Escape from Quantanamo bay! Wait... anyway here is the trailer

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

Rendition: Guantanamo is a game by T-enterprise Scotland (who only made web games until now) in which apparently you escape from Quantanamo bay detention camp, you know the highly controversial US prison. Although the trailer does not actually say that it is THE Quantanamo bay prison it is hard not to think of it when the game is set in a prison in Quantanamo (South Cuban Town).

The trailer shows that:

• You were captured behind enemy lines and sold (sold???) to Quantanamo for illegal scientific experiences
    • You were tortured by mercenaries and experimented on.
    • After five years in prison you hear the news that you have a son and that apparently the mercenaries are holding him captive.
    • Fall 2009 release date.
    • PC and Xbox 360 release.

I really don't get this game at all, is it set in some kind of parallel universe?  Anyway here is the trailer:

source: http://www.renditionthegame.com/

Can't say it looks all that interesting really, the setting makes me think that this is either a adventure game, a stealth game or a party game. I'm sure though that due to the i suppose controversial nature of the setting that we will soon learn more about this game.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TheKidNixon

Oh my.

I can't imagine this game being very good; while the idea of an escape from prison game can certainly work (Butcher Bay says hi,) the general controversy-bating theme and setting seems to mostly serve the purpose getting a higher profile for a developer I've never heard of (and whose site is apparently down. Brilliant.)

However you feel about Gitmo, I think you have to strain pretty hard to justify the political importance and power of this title. It simply feels like a headline grab, much the same way that Fallujah did. Interested to see more, but my expectations are pretty low right from the start.

"It is time to leave" indeed.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By UncleDisco

Will Harold and Kumar be in this?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By End_Boss

Dude, what? That's an absolutely ridiculous concept. Also, was that clip really the game? 'Cause the graphics made it seem like an early game from one of last gen's consoles (Gamecube?), and even that's being generous.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gizmo

Crappy graphics: Check

Crappy Requiem For A Dream copy: Check

Dumb topic which mainstream media will pounce all over: Check

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheKidNixon

Oh, another quick thought: any possibly political relevance or weight this game might have to it is instantly null and void once your super powers you have attained due to "scientific experiments" start to manifest.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Where's Harold and Kumar? Without then what's the point.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Endogene
    TheKidNixon said:
    Oh my.I can't imagine this game being very good; while the idea of an escape from prison game can certainly ... [more]
    I have the same feeling, I have been looking into T-enterprise a bit (amusingly enough the first page to show up was a myspace page of the company) and they have only made web based games and viral marketing stuff. This appears to be their first PC/console game.

End_Boss said:
    Dude, what? That's an absolutely ridiculous concept. Also, was that clip really the game? 'Cause the graphics made it seem ... [more]
    I am afraid so, this is what their site links to... Would it be a PC only game it would probably have a 5 dollar price sticker on it and that would be fine because it will not be worth more but since they also announce it on the 360 I fear the worst.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ParanoidFreak

This game looks so bad that it might be more fun to actually commit a crime and go to prison.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Endogene
    TheKidNixon said:
    Oh my.I can't imagine this game being very good; while the idea of an escape from prison game can certainly ... [more]
    Sorry that was my fault, i was off creating a company page on giant bomb for them so the link was incomplete.

Here is their site: http://www.t-enterprise.co.uk/corporate-technology/contactus.aspx

The "T-labs" tab on the top red bar contains all their "games " till date.
    TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheKidNixon
    Endogene said:
    TheKidNixon said: Oh my.I can't imagine this game being very good; while the idea of an escape from prison game ... [more]
    Ah. So now I know for sure I've never even heard of anything they've done and their game looks like rubbish, but their website does too. GotY contender, this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.