any news on a possible remake?

#1 Posted by LocoRocker (210 posts) -

in my opinion re2 is the best of the original trilogy and deserves a remake!

#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14367 posts) -

I thought it was remade for the gamecube already? And it seems a bit stupid to remake a game that was just remade a couple of years ago.

#3 Posted by LocoRocker (210 posts) -

nope it was only ported without any changes. they made a remake of the original resident evil on the gamecube though

#4 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"I thought it was remade for the gamecube already? And it seems a bit stupid to remake a game that was just remade a couple of years ago.
"
Yeah it was a port of the original without any graphic improvement at all or any new features.
#5 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I thought it was extremely lame that Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles did not have anything from RE2 in it, what the heck were they thinking?!

I don't think a remake will happen. It would be major awesome though if it was anything like REMake on gamecube.

#6 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Yeah, RE2 was sweet.

#7 Posted by SymbolliC (261 posts) -

I would love to see a remake of 2 over any other game. Wish they would have remade the second one instead of the first, but it makes sense they would start with the first game. I still enjoy watching the original RE's opening video and voice overs though.

#8 Posted by AlkalineSolo (1 posts) -

Yeah, RE2 is one of my all time favorite games.  they need a remake!   but remake it like they did w/ resident evil for the gamecube.  i don't really care for that over the shoulder view of the newer games.

#9 Posted by LocoRocker (210 posts) -
#10 Edited by TwoLines (2795 posts) -

RE-make ? That would be freakin' awesome. Although I don't own a Wii.. oh NOES ! Hope it would also hit X360. But so far- it's just a rumour so..

#11 Posted by Jackel2072 (2253 posts) -

i pay cash money for a RE2 remake! im just debating if i would prefer the old style controls or the new RE4 controls in this remake?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.