FIX for game crashing on startup

#1 Edited by Humanity (9076 posts) -

So I started playing this today on PC and I have a Radeon card. The game would start up and instantly crash with a "close this unresponsive program" message.

Apparently as strange as it sounds, the trick to fixing this issue lies in installing Nvidia PhysX drivers even if you have an ATI card.

I installed these and they work just fine with no other crashes throughout the entire game (Edit: I beat it by now) And I haven't noticed issues with any other titles as a result of this weird mish-mash of drivers.

PHYS X DRIVERS DOWNLOAD

In case anyone else has similar issues. I was a little bummed out at first as I was kind of teetering on the verge of getting the console version instead. Thankfully I found the fix pretty quick and just want to pass it forward.

#2 Posted by miqdadi (1 posts) -

Thanks, I had the same problem but this solved it ^^

#3 Edited by ibruemleve (37 posts) -

I also had this weird problem. Thanks again for the easy fix!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.