No surround sound? RE4 HD

#1 Posted by CelShader (62 posts) -

Am I missing something? There appears to be no surround support in RE4 HD on Xbox 360... Forgot how much echo-location of enemies can help out.

#2 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

No surround on the PS3 version either. I was pretty bummed to see that.

#3 Posted by BadNews (504 posts) -

yeah even if they are 50 feet away from you you can still hear them like if they were whispering in your ear

#4 Posted by CannonGoose (372 posts) -

Even the Gamecube version has a 'Surround' option in the Audio menu.

#5 Posted by bob101910 (2 posts) -

The first time that I got surround sound speakers was about the same time as Resident Evil 4 came out on Gamecube. RE4 was the 1st game I had ever played with surround sound.

So last weekend I got a new set of surround sound speakers, so decided to get Xbox version of RE4. Very disappointing to see (or hear) it doesn't have surround sound :(

#6 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

That is horrible.

#7 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

Well that's just plain strange.

#8 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

The Gamecube version didn't have true surround sound to begin with, it had Pro Logic, not 5.1/7.1, I'd find it very odd if the PS3/360 versions don't have that.

#9 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Capcom quality.

#10 Posted by NTM (7320 posts) -

@bob101910 said:

The first time that I got surround sound speakers was about the same time as Resident Evil 4 came out on Gamecube. RE4 was the 1st game I had ever played with surround sound.

So last weekend I got a new set of surround sound speakers, so decided to get Xbox version of RE4. Very disappointing to see (or hear) it doesn't have surround sound :(

RE4 on Gamecube, PS2, and Wii only had Dolby Pro Logic II, it didn't have real surround sound, like Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. What I'm wondering here is, does it only still run in Pro Logic II, or did it get re-done to play in 5.1? The fact that it would run only in Pro Logic turns me off, and has all this time. I can't go back to that.

#11 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Wow..really? I was about to buy this but I guess I'll pass then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.