Anyone else think that...

#1 Posted by AzureSupernova (191 posts) -

Anyone else here think that the difficulty of this game was a joke? The transition from Amateur to Normal was less than significant, Veteran was hardly a challenge (except maybe Ndesu, but anyone with a competent partner will ace the ugly Santa Clause would be) and Professional was just plain CHEAP. They couldn't have made enemies significantly more resilient, no they just gave Chris and Sheva osteoporosis or something cause one hit from anything and they started to die.

Seriously, did the sheer easiness of this piss off anyone else?

#2 Posted by TwoLines (2843 posts) -

Dunno- played only on Vet and Pro- but I think Pro is still easy if you go with all the upgraded weapons.
But yeah- one hit one kill is pretty cheap.

#3 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Pro is easy with the right weapons (infinite launcher and SaW 5000) 

#4 Edited by m_rum (128 posts) -

Yeah but combined with the growing super-soldierness of your character while gathering new and upgraded equipment makes the game a super fun arcadey joyride with co-op partner for multiple playthroughs. And then you can always mix it up with crazy goals or speed running. Loving the option to complete chapters in whatever order you want. What a fun little game.

#5 Posted by AzureSupernova (191 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

"Pro is easy with the right weapons (infinite launcher and SaW 5000)  "

Well yeah, if you go in with infinite ammo it's a cakewalk. But if you actually wanna challenge yourself... then it's pretty useless. I mean all you have to do is dodge and run with infinite ammo, sometimes you'll get screwed by one of those long poles with piping and barbed wire on the end (I fucking hate those) but most of the time, as long as you're in a corner it's just too easy. I was hoping for a challenge, the enemies don't work any differently, if anything they just run blindly at you and try to grab you. It's almost impossible to shake the bastards off too in Professional

#6 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Well resident evil 4 was the same way 

#7 Posted by AzureSupernova (191 posts) -
@m_rum said:
"Yeah but combined with the growing super-soldierness of your character while gathering new and upgraded equipment makes the game a super fun arcadey joyride with co-op partner for multiple playthroughs. And then you can always mix it up with crazy goals or speed running. Loving the option to complete chapters in whatever order you want. What a fun little game."

I dunno, I guess I was hoping for something that couple be challenging without the cheapness. And yeah I do love attempting speedruns and challenges and stuff.
#8 Posted by cdfishman (259 posts) -

i agree that it seemed easy, then impossibly hard on pro if played normally.

I assume capcom made it so that you had to use the new game + features to complete professional, which is kinda cool, but also kinda sucks.

#9 Posted by AzureSupernova (191 posts) -

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong that I liked the game and whatnot. But I'll always find something to complain about... I'm british whaddya expect =P

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

It's the hardest difficulty in the game, it's meant to be hard

#11 Posted by AzureSupernova (191 posts) -

But surely it could have been made hard without one hit KOs

#12 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

Jill was a bitch at he hardest difficulty. I hated it.

#13 Posted by Etansit (17 posts) -

I think the lightning hawk ruined the fun somewhat,  the game was way too easy.  Especially comparing the button sequence cutscenes from RE4's Krauser knife fights to this, it's a joke.

#14 Posted by The_A_Drain (3973 posts) -

I'm not so sure it was just plain easy, but the difficult was certainly all over the fucking place. It was a little difficult at the start, like first two levels because you have fuck all weapons and ammo, but once you get into the swing of things it's super easy right up until you have to fight the 2 gatling gun majinis in the engine room, and if your like me didnt have enough time/ammo to kill the insect things, shit I had to play hide and seek with those assholes for 45 minutes to take them out with the pistol. Even on amateur that was insanely difficult.

Then there was Wesker, once you unlock infinite 'something' he's super easy, but on the first playthrough, I was going to be damned if I had to return to previous chapters and 'farm' for ammo I should damned well be able to byu from the shop, so I ousted my frustration by literally stabbing the fucker to death. I killed him with the goddamned knife which was incredibly difficult, and him knocking you into the lava, I don't use the word seriously very often, but thats just fucking cheap.

Then everythings fine until Pro mode and I just wanted to punch the guy who decided it was a good idea to make Sheva dumber, and give every enemy the ability to one shot kill you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.