Full 1000 achievements, but no Platinum Trophy.

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

For those of you that care, Resident Evil 4 has 1000 points worth of achievements for the 360, but on the PS3 side it has the same achievements, but no platinum.

I saw a bunch of people really angry about this and some people are getting the 360 version over the PS3 version because of this, those people are jerks.

#2 Posted by Vextroid (1417 posts) -

RE4 is Downloadable title right?

PSN downloadable titles NEVER had Platinum trophies.

But also if it is download for XBLA how come it gets 1000GS? I'm guessing game length factors in the decision of giving it the retail rules, or maybe because its retail in other places (Japan)?

#3 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

@Vextroid: Trine does, and I believe Dead Nation does too.

#4 Edited by MarxMygdala (45 posts) -

Most big PSN games do have platinums. Others don't.

Like, Dead Nation, Wipeout HD, CoD1 all do.

Who knows what the rationale behind not giving platinums for certain games is. Probably some Japanese marketing voodoo.

How you can muster up the will to care about this shit is beyond me, though.

#5 Posted by Cincaid (2958 posts) -

@Vextroid: It's certainly a strange release, and I can't say I've ever seen a downloadable title having 1000gs before. Although I think this is on Games on Demand, and not Arcade, so it could be that.

#6 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Cincaid: But it was never on the Xbox right, so how can it be a GOD game?

#7 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

@Hizang said:

For those of you that care, Resident Evil 4 has 1000 points worth of achievements for the 360, but on the PS3 side it has the same achievements, but no platinum.

I saw a bunch of people really angry about this and some people are getting the 360 version over the PS3 version because of this, those people are jerks.

Flower did it for me.

As long as you can see that you have completed all the necessary goals I don't really see the problem. The PSN scale for measuring trophies is all sorts of weird anyway, the fact that it can't be tracked like achievements is proof of this. There is no real standard is there? Well, apart from the platinum. I don't think the worth of trophies scale comparatively from game to game, as much I has been mentioned on the Bombcast once or twice when they tried to implements a tracker for it.

#8 Posted by Cincaid (2958 posts) -

@Hizang: As I said; it's certainly a strange release. :)

#9 Posted by Marokai (3060 posts) -

Code Veronica X HD similarly has a full thousand. Justifies the 20 dollars of it a bit more, I guess.

#10 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

It only has 12 achievements, which sum up to 1000, but on PS3 it only has 9 bronze, 2 silver and 1 gold, the equivalent of a normal $10 game. Someone somewhere couldn't figure out how to handle that stuff in this game.

#11 Posted by BasketSnake (1233 posts) -

I've played resident evil 1 2 3 and 5, all when they were released. I'm preparing for what I hear is the best one.

#12 Posted by Devil240Z (3396 posts) -

@Vextroid said:

RE4 is Downloadable title right?

PSN downloadable titles NEVER had Platinum trophies.

But also if it is download for XBLA how come it gets 1000GS? I'm guessing game length factors in the decision of giving it the retail rules, or maybe because its retail in other places (Japan)?

You're wrong. Socom had a platinum. Plenty of other Downloadable games have platinums.

@WatanabeKazuma: Thats not why they aren't trackable. Its because sony wont let anyone track them.

#13 Posted by Vinny_Says (5719 posts) -

xbox360 remakes of old titles have 1000 points? When has this happened before?

#14 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -

Also the PS3 version is $10 while the 360 version is $20. You get what you pay for I guess....

#15 Posted by DryvBy (249 posts) -

Where did you hear the PSN version is $10?

#16 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

While I am disappointed I am still buying it. $10 for RE4 due to the PS Plus discount is too good a deal to pass up. I'll still get all the trophies as well.

#17 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -

@DryvBy said:

The PS Blog

#18 Posted by President_Evil (185 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Cincaid: But it was never on the Xbox right, so how can it be a GOD game?

Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica were released together in Japan on two discs as the Resident Evil "Revival Selection" package. They're being broken up and distributed digitally elsewhere. RE4 and CVX will both have 1000G.

#19 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

It has 1000g because it was released on disc in Japan and on Games on Demand here. Don't really care that it doesn't have a platinum trophy since there's only a handful of trophies anyway and I think you need a certain number to be able to justify a platinum. Dead Nation and Wipeout come to mind, and they both have a ton of trophies.

#20 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@DryvBy said:

The PS Blog

That's only for PS+ members, it's $20 for everyone else.

#21 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11297 posts) -

If it's a PSN version of a game that was a disc game, it has a platinum.

Also, does it really matter? THE ANSWER IS NO! At least not so long as Sony doesn't let Giant Bomb get Trophy data.

#22 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Sucks breh, but the benefit is you're not paying full price for the game. Just enjoy it mate that's all that matters.

#23 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3222 posts) -

MICROSOFT PAID DEM

#24 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

@Devil240Z said:

@WatanabeKazuma: Thats not why they aren't trackable. Its because sony wont let anyone track them.

I can track them using different apps in my android.

It is just that in GB are scared of Sony, and dont want to make Sony angry.

#25 Edited by Spoonman671 (4694 posts) -

I'm guessing that these games don't have platinums because there are so few total trophies that even if they were all gold, it would add up to the same behind-the-scenes value that all retail games add up to.

EDIT:  But that doesn't mean it isn't complete bullshit.  I definitely would have replayed Resident Evil 4 if it meant I could get another platinum out of it.  Without that, I just don't see an HD version of a game I've already beaten a dozen times being worth $20 to me.  Especially since some of those trophies look kind of hard/time consuming.

#26 Posted by Creamypies (4075 posts) -

It's half price for us PS+ users, so I'll stick to the PSN version. Seems really odd for either of these games to have the full 1000G though. Beyond Good & Evil HD was a remake of an old game, but that never got the same treatment. Even if it is a collection package in Japan, that would still mean that the two games would have to share the 1000G between them.

#27 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Do we really care if a game has a platinum trophy or not?

#28 Edited by Quipido (641 posts) -

In my region, I bought it for an equivalent of 16USD, on xbox - weird, as stuff is mostly more expensive in Europe (I am looking at you, Steam).

EDIT: Also I can confirm there is 1000G to get, but distributed to only 12 achievements. It's a weird hybrid between XBLA release and boxed (on demand) product. Still plays well though.

#29 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

Especially since some of those trophies look kind of hard/time consuming.

Only like... 2 of them seem mildly difficult. The rest can be earned on your first playthrough.

#30 Posted by BBQBram (2258 posts) -

The reason it's got a 1000Gs worth of points is because it's a Games on Demand title, not an XBLA one.

#31 Posted by spiceninja (3063 posts) -

Most of the trophies are bronze as well. Eff that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.