Reggie: "What Third Party Should We Partner With Next?"

#1 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

http://kotaku.com/5296844/the-great-chain-interview-part-5-riccitiello-to-reggie-to-you

In part 5 of a long chain interview on Kotaku, John Riccitello got to ask Reggie a question, he responded, and then gave a question to fans.

"In the same vein of Team Ninja working with Nintendo to re-imagine Metroid, what development group would your readers love to see partner and collaborate with Nintendo? And on what franchise?"

"I warned Reggie that he'd be raising expectations with a question like that. He laughed. 'Maybe it'll give us some further options on what to consider.'"

So it's not an instant guarantee, like anyone here expects it to, but what kind of collaboration would YOU personally like to see.

Me? Just get Treasure to work on the next Star Fox, and I'll be in heaven.

#2 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

A western developer by the name of Rockstar North to create an open world Mario Platformer.

#3 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

#4 Edited by Cyst (68 posts) -

Don't look too much into this guys, he's not going to fulfill your every wish. He's only teasin'. Let's keep it realistic. Maybe a Level-5 collabo?

#5 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Alaska_Gamer said:
"Me? Just get Treasure to work on the next Star Fox, and I'll be in heaven."
They're already collaborating for Sin & Punishment 2 :-)

I can't think what I'd want personally, Nintendo do their own IP just fine, and I'm more excited to see third parties doing unique titles like The Crystal Bearers or their own IP like Monster Hunter 3 than adopt a Nintendo IP. They should entice more projects like that. I suppose I'd like to see SEGA do another F-Zero title if it has to be a collaboration. I can't think of anything else that's not best handled by Nintendo. Their IP consists of quirky stuff or platformers that nobody really does better. Then again the Team Ninja deal was a great surprise I wouldn't have expected so...
#6 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Hideo Kojima.
Exclusive MGS sequel.
For the Wii.

#7 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I want them to partner with MadCatz. Then they will make a game based off all the bad MadCatz controllers and accessories. Of course, the game will break in a week.

#8 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Partner with themselves and make some decent 'Nintendo' games.

LOL I R SO FUNI, RIGHT? :D
#9 Posted by ThomasP (1653 posts) -

I would like to see Capcom vs Nintendo; a kick ass fighting game in the same vein as Marvel vs Capcom 2.

#10 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -

Whatever team developed Dark Cloud 1, 2, and Rogue Galaxy.  I think those games would be a perfect fit for the Wii.

#11 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -

Well Capcom and Nintendo always make good stuff, have them take care of some new Zelda game. Nintendo and Rare?
I would love to see some new RPG for the WIi from Bioware or Bethesda.  Something please.  No other japanese developers though, thank you very much.

#12 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

A cell shaded Ninja Gaiden game for Wii.

#13 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11018 posts) -

How about Atlus doing the next Mario RPG? Mario and Friends go inside the TV world to fight shadows, and then you can improve your social link with Waluigi or Birdo as you take quests from mysterious goomba.

#14 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3659 posts) -
@ThomasP said:
" I would like to see Capcom vs Nintendo; a kick ass fighting game in the same vein as Marvel vs Capcom 2. "
YES
#15 Posted by torus (1096 posts) -

Grand Theft Peach: Mushroom Kingdom.

#16 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" Well Capcom and Nintendo always make good stuff, have them take care of some new Zelda game. Nintendo and Rare?I would love to see some new RPG for the WIi from Bioware or Bethesda.  Something please.  No other japanese developers though, thank you very much. "
Bethesda recently said they have a "big" Wii game in the works but have yet to reveal it. It could be anything, but they seemed to hint at a "core" title. A sister company of theirs is doing a shitty looking (REALLY shitty) mini game collection but from their interview that is not what they were talking about. I hope it's something good.
#17 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @ThomasP said:
" I would like to see Capcom vs Nintendo; a kick ass fighting game in the same vein as Marvel vs Capcom 2. "
YES "
Another? Okay, it doesn't have Nintendo characters but Tatsunoko vs Capcom fits the bill just fine, and the West is getting a beefed up version.
#18 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Level-5 and nintendo rpg for the wii

#19 Edited by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Nintendo and Capcom should do another Zelda, but since there are two on the way I doubt it.  Or maybe with Namco to make a Namco x Nintendo RPG like  Namco x Capcom.

#20 Posted by torus (1096 posts) -

But honestly, we really need Blizzard to develop a version of Starcraft for the DS. It would be a killer app.

#21 Posted by Nasar7 (2500 posts) -

Partner with Team ICO for the next Zelda!

#22 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -
@Nasar7 said:
" Partner with Team ICO for the next Zelda! "
Team ICO is not third party.
#23 Posted by Nasar7 (2500 posts) -
@KingBroly:
" @Nasar7 said:
Team ICO is not third party. "
Money makes the world go round. This is just wishful thinking anyway, its not like any of this is gonna happen.
#24 Posted by ThomasP (1653 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @ThomasP said:
YES "
Another? Okay, it doesn't have Nintendo characters but Tatsunoko vs Capcom fits the bill just fine, and the West is getting a beefed up version. "
I've wanted Capcom vs Nintendo long before Tatsunoko vs Capcom was even green lighted. I'm psyched for that release, but Capcom vs Nintendo is what I want.
#25 Posted by ThomasP (1653 posts) -
@luce said:
" Level-5 and nintendo rpg for the wii "
@Black_Rose said:
" Nintendo and Capcom should do another Zelda, but since there are two on the way I doubt it.  Or maybe with Namco to make a Namco x Nintendo RPG like  Namco x Capcom. "
@Nasar7 said:
All those would be amazing.
#26 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Square Enix, Atlus, Grasshopper (that would be great), Platinum games, Type Moon, or Bioware

#27 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

rare^^

#28 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

just kidding:P

#29 Edited by Willy105 (4686 posts) -

Treasure or Platinum Games with Star Fox.

And have Valve do something.

@apoptosis61 said:

" rare^^
" just kidding:P "

I wish. But Rare is perfectly happy with Kinect Sports. I think.
#30 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

nintendo-suda51 for new zelda^^ gona be hell of a game:P

#31 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Capcom made fairly good, wholey unappreciated Zelda games. I'd love to see them do another proper overhead Zelda with Paper Mario style popup book 3d. I'd like Atlus to partner with Nintendo so they can make a new game instead of porting old shit all the time. An Atlus game with a budget, imagine that.

#32 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Nice year-long bump, bro.

#33 Posted by ThatFrood (3360 posts) -

Ensemble Studios (I don't care that they've disbanded, bring them back damnit!), Super Mario RTS.

#34 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Partner with shit in order to improve the quality of their games.

#35 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" Treasure or Platinum Games with Star Fox.

And have Valve do something.

@apoptosis61 said:
" rare^^
" just kidding:P "
I wish. But Rare is perfectly happy with Kinect Sports. I think. "
Platinum doing a Star Fox reboot. God that could work. It could be completely ridiculous and full of characters that totally play it straight. Blue language, Fox McCloud gritting his teeth doing the Bale Batman voice, Falco sounding like the Persian king from 300 and Quoting the starfox universe equivalent to the bible before jumping out of his craft onto a Star Wolf fighter and pecking the pilot's head off.
#36 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
"    Marcus Fenix with hair that reacted to his movement blew my mind. "
They should probably avoid trying to impress you.
#37 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
"    Marcus Fenix with hair that reacted to his movement blew my mind. "
They should probably avoid trying to impress you. "
It says a lot that that impressed me and I was completely nonplussed by a new Zelda that looks like an old Zelda.
#38 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

Partner with Insomniac for a Wario World game.

#39 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Cmon Nintendo give Epona hair physics already and enter the current gen with the big boys.

#40 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

SWERY.

#41 Posted by Willy105 (4686 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" Partner with shit in order to improve the quality of their games. "
What an infant.
#42 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
What an infant. "
I'm guessing that with your superior intellect, you're more used to the subtleties of Mario Galaxy 2 and above a little blunt humour. 
#43 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@CaptainObvious said:
" SWERY. "
God its so obvious.
#44 Posted by Willy105 (4686 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
What an infant. "
I'm guessing that with your superior intellect, you're more used to the subtleties of Mario Galaxy 2 and above a little blunt humour.  "

I outgrew that kind of humor already. It was back in Middle School, but then again, everything was funny back then. It has nothing to do with superior intellect (?) or Super Mario Galaxy 2 (??).
#45 Posted by Zidd (1832 posts) -
@ThomasP: Nintendo would probably mandate it being dumbed down similar to smash bros.
#46 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
What an infant. "
I'm guessing that with your superior intellect, you're more used to the subtleties of Mario Galaxy 2 and above a little blunt humour.  "
I outgrew that kind of humor already. It was back in Middle School, but then again, everything was funny back then. It has nothing to do with superior intellect (?) or Super Mario Galaxy 2 (??). "
Well, I'm glad you put me in my place.
#47 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Sequel to Eternal Darkness

#48 Posted by Willy105 (4686 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
What an infant. "
I outgrew that kind of humor already. It was back in Middle School, but then again, everything was funny back then. It has nothing to do with superior intellect (?) or Super Mario Galaxy 2 (??). "
Well, I'm glad you put me in my place. "
Anytime, friend!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.