You should buy RE4 for 800MP.

• 63 results
#1 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

RE4 is on sale for 800 Microsoft Points right now on the 360. A ton of other games are on sale for shocktober. So yeah, go buy RE4 for $10.

#2 Posted by Fearbeard (824 posts) -

Was planning on buying anyways. Now that it's on sale I'll definitely pick it up

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

yes

yesyesyesyesyes

#4 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

This solves all my problems!

#5 Posted by HelicopterSpy (129 posts) -

I already did that, you jerk!

#6 Posted by vorpalparasite (274 posts) -

I absolutely did! Love me some RE4!

#7 Posted by supermonkey122 (811 posts) -

Fuck. I just got it for $20 on PSN a week ago!

#8 Posted by Morningstar (2141 posts) -

But I already own it.......

#9 Posted by Bulby33 (549 posts) -

EVERYONE BUY THIS GAME

#10 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

For a measley $10! Do it you foools!

#11 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

No.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

I only have 340 points. D=

#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Is this for gold only? because I dont feel like giving Microsoft my CC info.

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Nope! You don't need gold.

#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

@Dagbiker said:

Nope! You don't need gold.

Cool, Thanks.

#16 Posted by MstrMnyBgs (123 posts) -

Alan Wake is still $30? Geeze.

#17 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I already own it on other systems but never played it on 360. Hmmm.

#18 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

Okay, I will.

#19 Posted by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

I don't buy bad games.

Shit I already own a copy of RE4 so that's obviously not true. And it's not a bad game but I don't like it.

#20 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

No.

Thank you. I thought it was overrated when it was released, and I tried to play it recently and it holds up very poorly. The controls and general "feel" of the game just don't work for me.

I realize that many people disagree with my opinion, and I say none of this with any disrespect for those people or their opinons. :)

#21 Posted by Church069 (250 posts) -

Perfect! Had 800 points on my account already. I knew at some point RE4 would go on sale.

#22 Posted by moffattron9000 (351 posts) -

Microsoft New Zealand is selling it for 910 space bucks. Guess it's what get for having nice beaches.

#23 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

You should buy AC : Brotherhood for 5 bucks@Kerned said:

@awesomeusername said:

No.

Thank you. I thought it was overrated when it was released, and I tried to play it recently and it holds up very poorly. The controls and general "feel" of the game just don't work for me.

I realize that many people disagree with my opinion, and I say none of this with any disrespect for those people or their opinons. :)

If everyone rates it high it is not over rated. If it averages 2\10 and one guy gives it a 10\10 then that guy over rated it.

#24 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: Duder, I think you are misunderstanding what is commonly meant by that word. At very least you are misunderstanding what I mean by it. Saying something is "overrated" is always a statement of opinion. I'm just saying that I think the prevailing opinion of RE4 is too positive. It's just my opinion and I know many, many people disagree (I would be willing to say that most people disagree).

#25 Edited by BoOzak (881 posts) -

@Kerned said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: Duder, I think you are misunderstanding what is commonly meant by that word. At very least you are misunderstanding what I mean by it. Saying something is "overrated" is always a statement of opinion. I'm just saying that I think the prevailing opinion of RE4 is too positive. It's just my opinion and I know many, many people disagree (I would be willing to say that most people disagree).

Care to explain why? I'm no fanboy i'm just kind of curious why some people dont like the game. (everybody I know likes it, and Jeff's reasons seem to be he sucks at it)

Anyway I already own 3 copies of the game (Gamecube, PC, Wii) and I have to say if you want the best looking version of the game there are some mods for the PC version that make it look great. My favourite version is still the Wii edition though. I was a skeptic at first but once you get used to the controls the game feels much more satisfying than it did with a regular controller.

But if you cant be arsed to mod it or if you hate/dont own a Wii, buy it!

#26 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@BoOzak: I played it for the first time on the Gamecube, and I got stuck at some point. Not enough ammo, too many dudes to kill. I never finished it. If you want to say that means I suck at it, I probably wouldn't fight you too hard.

Many of my friends love it too, which is why I tried to replay it recently on PSN. I lasted about 30 minutes. This time it was 100% problems with the controls. Too many years have past for that game's particular brand of camera control, movement and combat. It's just not for me.

I think playing it with a Wii controller sounds less-than-ideal, but I am always open to trying something new. I guess if I hate how it plays with a controller, how much worse could it be? :)

I want to really emphasize that I am well aware that I am in the minority on this, and I have no doubt that there is a good game in there somewhere. I have just never been able to find it.

#27 Posted by Yummylee (21254 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Just an FYI, but it's not an exceptional port. There's nothing added besides achievements/trophies, and Separate Ways for whatever reason plays the cutscenes in their original compressed form and when you wear Leon's gangster outfit, it doesn't show up in the cutscenes =( Plus the frame-rate dips slightly on some occasions. Probably not enough to be noticeable for most, but I picked up on it and considering how old this game is, any sort of framerate hiccups is kinda ludicrous.

It's perfectly functional and all, but compared to some of the other HD ports out there, RE4 isn't a particularly stand-out example of how great they can turn out. The only reason for getting the HD version of RE4 will primarily be for conveniences sake so you don't have to set up another console. Also easy points, if you're into that sorta thing.

#28 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

Yep. bought it / installed it / played it.. This is a HD RE4

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I have the original GC copy..but then I've been wanting to play it recently and wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the 30$ or dig out my GC and this solved it

#29 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Kerned: I never even played it. :P I've only played RE2 and RE5. I liked them but I don't support Capcom because I feel like they aren't a company I want to support. I vote with my money!

#30 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@awesomeusername: I liked RE5 pretty well, but didn't love it.

By the way, your user icon makes me sad because I am so worried about Clementine. Ahhhhh!

#31 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Just an FYI, but it's not an exceptional port. There's nothing added besides achievements/trophies, and Separate Ways for whatever reason plays the cutscenes in their original compressed form and when you wear Leon's gangster outfit, it doesn't show up in the cutscenes =( Plus the frame-rate dips slightly on some occasions. Probably not enough to be noticeable for most, but I picked up on it and considering how old this game is, any sort of framerate hiccups is kinda ludicrous.

It's perfectly functional and all, but compared to some of the other HD ports out there, RE4 isn't a particularly stand-out example of how great they can turn out. The only reason for getting the HD version of RE4 will primarily be for conveniences sake so you don't have to set up another console. Also easy points, if you're into that sorta thing.

I'm pretty sure it's a HD port of the PS2 version.. So that would explain that

#32 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Kerned: I liked it too but eh. I'm not an RE fan so I could care less about the franchise, which just destroyed everything it built with RE6. Yuck.

Also, Clementine will live! It's obvious!

#33 Posted by Yummylee (21254 posts) -

@Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I figured as much. And it only furthers my point that the bare minimum of effort was given unto this RE4 port sadly enough, and it deserved better. The least they could have done is allowed you to wear Leon's jacket across the whole game... I really liked Leon's jacket.

#34 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2197 posts) -

Well I already own (and have finished) on gamecube, ps2 and Wii so obviously I gotta get this one too.

#35 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

Good call. I passed on it for that price on PS+ when it came out because I wanted to play it with a 360 controller.

#36 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@awesomeusername: It's not her living I'm worried about, it's the, um, other situation. But that's a discussion for another thread.

#37 Edited by BoOzak (881 posts) -

@Kerned: Thanks, I always get kind of irritated when people dont give reasons for disliking something. I realise going in depth about everything you say on the internet can be quite time consuming so I appreciate the response ;p

There are flaws with the game, namely the fact that it declines in quality the further you get. (a lot of games are like that) But something that introduces so many new concepts and is as polished as RE4 was deserves a fair amount of praise. (in my opinion)

#38 Edited by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

YES! Been waiting a long time -- thankfully for me this deal doesn't require gold.

Thanksf or the heads up

#39 Posted by BoOzak (881 posts) -

@Yummylee: There's a mod for that in the pc version, if you didnt already know ;p

#40 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I figured as much. And it only furthers my point that the bare minimum of effort was given unto this RE4 port sadly enough, and it deserved better. The least they could have done is allowed you to wear Leon's jacket across the whole game... I really liked Leon's jacket.

It's kind of a bummer that they didn't do the full work.. Like I dunno grabbing the PC version and converting that.. Sometimes I do wish that they actually did some work of these HD Re-issues by adding in new stuff rather then the 'Oh now it's 'H.D."' When it's not really true HD and it's practically just a playable version on the new consoles..

#41 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -

what are yeh buyin?

#42 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Buy buy buy!

#43 Posted by ripelivejam (3541 posts) -

@awesomeusername come to thread about RE4, get spoilers for Walking Dead. thanks.

#44 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@ripelivejam: Nothing happened. I'm just saying they will NOT kill Clementine. Because it's the last episode and everyone's paranoid about it. I'm sure (hope) they don't.

#45 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

But I promised myself that I wouldn't buy more stuff this month! Especially with the calamity that is next month.

#46 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3022 posts) -

I bought this even though I owned the ps2 and nintendo wii version of this game. Then I realized its still fuckin Resident Evil 4 and I'm out 10 dollars. I could of bought a sub with that money! *sigh*

#47 Posted by MetalMoog (907 posts) -

I loved it on PS2 and played it a lot. Happy to see it's cheap on XBL so I can play it again on the 360. Picked it up tonight when I saw the sale. Hopefully Fire Pro Returns gets a 360 port one day :(

#48 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

I already own the goddamn thing

#49 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

If you've never played this game you are dead to me.

#50 Edited by BoOzak (881 posts) -

@Genkkaku said:

It's kind of a bummer that they didn't do the full work.. Like I dunno grabbing the PC version and converting that.. Sometimes I do wish that they actually did some work of these HD Re-issues by adding in new stuff rather then the 'Oh now it's 'H.D."' When it's not really true HD and it's practically just a playable version on the new consoles..

The PC version was also a sloppy port of the PS2 version but it was modded so heavily that it ended up looking better than the Gamecube & Wii versions. The only downside is that the cutscenes still werent rendered in-engine like the GC & Wii. Although you can replace the default low res cutscenes with higher res ones it still doesnt look as good.

EDIT: I meant they were pre-rendered in-engine cutscenes if that makes any sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.