Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Regenerating Health

Concept »

Regenerating health is a gameplay mechanic which automatically refills the players health bar after successfully escaping damage for a set amount of time. It is typically seen in RPGs and modern first/third-person shooters.

Halo?

TB42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TB42

So I am going to be picky :) Technically in Halo the regenerating aspect is the shields on your armor not really what you tend to consider your health

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termite

Yeah, but the icon for the thing is the halo regeneration bar. I think we all accept that it is the same concept

KingHippp0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By KingHippp0

Picky, but you are right. Halo 1 had regenerating shields, and health packs.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 have regenerating health, as well as regenerating shields. The whole thing is spelled out here.
    http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Health

Halo 1's shields are a precursor to the health systems used in a lot of modern shooters, allowing you to be at "full health" when you run into a freshly respawned enemy. But yeah, I think TB42 is right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.