Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

20 $ Ladies and Gentlemen..

• 127 results
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Twenty dollars isn't so bad. Most people complain about re-releases because they're poor.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I already have it on PS2, so 20€ is a little much. It's definitely worth it if you haven't played it, though.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By vortextk

@ReyGitano said:

@Quacktastic said:

Eurogamer trashed the re-releases. Might want to read up if you are thinking of getting them.

It seems a bit strange that they're being so hard on it when so many of these HD releases of older games have just been up-scaled ports. Expecting a jump of quality like there was in Ocarina of Time, the game they're setting as the benchmark just seems unreasonable.

Yes and they bash every HD rerelease that uses the "HD" as well as that downloadable castlevania title did too(note: it didn't stand for high def). Good on them too. Good game or not, putting some real time and effort into the release is worth it, or otherwise you could play it basically the same on multiple other consoles already. Considering the popularity of this, people probably have. Hell you could play this on the pc in multiple ways too and probably get it controlling better and looking better than this release. Look at ICO and SotC. I mean come on, is there a HD rerelease of any two worse selling games out there? And have you seen the locked framerates or great visuals? Expanded viewable area? The same amount of money per game for BETTER releases(releases, not necessarily games) on a disk that you will actually own.

Though it's capcom, so who expects better.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#104  Edited By ReyGitano

@Vortextk said:

@ReyGitano said:

@Quacktastic said:

Eurogamer trashed the re-releases. Might want to read up if you are thinking of getting them.

It seems a bit strange that they're being so hard on it when so many of these HD releases of older games have just been up-scaled ports. Expecting a jump of quality like there was in Ocarina of Time, the game they're setting as the benchmark just seems unreasonable.

Yes and they bash every HD rerelease that uses the "HD" as well as that downloadable castlevania title did too(note: it didn't stand for high def). Good on them too. Good game or not, putting some real time and effort into the release is worth it, or otherwise you could play it basically the same on multiple other consoles already. Considering the popularity of this, people probably have. Hell you could play this on the pc in multiple ways too and probably get it controlling better and looking better than this release. Look at ICO and SotC. I mean come on, is there a HD rerelease of any two worse selling games out there? And have you seen the locked framerates or great visuals? Expanded viewable area? The same amount of money per game for BETTER releases(releases, not necessarily games) on a disk that you will actually own.

Though it's capcom, so who expects better.

Using Shadow as an example, I don't think any more work went into making that game HD than went into Resident Evil 4. To me it's more of an issue that the original didn't run well because it was trying to do so much that the PS2 couldn't handle, and now that they've just gone and put it on more powerful hardware, of course it'll increase the framerate and draw distances.

I suppose my issue is that they're reviewing the game based on what they wanted to see rather than the quality of the port itself.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By vortextk

Game's been out on like 4 or 5 times before. If you want to call it "hd", you need to prove it. It's a cash grab of a game, a good game, but the same game you've played multiple times with 0 new content and graphics that are still bested by playing it on the pc. Also you can try and wave the framerate issues as being simple from going to the new platform, but that's exactly why it's even better it's coming. If you've already played it or own it, what benefit do you get from this rerelease....nothing? That is why it is fair to judge it only partially for the game it is and for what it accomplishes as a newly released version of it as well.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#106  Edited By zidd

If you have PS plus you get the price it should have been in the first place. $9.99

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By Djratchet

$20 Resident Evil 4 HD

-$10 Playstation Plus Discount

-$5 Amazon Gift Card (Using that credit to buy a $10 PSN card for $5)

Me paying $5 for RE4 HD. Of course I got it. :p

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By rosebud04

why is Beyond Good and Evil HD half the price of Resident Evil 4?

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Djratchet

@rosebud04 said:

why is Beyond Good and Evil HD half the price of Resident Evil 4?

Because Capcom knows people will pay $20 for RE4. B&G wasn't nearly as popular (though it is still fairly popular) ubi probably felt the need to price accordingly.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By Juicebox

@RE_Player92:

How much is psplus 5$ a month??

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Juicebox

@Djratchet: You actually payed 10$ for it doe....

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Djratchet

@Juicebox: PS Plus is pretty damn good, don't know why you are calling it a scam. Yeah, the "free" games are only available as long as you are subbed, but are you honestly going to be playing most of the games they give you 3-12 months down the line? The "free" argument aside, the discounts make the service perfectly justifiable if you are like me and buy a lot of stuff from the PS Store. I've saved quite a lot of cash since getting the year plan, can't say I regret it in the slightest. Free forever DLC for some games is cool too.

Also,

@Juicebox said:

@Djratchet: You actually payed 10$ for it doe....

Not really. I got the $5 card for free from Swagbucks, so only $5 came out of my wallet. Sure, $10 went to Capcom, but I could honestly care less.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Juicebox

@Djratchet:

Yeah True Ps+ Is great If you buy allot of stuff from PSN .

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By Nekroskop

I noticed a price increase from 115NOK to 199NOK(~19.6USD to 34USD) on the PSN store today. Is it a bug?(and no I'm talking about the original price, not PSN+)

They couldn't possibly charge more for this could they?

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By fenixrevolution

This makes the third time I've bought this game and I'm still overly pleased with it. I know it isn't terribly old, but it still holds up to be as good, hell, probably better than games I'm playing today.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#116  Edited By FightMeNerd
    hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By hwy_61

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Twenty dollars isn't so bad. Most people complain about re-releases because they're poor.

hahahaha

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By louiedog
    FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#119  Edited By FightMeNerd
    @louiedog so it doesn't make sense
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#120  Edited By Black_Rose

@sesquipedalophobe said:

IN YOUR FACE POOR PEOPLE

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By strainedeyes

Just bought RE4 for 10 bucks with PSPlus. Never played it before, can't wait to dig into it.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Bribo

Code Veronica is worth a download if you want to play the last "true" Resident Evil game. (I say "true", I mean old and bad)

As for Resi 4, buy it for Wii if you want the defintive version, or get it on PC.

If you go for the PC version, look around for a mod that replaces the shitty PS2 textures, which is more than Capcom did when they farted-out this shoddy port to your Xbox.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By RedneckedCrake

@OneKillWonder said:

@chrismafuchris: No, for each.

I think $15 would be a more acceptable price considering how old these games are, even if they have been HD-ified.

Agree here, but it is Resident Evil 4. People will buy anyway. I already bought it on XBL and currently playing through it. It looks way nicer than I remember it on the PS2. Getting Code Veronica as soon as I finish up the story.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By OneManX

@Bribo said:

Code Veronica is worth a download if you want to play the last "true" Resident Evil game. (I say "true", I mean old and bad)

As for Resi 4, buy it for Wii if you want the defintive version, or get it on PC.

If you go for the PC version, look around for a mod that replaces the shitty PS2 textures, which is more than Capcom did when they farted-out this shoddy port to your Xbox.

Really, I remember the PC version being just SOOO Broken! It might of been patched, but I do agree, the Wii version is pretty good, but Im not too sure if you're gonna find it cheaper than 20 bucks.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By laserbolts

Sorry to bump this but did they ever release a disc version of this for 360? Or is just through games on demand?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By landon

@laserbolts: It's only on disc in Japan, you gotta download it everywhere else.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By laserbolts

Thanks dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.