So, HTC Sense 3.0 has some, uh, unexpected "features".

#1 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

Okay, so I just updated my Desire S to Sense 3.0 earlier today. I was happily looking through the new features, screwing around with the new lock-screen and generally lamenting the fact that it still doesn't have even half the options of LauncherPro, when I decided to look through the various lock-screen presets. That's when I saw THIS:

That's right kids, a timely, culturally relevent and not-at-all random Resident Evil 3 reference!

Naturally, I am now bursting with odd, pointless questions. Firstly: "what the fuck?", secondly: "seriously, WHAT, THE, FUCK?!", and so on.

In all seriousness, did anyone else notice this? I know this is an unfathomably dumb thing to be thinking about in any detail, but I was pretty weirded out when I first saw it. Is it just a recent development, something to do with halloween or the 15th anniversary of the RE franchise, or is it just a piece of sub-Family Guy, referential "humor"? If someone with a Sensation, Evo 4G or any other HTC device that came with Sense 3.0 could tell me one way or the other, I'd be very greatful.

#2 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Spooky shit...

#3 Posted by Witzig (335 posts) -

That's funny

#4 Posted by dudeglove (8265 posts) -

Wait, Jill's infected?!

#5 Posted by Flappy (2352 posts) -

This changes everything.

#6 Posted by Jeffsekai (7052 posts) -

Zombies ARE real!

#7 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Wait, Jill's infected?!

Looks like Nemesis forgot to wear a jimmy hat...

#8 Posted by Brodehouse (10127 posts) -

Spoilers HTC, fuck...

#9 Posted by RobertOrri (1152 posts) -

@Witzig said:

That's funny

#10 Posted by probablytuna (3822 posts) -

Very cool.

#11 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1484 posts) -

That fight is kind of silly though, you can't look at your health the entire time.

#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12103 posts) -

That is amazingly random in a way I can get behind.

#13 Posted by KoolAid (1030 posts) -

Wait wait wait.... I totally forgot that Jill was infected in RE3. It pissed me off to no end in 5 (3 year old Spoilers i guess?) how Jill was infected by the only virus that was not only curable but stupidly easy to cure. But they totally set a precedent for this in 3!

To quote High Fidelity: I'm fine now!

#14 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

It seems like it's probably an in-joke they were using as placeholder text, but forgot to take it out before they went live.

#15 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

It seems like it's probably an in-joke they were using as placeholder text, but forgot to take it out before they went live.

Yeah, that's a good point. I would've expected them to change it by now though, as Sense 3.0 has been out for like five months on some HTC phones.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.