Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Remember Me

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Remember Me is a futuristic game set in Neo-Paris. The protagonist, Nilin, is up against a tyrant company, Memorize, with the technology to manipulate people's memory to their will. It is up to Nilin and her friends to fight against Memorize to break the bind it has on society.

First impressions

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just finished episode 1 of this game.

Cons:

Guided/linear climbing sections which are boring compared to games which do it better (assassins creed). If there is only one obvious way to go forward

Controls which feel slightly clunky. especially in jumping when compared to over games which do it better.

The combat system which I admire for the customization but is basically a worse version of the batman games combat system with out the gadgets.

A great world, but is too linear! This game screaming for an assassins creed/Arkhem city open world with side missions and game economy with money/investments and upgradeable equipment. I want to get lost in the world and really get to see more of the problems of Neo Paris

Pros:

I love the memory remix feature. There is enough intervention points to make it not seem like a join the dots exercise. It could use more variety in how you achieve you ends but overall a neat concept and very cool game play mechanic.

A nice cyperpunkish story about a dystopian future which is semi-believeable, though I think they over did some elements (how does memory addiction lead to physical mutations?)

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I'm really like this game so far, kind of surprised this game kinda came out of nowhere and is hardly being talked about but I guess that's what you get for releasing close to E3. Games combat is fairly generic doing the whole Sleeping Dogs / Batman games of "red exclamation point" dodge, and use combos to hit. What makes the game unbelievably special is the combo edits you can make to determine whether you're causing damage, gaining health, or gaining back stamina for your special. Doing so allows you approach each edit as a puzzle, cause you want to make sure you can an even balance of each. Story and universe is interesting, Neo-Paris 2084 gives me the feeling of watching Akira again when I was little. Just the grittiness and awe of what the possible future can entail makes me feel giddy inside. I'm only on chapter 4 but I think this game is great, I'm really getting a Binary Domain feeling cause of how good that game was but it got little to no fan fair outside of the GB community. Both games seemed generic in their respective genres but really shine in the story and background environment. Like I said still on chapter 4 hopefully it stays like that for the remaining of this game.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RVonE

I'm really like this game so far, kind of surprised this game kinda came out of nowhere and is hardly being talked about but I guess that's what you get for releasing close to E3. Games combat is fairly generic doing the whole Sleeping Dogs / Batman games of "red exclamation point" dodge, and use combos to hit. What makes the game unbelievably special is the combo edits you can make to determine whether you're causing damage, gaining health, or gaining back stamina for your special. Doing so allows you approach each edit as a puzzle, cause you want to make sure you can an even balance of each. Story and universe is interesting, Neo-Paris 2084 gives me the feeling of watching Akira again when I was little. Just the grittiness and awe of what the possible future can entail makes me feel giddy inside. I'm only on chapter 4 but I think this game is great, I'm really getting a Binary Domain feeling cause of how good that game was but it got little to no fan fair outside of the GB community. Both games seemed generic in their respective genres but really shine in the story and background environment. Like I said still on chapter 4 hopefully it stays like that for the remaining of this game.

I hope you've seen this game through to the end. I think the final parts of that game are really worth seeing.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@rvone: I agree, just finished the game myself and I think the ending is great.

Its kinda funny, everyone likes the remix stuff and hates the combat. I actually really enjoyed the combat, and thought the remixes were not that great, they had potential but there just wasn't enough variation (the story stuff that happens during the remixes was great though). Although I did really like the final remix.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed this game start to finish, style, story and gameplay were all pretty decent. I'd love to see a sequel.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

I'm about two-thirds of the through , and honestly I thinks it's ass so far . But I think I'll try to finish it .

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@kerse said:

@rvone: I agree, just finished the game myself and I think the ending is great.

Its kinda funny, everyone likes the remix stuff and hates the combat. I actually really enjoyed the combat, and thought the remixes were not that great, they had potential but there just wasn't enough variation (the story stuff that happens during the remixes was great though). Although I did really like the final remix.

I agree. I enjoyed the combat in that it felt almost soothing because of the rhythmic nature of inputting each strike. Being able to complete a long combo without interruption because a mini-game of it's own.

The remixes were stylish but a bit boring in my experience. Having to slowly scrub back and forth through a cinematic only to see the same scenes play out with minor variations wasn't that enthralling. The mechanic of rotating the analog to rewind was a clever touch though.

All in all I thought it was a pretty good game. Definitely not perfect but for the sheer variety of environments and completely realized vision of the future I'd give it top marks. The combat isn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be - it's a little stiff but you get used to it and the special abilities are interesting.

I believe it is a solid 4/5 game and thinks it's a shame that a lot of places scored it so low because it diminishes the chances of a sequel that could potentially fix the minor issues holding the game back from realizing it's full potential.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels weird playing a game with such nice artwork, and a solid attempt at establishing a world and story.

But the combat is just, ugh. Did Capcom go to the developer and say "hey, we need these controls to feel laggier. Make sure the fights and environments lack any sense of place and action."

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

I got bored halfway through :( The story isn't too interesting yet and sneaking and all feels like a chore sometimes. I really wanted to like this game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By TheHT

I'm only 3 hours in but so far it's really neat. The art style's fantastic, the music is cool, the story seems like it's still getting set up (just started episode 4) and the combat is fun. I like games where you're dodging a lot, avoiding everything enemies throw at you. Arkham combat has you avoiding hits by constantly countering, but this is just you flipping all over the place like a crazy spider-monkey wushu lady, it's great. Setting up your combos to serve different purposes is a potentially interesting system. I'll have to see how extensive it gets because for now I've only got 3 combos which boil down to damage/heal/damage and reduce cooldown.

The climbing is nothing extraordinary, but is a nice way to see the really, really good looking environments. The only real issue I'm having is the mouse control being sluggish. I boosted the sensitivity up pretty high but still sometimes have to move my mouse way too much compared to how much the camera moves. The memory remixing is awesome. Only went through the one from the quick look, and I understand there's only a few in the game, so I'll be sure to savor each of them. It's totally this weird Ghost Trick-esque puzzle inside someone's mind, and the way it changes them when you're done is an interesting concept I hope they explore. Unfortunately, rewinding the memories with the mouse can be a pit of a pain when they want you to make big circles motions and only have so much desk space to work with.

Still, I'm liking what I'm seeing. Playing it in french with english subtitles, because why not. Looks like you can still get it on greenmangaming for $10 if you wanna give it a shot.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: 6 months later and I still see no one really appreciates what this game had to offer.

It's a real shame but I guess gamers have grown to have extremely refined tastes these days.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Remember Me. I thought it was a beautifully realized world with an interesting fiction to everything. The soundtrack was phenomenal.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Remember Me. I thought it was a beautifully realized world with an interesting fiction to everything. The soundtrack was phenomenal.

Heck yah dood *remix glove fist bump*

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@humanity said:

@theht: 6 months later and I still see no one really appreciates what this game had to offer.

It was my 9th favorite game this year.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@humanity said:

@starvinggamer said:

@humanity said:

It was my 9th favorite game this year.

It was my 7th favorite game of this year. You have great taste in games my good man.

It was my still waiting for it to be on sale for 5 bucks game of the year.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I beat it a while ago. It had cool ideas but there are a lot of 'buts' after each good thing. Placing the effects for the different combos so each combo can be used for different reasons is cool. But I usually only had enough time for a three hit combo due to being surrounded constantly and the bad guys take way to long to kill. The story concept is neat but the dialogue is shit and the story development and conclusion is really poor.

The only thing I can say without reservation is the game looks and sounds great.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lightsoda

@jasonr86: Couldn't you vault over guys and continue the combo? I didn't have any issue getting pretty lengthy combos iirc.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Seppli

Finished my PS+ copy of it recently. The story is rather disjointed, and most side-characters have no build-up whatsoever; that and the horrific Combo Lab UI and non-sensical unlock progression aside, it was surprisingly great. Especially its art direction and presentation is game-of-the-year-worthy at times, like the downright sensual turning of that nob to rewind and remix memory sequences - so good!

I feel like they designed a deep and fun and fluid combat system, then broke it down for progression's sake, and thus ended up with rather bad feeling shallow combat for a majority of the game. It's borderline great at the end. Classic erroneous design.

Have it pegged as a potential cult favorite of the generation. A game some wierdo might still talk about fondly years later.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading some of these opinions, I have to agree that this might become a "cult classic". Once it goes on sale for < 20 dollars on steam, I guess I'll find out for myself. Excited to check it out though.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsoda:

Maybe I sucked. I don't know. One way or another I finished that game doing the same three hit combo with a variety of attributes and it wasn't very fun.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: Yeah well, I also seem to recall dishing out the same two combos all the time, with an optional third for some healing, which wasn't all that fun either.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsoda: yah you had to dodge in order to keep your combo. Being able to effectively finish off your 7 hit sequence was challenging and a goal I always strove for which made every combat encounter fun for me.

I liked that I could cater the combat to my own preference and situation. I could build a short healing combo to always keep my health afloat. Or I could make a medium size energy recharging combo so that I could bust out the cool special abilities constantly.

I didn't see anyone mention those and they were pretty fun as well.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: Couldn't you vault over guys and continue the combo? I didn't have any issue getting pretty lengthy combos iirc.

That is the way to keep combos going and how you dish out the lengthy ones.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JasonR86

@humanity said:

@lightsoda: yah you had to dodge in order to keep your combo. Being able to effectively finish off your 7 hit sequence was challenging and a goal I always strove for which made every combat encounter fun for me.

I liked that I could cater the combat to my own preference and situation. I could build a short healing combo to always keep my health afloat. Or I could make a medium size energy recharging combo so that I could bust out the cool special abilities constantly.

I didn't see anyone mention those and they were pretty fun as well.

I ended up simply spamming the 3 hit combo until I could do a special, use special to kill dudes, and repeat. I just didn't find it fun. I mean I found it cool to customize combos but in practice I wasn't feeling it. But I was also shitty at doing the vaulting/dodging stuff so maybe I was just bad at it. Whatever. When all is said and done I didn't like the combat much. But that was like the mundane part of the game for me. The truly awful stuff was the writing. For example, remember (haha!) the guy in the helicopter who the main character fights and he keeps referring to the main character as red riding hood and it's shitty and when the fight is over the main character tells the bad guy she has a basket full of whoop ass for him?

UGH.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you're supposed to be able to dodge and keep the combo going, but I never seem to get the timing right. How are you supposed to time it such that the combo holds? With just keeping up combos it is obvious, with the actual dodges there's no noise indicator.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this sounds like one of those games that should have been... made... better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.