European Box Art was so Badass

#1 Posted by Edgar (182 posts) -

I love me some Leon Kennedy, but man, creepy chainsaw guy in woods takes the cake.

caption
#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

That looks pretty bad to me...

#3 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1065 posts) -

Haha, yeah actually, ReTarDedFisHy prefers the NTSC cover art.
Whatever floats your boat, bro!

(ReTarDedFisHy thinks that if the background was a different color, then it would be truly badass. The red burns his eyes)

#4 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

The only problem with it is the title " 4 Resident Evil ".

#5 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

PAL boxart is usually fuckwin. NTSC is always the main character holding a gun or sword.

#6 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
Demilich said:
"PAL boxart is usually fuckwin. NTSC is always the main character holding a gun or sword.

"
Which looks way better than a red/black cover with almost nothing on it.
#7 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Dear lord...

#8 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

The Wii version's boxart is funny. It kinda looks like he's crapping his pants.

The warm stew oozes down his seams . . . that was uncalled for.

#9 Posted by Weltal (2273 posts) -

I like PAL's concept but the execution sucks.

#10 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

#11 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

I actually like the NA MGS4 cover, especially since I got the LE, which has the best cover of them all.

#13 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

LE MGS4 is much better than the regular NTSC, but I still prefer the PAL.

#14 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

The PAL Resident Evil 4 box art is definitely more artistic, but I think it doesn't look very good.

Resident Evil 2 NTSC box art is better than PAL as well in my opinion.

#15 Posted by joey (984 posts) -

this ones the best

#16 Posted by Icemael (6322 posts) -
ReTarDedFisHy said:
"(ReTarDedFisHy thinks that if the background was a different color, then it would be truly badass. The red burns his eyes)"
The Wii version has white background.

#17 Posted by rexualhealing (255 posts) -

I like the European Wii one the best. Kind of looks like it should be a Criterion Collection DVD cover, except the logo would need to be more minimalist.

#18 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

The PAL Wii Cover is the best by far, and the best version of the game in general.

Good thing it's got a spot on my shelf. :D

#19 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

The PAL Wii cover is absolutely my favourite. I love it. It's posted above by someone else ^^

#20 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

PAL Wii Cover is my favorite, but I don't find any of them to be that spectacular. I do agree with the NTSC covers always having the protagonist on the cover. Nothing original.

#21 Posted by PercyChuggs (1087 posts) -

I like the games inside the packaging. Call me crazy.

#22 Posted by Icemael (6322 posts) -

But can you line up the games in the packaging on a shelf and make it look good? Can you caress the games in the packaging without scratching or getting filth on the disc? Can you? Can you?

#23 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

That PAL Wii version is crazy. I love it. The original PS2 PAL version is also great. I have to agree with Demilich that the PAL versions always get the better box-art, from the examples he gave at least.

#24 Posted by Neorub (163 posts) -

Know what? i kinda wish the RE5 box cover would come in a similar fashion 

#25 Posted by Tom_H (53 posts) -

I liked the PAL Gamecube box art. Maybe because it's the only version of the game that I own. However, the Wii version (PAL) looks pretty awesome, the white background looks better than the red one that's on the PS2 version.

#26 Edited by MattyFTM (14387 posts) -

Most Japanese and European box arts are better then their US counterparts. US boxes always have have something actiony going on, but I find a slightly more minimalist approach looks so much nicer for a box art.

#27 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

Yeah that box art is pretty awful.  I prefer the PS2 and Wii Edition box art.  I have to say though, the Resident Evil 5 box art is pretty kickass, though I think it should have had Wesker on it.

#28 Posted by Soap (3592 posts) -

PAL covers are always the best, usually because they aren't so fucking obvious like the NTSC ones.

#29 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
Soap said:
"PAL covers are always the best, usually because they aren't so fucking obvious like the NTSC ones. "
yup.

#30 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Demilich said:
"PAL boxart is usually fuckwin. NTSC is always the main character holding a gun or sword.

"

Obligatory.

#31 Posted by Marzy (675 posts) -

PAL covers generally look better, in my opinion. A lot of the time they look more artistic, instead of CGI models of the main characters plastered on the front.

#32 Posted by mracoon (4971 posts) -

Yeah I usually prefer PAL covers

#33 Posted by MattyFTM (14387 posts) -
atejas said:
"Demilich said:

"

Obligatory.
"
And compare that to the very arty and really cool PAL/Japanese box arts:

#34 Edited by badmanelite (13 posts) -

Prefer the PAL versions of Resident Evil 2/4 especially 2. The NTSC U versions look too generic imo, although I am used to the PAL versions always loved the Resi 2 case. Ico has gotta be my favourite PS2 artwork, i'd hate to own the NTSC version looks terrible.

#35 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

In this topic: Different opinions on different covers and asshats not understanding others.

#36 Edited by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -
PAL...
NTSC

Not always the case.

#37 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

@JoyfullOFrockets said:

PAL...

Ahahahahahahaha. I'm still not sure how that was accepted.

#38 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@joey

Now that's the best coverart for RE4.

#39 Posted by CptBedlam (4452 posts) -

@joey said:

this ones the best

Agreed

#40 Posted by MarximusPrime (33 posts) -

Am I the only one that thinks the little tick on the end of the 4 is a comma?

#41 Posted by BirthWild (259 posts) -

the "4" looks bad on all of the RE boxes.

a little less with the NTSC ps2.

#42 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5268 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@joey said:

this ones the best

Agreed

#43 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5268 posts) -

@Demilich said:

I think both of them are pretty good. The PAL one I like because of the MGS4 art style and the NTSC one because it isn't cluttered.

#44 Posted by MatPaget (1115 posts) -

@Arkthemaniac said:

The Wii version's boxart is funny. It kinda looks like he's crapping his pants.
The warm stew oozes down his seams . . . that was uncalled for.

Everyone is like, "Oh my god, did he just try and tell a joke? It was awful! Let's get him!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.