Anyone cautiously optimistic?

#1 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Seems a little derivative, but derivative of things I like. Will keep an eye on this.

#2 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

It sounds suspiciously like Minority Report. I can't say I'm too excited for it, but I at least like that they're pushing more new I.P's.

#3 Posted by Village_Guy (2497 posts) -

You mean Remember Me? The page has boxart images, and the text states that it was revealed at Gamescom 2012, so I guess the page title should be updated.

As for the game itself, I haven't actually heard about it before, but it sounds interesting enough to keep an eye on.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
This.

Yeah I'm hyped, looks good!
And hey, new ip's! Yay!
#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -
#6 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

Does it end in the world trade center?

#7 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

You mean Remember Me? The page has boxart images, and the text states that it was revealed at Gamescom 2012, so I guess the page title should be updated.

As for the game itself, I haven't actually heard about it before, but it sounds interesting enough to keep an eye on.

There's a trailer out: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/capcom-announces-remember-me

#8 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

It's Capcom im cautious

#9 Posted by voidox (14 posts) -

there's also the gameplay trailer:

yay for PC and agreed, cautiously optimistic for this indeed~

#10 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

Does it end in the world trade center?

Just what I was thinking.

#11 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -
#12 Posted by Trylks (826 posts) -

A mix of cyberpunk stuff, which is good, with some gameplay that I have yet to see. I would say "cautiously optimistic" is the right state.

PS: just saw the video posted by @voidox.

Now I'm moderately excited and hoping not to be disappointed. This game could be good or just another game that looked good but then failed. It seems to be the first game for the developer company, they don't have a track of successes nor failures. Time will tell.

#13 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Damn I think I got one Deus Ex game spoiled.

#14 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

I have my hopes, but definitely want to see more. Like to see Capcom publishing stuff that isn't typical of Capcom, so that is always nice.

#15 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

We should take bets now on if that dude on the radio is the Atlas/Fontaine of the game. Given that the game is based around selective editing of memories, Remember Me seems absolutely rife with potential for an Alias-like "But I didn't know I was working for the bad guys!" twist.

#16 Posted by JackSukeru (5904 posts) -

I am

ALWAYS

cautiously optimistic.

#17 Posted by Brenderous (1097 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

I am

ALWAYS

cautiously optimistic.

This, but also I'm a sucker for Blade Runner/Deus Ex/Cool-ass futuristic lookin' stuff.

#18 Posted by Slag (4016 posts) -

You down wit' new IP?

Yeah you know me!

Who's down wit' new IP?

Every last Homie!

#19 Posted by oraknabo (1453 posts) -

I'll keep an eye on this one.

#20 Posted by Scottish_Sin (221 posts) -

I'm cautious but it does look like it has potential. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Does anybody else think the main protagonist looks and sounds like Lara Croft, though?

#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Cautious optimism if my default emotion with it comes to new stuff that looks neat.

That said, Remember Me looks neat!

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Love the setting, visual style, and the idea of memory fuckage. Will I buy it, however? Depends on the gameplay. I want to DO SHIT, I want to create my own scenarios with complete freedom.

I'll keep an eye on this, but if it's the typical funneling kind of game, no thanks, I hate interactive movies.

#23 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

Even though Capcom gets a lot of crap for poor practices, they still make some pretty good games. I'm cautiously optimistic.

#24 Posted by TheFakePsychic (189 posts) -

Cautiously optimistic pretty much describes how I feel about this right now, since the last time Capcom did something similar (cyberpunk-esque third person action game)... didn't exactly turn out so well *cough P.N.03 cough*.

But that remix stuff seems neat, so yeah, cautiously optimistic pretty much sums up where I'm at with this.

#25 Posted by Iodine (542 posts) -

This looks kewl, as someone else said, I hope it ends up being so.

#26 Posted by Eye_Have_You (9 posts) -

Just seems a bit too much like Assassin's Creed to me. Not that AC is bad, just that a game that looks like it's trying to be another game probably won't turn out so great. I'd have to wait for post-release review before I chucked money at it.

Just me though; but I like to punch frogs for fun, so I don't know much.

#27 Posted by Timnoldzim (86 posts) -

In terms of game quality, I can't think of a single time that Capcom has let me down, so yeah, optimistic.

I do wish the heroine didn't walk like a supermodel and wore such tight clothing- especially since they really don't even seem to be putting much of a focus on her body. If you're not going to be a total creepy disquieting sleaze with your sexy video game women, why make them sexy at all?

#28 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

Its looks amazing from what they've shown so far... So yeah i'm cautiously optimistic.

#29 Posted by falserelic (5333 posts) -

How much you want to bet that this game will be short?

#30 Posted by The_Nubster (2047 posts) -

@Timnoldzim said:

In terms of game quality, I can't think of a single time that Capcom has let me down, so yeah, optimistic.

I do wish the heroine didn't walk like a supermodel and wore such tight clothing- especially since they really don't even seem to be putting much of a focus on her body. If you're not going to be a total creepy disquieting sleaze with your sexy video game women, why make them sexy at all?

Skintight stealth suits. Hard to be sneaky in ghetto jeans, dawg.

#31 Posted by Zuldim (288 posts) -

Psychonauts meets Assassin's Creed? Yeah, it has piqued my interest.

#32 Posted by jmood88 (392 posts) -

I had no idea this game existed until a couple days ago but I saw a couple videos and I'm excited for it.

#33 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

New trailer is out.

It looks like the game quality will live or die depending on how well the fighting mechanics work. Very neat graphical style and an excuse to put in all manner of non-sense (current stuff still mostly looks like Mirror's Edge). It looks like some definite quality people behind it (but not necessarily ones you would assume would make this sort of action game), but presumably Capcom is a bit of an asset here.

#34 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Ghost trick and climbing

I'm full on optimistic

#35 Posted by believer258 (11642 posts) -

Big emphasis on "cautiously".

And "curious" is probably a better word than "optimistic". I'm not terribly excited to play it yet but I'll certainly look into it.

#36 Posted by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

If they can pull off what they are selling sure I would get it. It does look neat.

#37 Posted by MrHadouken (166 posts) -

I was cautiously optimistic, but I just took a jump and pre-ordered throwing caution to the wind. I just hope the camera and controls work well, I can deal with it if the game is a bit short and linear.

#38 Posted by zenmastah (878 posts) -

Ive had this pre-ordered for awhile now.
Really looking forward to screw some memories up, not so sure about the combat though.

Capcom also releases decent PC versions so im hopefull.

#39 Posted by Reisz (1461 posts) -

Not cautious at all, I am straight up optimistic about it, really looking forward to it.

#40 Posted by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

Love the idea, I'm pretty skeptical about the execution. Could be great, we'll know soon enough.

#41 Posted by spraynardtatum (2608 posts) -

I don't know. I think it looks kind of bad from what I've seen. I am definitely not getting it at launch.

#42 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

I'm just hoping it's good enough for a rental , but I doubt even that :(

Here's hoping it's good .

#43 Posted by cloudnineboya (764 posts) -

i was keeping a eye on this but now that alex is reviewing the game it has to be bad right! he only reviews bad games,.

#44 Posted by Mikular (161 posts) -

Maybe. The worst, most egregious ass shot in a long time on the cover kind of makes me want to vomit on their marketing guys, though.

#45 Edited by phantomzxro (1565 posts) -

Seem like it could be cool the story sounded interesting but with so little play in the media can't be a good sign.

#46 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2570 posts) -

Still interested, I don't expect much, but even flawed games can be very interesting. Binary Domain would be an example that a game with flaws can be far more interesting than and triple-a polished title.

#47 Posted by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

I really hope this game is good, I need something to play before The Last of Us comes out.

#48 Posted by Rafaelfc (1315 posts) -

I am interested, just waiting for a quick look to decide on whether or not i'll get it.

#49 Posted by StarvingGamer (8016 posts) -

@mikular said:

The worst, most egregious ass shot in a long time on the cover

Really?

#50 Posted by Mikular (161 posts) -

@starvinggamer: I would consider games like Bayonetta differently, it knew what it was and flaunted it. The cover art at least matched the tone of the game, where Remember Me *appears* to place no emphasis on the character's sexuality, other than her marketable figure being used to appeal to a certain audience.

I also said "in a long time", and it's been a while since Bayonetta. But in terms of just sheer ballsiness on the cover art, X-Blades probably "wins" for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.