Resident Evil 2 - Playthrough

Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -

So I played through Resident Evil 2 for the PS1 and recorded it, both Leon A and Claire B games. The Leon games are up, the Claire ones will probably be up by tomorrow some time (rendering out 50 videos or so is really time consuming, not to mention uploading only 10 at a given time). Check it.

Just finished a Resident Evil 3 playthrough as well, which is even longer so I don't know when I'll be done editing that junk.
#1 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -

So I played through Resident Evil 2 for the PS1 and recorded it, both Leon A and Claire B games. The Leon games are up, the Claire ones will probably be up by tomorrow some time (rendering out 50 videos or so is really time consuming, not to mention uploading only 10 at a given time). Check it.

Just finished a Resident Evil 3 playthrough as well, which is even longer so I don't know when I'll be done editing that junk.
#2 Posted by Oni (2094 posts) -

I maintain that Resident Evil 2 is the best Resident Evil of all time. And best survival horror.

#3 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@Oni: Yeah any shittalk I made about RE2 during this playthrough I take back, especially after playing through RE3 again. That game is so much more annoying/long/difficult. Although I still say original Silent Hill is best survival horror.
#4 Edited by Demo (263 posts) -

Great playing. I don't know what Sony wants to release the REs on PSN Europe. Oral sex?

*puts lipstick*

#5 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@Demo: Haha, yeah I just used my PS1 disc, still have most of my old PS1 games.
#6 Posted by JonnyAvacado (404 posts) -

Dude, great game...I think I am going to play through it myself this weekend.  If I can get away from NGS2 for 5 minutes....
Good stuff!!

#7 Posted by Daniel (1523 posts) -

Leon was pretty bad ass for a rookie cop from a place called Raccoon City. 

#8 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

"It looks like your party...has been canceled."  AMAZING!  That's even better than the unintentionally hilarious localization of the first game.

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18907 posts) -

I wish they would remake this game.  This is probably my favorite "classic" Resident Evil game.

#10 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Is part 2 the one where you can play as a piece of tofu?

#11 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Played 1-4 and code veronica before the release of 5. 2 is still my favorite.

#12 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Whoa, I'll totally watch this. RE2 probably the best old style Resident Evil game for me. I never got that far because I wussed out. I remember my brother had this and I went into his room and turned on this game when he wasn't there and shitting myself at the first part because I didn't know how to run so I was trying to walk away from these zombies and get to the shop.

#13 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

love resident evil 2 and have enjoyed your street fighter videos so will watch these...... thanks

#14 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 always seemed like the coolest Resident Evil game, but sadly I have yet to play it. 

I guess I should try and track down a copy.

#15 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

Awesome videos, I like your voice...lol.

#16 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

My most favorite of all RE's! 
Man, i so want this game to be remade! 
CapCom, please... Puhleeaaaase!!!
#17 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11474 posts) -

RE2 is a good game. However, it is also a hard game, especially when I am using a 10 year old N64 controller on a game that requires skill when dodging. 

They should have remade this game in the style of REmake and RE0. I think that if they did that it would be my favorite in the series.

#18 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
 Saw this on your youtube channle cuz I creep it everyday wuttttt

Pretty cool, crazy how much games have changed
#19 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater: RE2 is not a hard game at all, I didn't even die (first time through anyway). RE3 is 25 times harder IMO, I must have died like 30 times yesterday playing it.
#20 Edited by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

You don't do Let's Plays do you? 'cause if you did. I would watch that shit, you've got... the voice!

#21 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11474 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @ArbitraryWater: RE2 is not a hard game at all, I didn't even die (first time through anyway). RE3 is 25 times harder IMO, I must have died like 30 times yesterday playing it. "
Ok. Than I blame my controller. I really didn't have much trouble with RE3, sans the first Nemesis fight. 

Then again, the only Resident Evil game I have ever had serious ammo issues with is RE0, which gives you plenty of Handgun ammo and not much else.
#22 Edited by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

best fuckin resident evil game,I think Ill play through it here soon for the 20th time,tofu and hunk da shit motha fucka!!!

#23 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

My favorite sequence was Claire A -> Leon B. God I love this game.

#24 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -

Yeah, thanks for the comments guys, all 48 vids are up for this, and I'm uploading RE3 vids now, have a couple up. Will blog on that playlist when the ups are done.

Future playthroughs I'm doing: Extermination (PS2) which is a crazy survival horror game that people probably looked over, and Alundra (PS1) which will be more endurance run style since it's an action rpg and will take a while.

#25 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2479 posts) -

Ah the memories! This is great, thanx for uploading it.

Also I appreciate you not bothering to mind your language; It makes for a more realistic experience because nobody nowhere has ever played a Resident Evil game that hasn't featured some moment that has made them cry out "Oh Fuck".

#26 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@Lydian_Sel: Yeah I generally never mind my language, even at awkward moments in life where I probably should.
#27 Posted by handlas (2659 posts) -

kewl stuff.  Game just came out on PSN....been thinking about picking it up.  Still my favorite Resident Evil.  Before it became more action oriented and mainstream I guess....I loved it.  Controls never bothered me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.