Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

Those two garradors terrify me so much!

Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skullo

I knew I should've picked up the Rocket Launcher when I had the chance. But I didn't.

How do you beat them? I know you can wound them by shooting them in the back causing the parasite to come out. But man, two of those damn claw things? Those things suck so hard. I heard you have to walk around and shoot them? But that's asking me not to panic while I'm in the same room as two fucking garradors. Not gonna happen.

What's the best method of defeating them?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

You know they're blind and sense you mainly by sound, right? So when there's a straight path between you and them, fire a pistol and get out of the way. Then fire a rifle or shotgun into their backs. Repeat. 

Don't run if you don't want their attention. They may occasionally start flailing randomly if they haven't heard you for a while, but if you walk they won't charge you until you aggravate them. Their attack patterns, like most of RE4's monsters, are actually quite simple when you get used to them.

Also, don't go past the stairs. That will spawn more dudes, and you don't want to fight garradors and dudes at the same time.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

You just made things hella harder than they should be by passing up that rocket launcher. Your best bet now is to continue running around and try to kill them one a time. Use the bells to make them run at the wall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1e236944295
    deactivated-5a1e236944295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I know exact room you're talking about.  It's a total bitch.  I don't remember being able to beat them until l got an rpg.  I think that's one of those lame instances where you have to either have the exact weapon for the job, or be extremely lucky.  If you have a magnum, that'd also do the job.  From what I remember, grenades don't really do enough to those guys

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By guiseppe

Nothing will happen unless you move once you start in that room. So what I will usually do if I'm not using an insanely overpowered weapon is to use a gun that I've got plenty of ammo for to shoot one of the little bells, which will turn the Garradors around. When they do, I take out my sniper rifle and go to town on their backmounted Las Plagas. This can be repeated until they're both dead, but it is far easier to do that to one of them, and then simply lure the other towards you, make him charge and get stuck in the wall and then blast his back to all hell. Or you can do whatever you want, just remember that shooting the bells will draw their attention, and that when they charge at you towards a wall, they will get stuck for a few seconds. Hope this helps.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Bigandtasty said:
    " You know they're blind and sense you mainly by sound, right? So when there's a straight path between you and them, fire a pistol and get out of the way. Then fire a rifle or shotgun into their backs. Repeat.  Also, don't go past the stairs. That will spawn more dudes, and you don't want to fight garradors and dudes at the same time. "
    Do this. To be fair though, this part and the water room were probably the hardest parts on Professional.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By jacksukeru

The regenerators where the only enemies that scared me in that game, they're so creepy. And the spiked ones, in that dark lab. brrrrrr.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scooper
    @RockmanBionics said:
    " The regenerators where the only enemies that scared me in that game, they're so creepy. And the spiked ones, in that dark lab. brrrrrr. "
    Same here. Those things are actualy damn scary.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By guiseppe

I would suggest that the topic starter not click the link below if it 's your first time playing through the game. 

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By icicle7x3

Be a man and knife those sons of bitches!

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By jacksukeru
    @guiseppe said:
    " I would suggest that the topic starter not click the link below if it 's your first time playing through the game. 

"
    My favorite scary part, from what I can remember was 

That game was seriously good, I need to replay it sometime.
    Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skullo

Thanks, guys.

Satori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Satori

Ridiculously atmospheric game. Replaying it as I type as I have a hankering.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Oh man I miss this game!!

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jozzy

I did this part yesterday and it's definately a challenge. I got past it by running around and killing all the extra dudes first - got to keep moving though. Then walk around so you do not alert them and watch their patterns. Then it's easy to get them to expose their backs and hit them with a decent weapon like the semi auto. Don't waste the RPG on these guys. Use the bells if you can but somehow they got destroyed really quickly,maybe they charged it?  

EDIT: had never played this game before and I must say all the praise was justified, it's is awesome.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By Icemael

Seeing this thread makes me feel like popping the game in for a fourth playthrough.

One of the best games of all time, no doubt.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

You're in the same room where you can shoot the bells aren't you? That game is so memorable. That game isn't scary, but it was definitely more intense with a friend when I played it back on its release of 05 on that exact part. My mom told me to turn the game of because we were so loud. I have that game on all systems except for PC and I probably won't be getting it on either PS3 or 360 since I have it everything else. Oh, and really? You're having a hard time? Boooooo. Ha ha ha. I have to take a shit.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By TheGreatGuero

@Icemael said:

Seeing this thread makes me feel like popping the game in for a fourth playthrough.One of the best games of all time, no doubt.

You said it, dude. I think I'm going to have to start my third playthrough. I think RE4 easily ranks among the top 3 games of last gen, and one of the best of all time.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MiniPato

I actually just started replaying Resident Evil 4 on my PS2 a couple days ago. This game is nearly perfect in every way, minus the quick time events. The enemy types, the enemy behavior, the puzzles, all accommodate the gameplay style so well. There's a reason to carry every type of gun. A pistol for medium to long range, a shotgun for giving you breathing room by knocking back hordes of enemies, a sniper rifle for quick long distance kills, and maybe a magnum for the occasional bosses and miniboss like the garradors. Just something about the game that it does so right that I felt RE5 was missing. The level design, placement of item boxes, the number of enemies, the merchant/upgrade mechanic, the gunplay, everything is just great. The forced AI partner is probably what detracted the most from RE5, but I felt there was something else that was missing that it didn't feel as tight an experience as RE4.

Anyways, I just recently played this part and I found that, trying to walk slowly without making a noise is harder than just running around.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I know that I shouldn't waste money on this game since I have completed it about 20 times..... but the urge to get it is hard to resist.

Getting killed by a garrador for the first time was awesome. 

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nekroskop

First off kill any monks/ganados in the area. Then you just walk, don't run, around the garradors and shoot them in the back with a handgun. This will trigger an animation that you can exploit by shooting it again and again until it's dead.(you just need timing and a good aim) If they charge for you, just walk backwards away from them.

Should be easy enough once you get all the normal enemies out of the way.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By fenixrevolution

Just walk the entire area and you'll be fine, not too hard, the worst is 2 of them in one room, but still not bad. And as has been said, regenerators are absolutely unnerving.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By napalm

I'm pretty sure every section of Resident Evil 4 is memorable. From the first time you enter the village, attempting to barricade the doors, to you being trapped in a cell when a garrador drops down in the mansion, to the regenerators near the end... every part of the game is awesome, scary, unnerving and completely awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.