Should I buy the Wii version or 360 version?

#1 Edited by Cubidog1 (246 posts) -

I heard you have to aim with the left stick in the HD version, which sounds horrible to me. Would the Wii control any better?

#2 Posted by Carlsen (34 posts) -

The Wii version controls are awesome. My favorite version by far.

#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

Both versions of the game are fine. I would just get it for the platform you play most.

#4 Posted by kindone (2833 posts) -

Depends on the system you like more...they both control well, it's all a matter of preference.

#5 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

Easilt the Wii version is the best version. It plays like a dream.

#6 Posted by believer258 (12204 posts) -

The Xbox version is in HD and the Wii has motion controls.

I hate motion controls.

As for left stick aiming, it sounds like shit but I got used to it fairly well and there's an alternate control scheme that puts aiming on the right stick, where it is in RE5. So, yeah, unless you're yearning to shoot not-zombies with the Wii mote then the Xbox version is the best way to go.

#7 Posted by hwy_61 (943 posts) -

GAMECUBE VERSION YO!!!

Wii for sure.

#8 Posted by oldjack327 (134 posts) -

I think both are good. I like the Wii version a bit more because it not only has the motion controls (which I actually think were handled exceptionally well), but it also has the original Gamecube controls if you plug in an old Gamecube controller. Really, though, I don't think you'll regret buying the Xbox version if you find that you just prefer playin games on that platform.

#9 Posted by Cubidog1 (246 posts) -

I think I'll get the Wii version, and if I don't like it I can return it(which I can't do with the xbox version). Thanks for the help.

#10 Posted by spiceninja (3070 posts) -

You people are forgetting that the Wii version isn't HD and looks awful on an HDTV even with component input. The 360 version has everything the WIi version has but is HD and looks much better. And I don't see a problem with using left stick to aim.

#11 Posted by Driadon (3029 posts) -

Plays the best on Wii, looks the best on 360. Make your choice.

#12 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

Gameplay > graphics imo. I'd go with Wii.

#13 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

The motion controls screw with the game's balance. If you want to play the game as intended get any version but that one.

#14 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

360 version = Achievements, HD.

Wii version = Motion controls.

@believer258: How do you look around then or turn, if your only using the left stick?

#15 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

@TentPole said:

The motion controls screw with the game's balance. If you want to play the game as intended get any version but that one.

This is true. Yes, the Wii version controls very well, easily one of the best 3rd party uses of the Wii's controls, but the game wasn't built to be played this way, and it does change the experience quite a bit from the GC and PS2 versions (the other two that I've played; can't comment on the Xbox version).

The intensity and challenge of shooting your way out of a swarm are what really make this game, and that's diluted a bit on the Wii. If you have a Gamecube controller, I'd also recommend trying it that way. Still, it'll be a great experience any way you cut it.

#16 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

@hwy_61 said:

GAMECUBE VERSION YO!!!

Wii for sure.

WII VERSION FO SHO

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.