Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

Where did all the snakes go?

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Genkkaku

So I've started replaying through the HD version since picking it up yesterday at 50% off but all the snakes are gone? I remember when I originally played it through on the GC, every time I would open a box I'd forget to swipe twice incase of snakes and lost health to them, every. single. time.. So I just finished of the village part and then realized not one snake has attacked me..

DId they take it out of the PS2 version did they lose them in the HD version? It was one of the first lesson's I learnt in RE4, don't rush into anything, there's even snake's hidden in the boxes..

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

Yeah I noticed a strange lacking of snakes too but I could have sworn I had one leap out of a box once. That could just be the multiple playthroughs blending all together in my head so I'm not entirely sure.

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wesker411

Blasphemy!

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

Where have all the cowboys gone?

Random song reference aside, I just played through on 360 and did not see a difference. I still found snakes, and they still bit me because I am ultra-bad with hitting them with the knife. Knifing bosses? Sure. Snakes? Pain in the ass.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BisonHero
    @Genkkaku There should have been a fair amount of snakes on that part in the village where you're on a bunch of wooden docks over shallow water and there are a bunch of explosive tripwires everywhere. But yeah, snakes are fairly common in both the village and castle, or they should be.
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Genkkaku

@BisonHero: I'll have to see when I get up to that bit, but I have been finding empty boxes everywhere so I have to assume those are the snake boxes and it's just a wierd bug maybe..

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Bigandtasty

Here are some definitive snake locations I remember, because I remember things like this:

1-3: the shack along the wooden bridge outside the church; one of the boxes has a snake

3-1: right when entering the castle, one of the boxes in a rear corner outside the house with the merchant

4-4: near the very end; one of the barrels on the ground before the elevator leading to the merchant and the boat ride

If none of those are present I don't know what it could be.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Genkkaku

@Bigandtasty: I'll have to keep an eye out I just always remembered hitting my first snake in the stretch before the big village encounter..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.