Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

You should buy RE4 for 800MP.

• 63 results
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Phatmac

RE4 is on sale for 800 Microsoft Points right now on the 360. A ton of other games are on sale for shocktober. So yeah, go buy RE4 for $10.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Fearbeard

Was planning on buying anyways. Now that it's on sale I'll definitely pick it up

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

yes

yesyesyesyesyes

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Genkkaku

This solves all my problems!

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HelicopterSpy

I already did that, you jerk!

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JunkHype

I absolutely did! Love me some RE4!

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By supermonkey122

Fuck. I just got it for $20 on PSN a week ago!

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morningstar

But I already own it.......

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By WightnNerdy

EVERYONE BUY THIS GAME

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

For a measley $10! Do it you foools!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By awesomeusername

No.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

I only have 340 points. D=

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dagbiker

Is this for gold only? because I dont feel like giving Microsoft my CC info.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Phatmac

@Dagbiker said:

Nope! You don't need gold.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dagbiker

@Phatmac said:

@Dagbiker said:

Nope! You don't need gold.

Cool, Thanks.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

Alan Wake is still $30? Geeze.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I already own it on other systems but never played it on 360. Hmmm.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Okay, I will.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#19  Edited By pyromagnestir

I don't buy bad games.

Shit I already own a copy of RE4 so that's obviously not true. And it's not a bad game but I don't like it.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Kerned

@awesomeusername said:

No.

Thank you. I thought it was overrated when it was released, and I tried to play it recently and it holds up very poorly. The controls and general "feel" of the game just don't work for me.

I realize that many people disagree with my opinion, and I say none of this with any disrespect for those people or their opinons. :)

church069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By church069

Perfect! Had 800 points on my account already. I knew at some point RE4 would go on sale.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By moffattron9000

Microsoft New Zealand is selling it for 910 space bucks. Guess it's what get for having nice beaches.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

You should buy AC : Brotherhood for 5 bucks@Kerned said:

@awesomeusername said:

No.

Thank you. I thought it was overrated when it was released, and I tried to play it recently and it holds up very poorly. The controls and general "feel" of the game just don't work for me.

I realize that many people disagree with my opinion, and I say none of this with any disrespect for those people or their opinons. :)

If everyone rates it high it is not over rated. If it averages 2\10 and one guy gives it a 10\10 then that guy over rated it.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kerned

@Bourbon_Warrior: Duder, I think you are misunderstanding what is commonly meant by that word. At very least you are misunderstanding what I mean by it. Saying something is "overrated" is always a statement of opinion. I'm just saying that I think the prevailing opinion of RE4 is too positive. It's just my opinion and I know many, many people disagree (I would be willing to say that most people disagree).

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By BoOzak

@Kerned said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: Duder, I think you are misunderstanding what is commonly meant by that word. At very least you are misunderstanding what I mean by it. Saying something is "overrated" is always a statement of opinion. I'm just saying that I think the prevailing opinion of RE4 is too positive. It's just my opinion and I know many, many people disagree (I would be willing to say that most people disagree).

Care to explain why? I'm no fanboy i'm just kind of curious why some people dont like the game. (everybody I know likes it, and Jeff's reasons seem to be he sucks at it)

Anyway I already own 3 copies of the game (Gamecube, PC, Wii) and I have to say if you want the best looking version of the game there are some mods for the PC version that make it look great. My favourite version is still the Wii edition though. I was a skeptic at first but once you get used to the controls the game feels much more satisfying than it did with a regular controller.

But if you cant be arsed to mod it or if you hate/dont own a Wii, buy it!

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kerned

@BoOzak: I played it for the first time on the Gamecube, and I got stuck at some point. Not enough ammo, too many dudes to kill. I never finished it. If you want to say that means I suck at it, I probably wouldn't fight you too hard.

Many of my friends love it too, which is why I tried to replay it recently on PSN. I lasted about 30 minutes. This time it was 100% problems with the controls. Too many years have past for that game's particular brand of camera control, movement and combat. It's just not for me.

I think playing it with a Wii controller sounds less-than-ideal, but I am always open to trying something new. I guess if I hate how it plays with a controller, how much worse could it be? :)

I want to really emphasize that I am well aware that I am in the minority on this, and I have no doubt that there is a good game in there somewhere. I have just never been able to find it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#27  Edited By Yummylee

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Just an FYI, but it's not an exceptional port. There's nothing added besides achievements/trophies, and Separate Ways for whatever reason plays the cutscenes in their original compressed form and when you wear Leon's gangster outfit, it doesn't show up in the cutscenes =( Plus the frame-rate dips slightly on some occasions. Probably not enough to be noticeable for most, but I picked up on it and considering how old this game is, any sort of framerate hiccups is kinda ludicrous.

It's perfectly functional and all, but compared to some of the other HD ports out there, RE4 isn't a particularly stand-out example of how great they can turn out. The only reason for getting the HD version of RE4 will primarily be for conveniences sake so you don't have to set up another console. Also easy points, if you're into that sorta thing.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Genkkaku

Yep. bought it / installed it / played it.. This is a HD RE4

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I have the original GC copy..but then I've been wanting to play it recently and wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the 30$ or dig out my GC and this solved it

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By awesomeusername

@Kerned: I never even played it. :P I've only played RE2 and RE5. I liked them but I don't support Capcom because I feel like they aren't a company I want to support. I vote with my money!

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kerned

@awesomeusername: I liked RE5 pretty well, but didn't love it.

By the way, your user icon makes me sad because I am so worried about Clementine. Ahhhhh!

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Just an FYI, but it's not an exceptional port. There's nothing added besides achievements/trophies, and Separate Ways for whatever reason plays the cutscenes in their original compressed form and when you wear Leon's gangster outfit, it doesn't show up in the cutscenes =( Plus the frame-rate dips slightly on some occasions. Probably not enough to be noticeable for most, but I picked up on it and considering how old this game is, any sort of framerate hiccups is kinda ludicrous.

It's perfectly functional and all, but compared to some of the other HD ports out there, RE4 isn't a particularly stand-out example of how great they can turn out. The only reason for getting the HD version of RE4 will primarily be for conveniences sake so you don't have to set up another console. Also easy points, if you're into that sorta thing.

I'm pretty sure it's a HD port of the PS2 version.. So that would explain that

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By awesomeusername

@Kerned: I liked it too but eh. I'm not an RE fan so I could care less about the franchise, which just destroyed everything it built with RE6. Yuck.

Also, Clementine will live! It's obvious!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#33  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I figured as much. And it only furthers my point that the bare minimum of effort was given unto this RE4 port sadly enough, and it deserved better. The least they could have done is allowed you to wear Leon's jacket across the whole game... I really liked Leon's jacket.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Well I already own (and have finished) on gamecube, ps2 and Wii so obviously I gotta get this one too.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#35  Edited By gla55jAw

Good call. I passed on it for that price on PS+ when it came out because I wanted to play it with a 360 controller.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kerned

@awesomeusername: It's not her living I'm worried about, it's the, um, other situation. But that's a discussion for another thread.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BoOzak

@Kerned: Thanks, I always get kind of irritated when people dont give reasons for disliking something. I realise going in depth about everything you say on the internet can be quite time consuming so I appreciate the response ;p

There are flaws with the game, namely the fact that it declines in quality the further you get. (a lot of games are like that) But something that introduces so many new concepts and is as polished as RE4 was deserves a fair amount of praise. (in my opinion)

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Bigandtasty

YES! Been waiting a long time -- thankfully for me this deal doesn't require gold.

Thanksf or the heads up

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BoOzak

@Yummylee: There's a mod for that in the pc version, if you didnt already know ;p

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee said:

@Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I figured as much. And it only furthers my point that the bare minimum of effort was given unto this RE4 port sadly enough, and it deserved better. The least they could have done is allowed you to wear Leon's jacket across the whole game... I really liked Leon's jacket.

It's kind of a bummer that they didn't do the full work.. Like I dunno grabbing the PC version and converting that.. Sometimes I do wish that they actually did some work of these HD Re-issues by adding in new stuff rather then the 'Oh now it's 'H.D."' When it's not really true HD and it's practically just a playable version on the new consoles..

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By YOU_DIED

what are yeh buyin?

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By supamon

Buy buy buy!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ripelivejam

@awesomeusername come to thread about RE4, get spoilers for Walking Dead. thanks.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By awesomeusername

@ripelivejam: Nothing happened. I'm just saying they will NOT kill Clementine. Because it's the last episode and everyone's paranoid about it. I'm sure (hope) they don't.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cloudenvy

But I promised myself that I wouldn't buy more stuff this month! Especially with the calamity that is next month.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I bought this even though I owned the ps2 and nintendo wii version of this game. Then I realized its still fuckin Resident Evil 4 and I'm out 10 dollars. I could of bought a sub with that money! *sigh*

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By metalmoog

I loved it on PS2 and played it a lot. Happy to see it's cheap on XBL so I can play it again on the 360. Picked it up tonight when I saw the sale. Hopefully Fire Pro Returns gets a 360 port one day :(

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By frankfartmouth

I already own the goddamn thing

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BoOzak

@Genkkaku said:

It's kind of a bummer that they didn't do the full work.. Like I dunno grabbing the PC version and converting that.. Sometimes I do wish that they actually did some work of these HD Re-issues by adding in new stuff rather then the 'Oh now it's 'H.D."' When it's not really true HD and it's practically just a playable version on the new consoles..

The PC version was also a sloppy port of the PS2 version but it was modded so heavily that it ended up looking better than the Gamecube & Wii versions. The only downside is that the cutscenes still werent rendered in-engine like the GC & Wii. Although you can replace the default low res cutscenes with higher res ones it still doesnt look as good.

EDIT: I meant they were pre-rendered in-engine cutscenes if that makes any sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.