Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

(Gaming Days x 30)^1337: Day 29: Game thought you wouldn't like

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By 1337W422102

"Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
    I bought Kane & Lynch: Dead Men from a bargain bin, and as flawed as it is, I really enjoyed it.  The story and characters drew me into it, as arguably bad as they might be.  Really enjoying its sequel, too.

Also, Resident Evil 4.  Bought it in a bargain bin for $5, and shit, did they botch the PC version.  I know my friends liked it when it came out for the 'Cube, but to me, it just seemed like "LOL IM KILLAN ZOMBEES LOOOOL" bullshit.  So I reluctantly installed it, put up with the terrible control scheme (good thing the mod community solved that problem), and really had a good time, despite the shit story, writing, acting, button-mashing cutscenes, lack of anything remotely scary, etc.  Lots of gameplay, some decent replay value, plenty of fun.

I'LL BUY IT AT A HIGH PRICE
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By 1337W422102

"Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn’t like, but ended up loving.
    I bought Kane & Lynch: Dead Men from a bargain bin, and as flawed as it is, I really enjoyed it.  The story and characters drew me into it, as arguably bad as they might be.  Really enjoying its sequel, too.

Also, Resident Evil 4.  Bought it in a bargain bin for $5, and shit, did they botch the PC version.  I know my friends liked it when it came out for the 'Cube, but to me, it just seemed like "LOL IM KILLAN ZOMBEES LOOOOL" bullshit.  So I reluctantly installed it, put up with the terrible control scheme (good thing the mod community solved that problem), and really had a good time, despite the shit story, writing, acting, button-mashing cutscenes, lack of anything remotely scary, etc.  Lots of gameplay, some decent replay value, plenty of fun.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mutha3
    @1337W422102 said:

despite the shit story, writing, acting

"

"Saddler....you're small time!"
    "You're right hand comes off?"
    "MIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEE"
    *canine-like animal distracts giant troll boss for a couple of seconds and then howls into the night with the moon behind him*
    "hey.....its that dog!"

RE4 is high art.
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 1337W422102
    @mutha3 said:
    " @1337W422102 said:

despite the shit story, writing, acting

"

"Saddler....you're small time!" "You're right hand comes off?" "MIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEE" *canine-like animal distracts giant troll boss for a couple of seconds and then howls into the night with the moon behind him* "hey.....its that dog!"  RE4 is high art. "
    "You may be able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inevitable death!"
    That shit moved me, man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.