Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

H&K bug RE5

footnmouthtard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By footnmouthtard

I don't if this has been found yet, but thought i would shout it out.
    In the area where you first get the H&K MG you can go in get the items, quit game, save equipment status, and the gun and items will replicate to get two guns. easy way to make money.

footnmouthtard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By footnmouthtard

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Nice find but It does not net you much money , Only stealing treasures and selling them for the sake of humanity , freedom and a better future can make you rich !!!

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Demilich

Best way to make money so far seems to be farming the Lickers at the start of 5-1.

Steve_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Steve_Evil

I wouldn't call it a bug. I've been farming the first few levels for ammo and treasure, upgrading my guns whilst I'm at it, generally the guns only make you about 200 gold, whereas the treasures are usually 1000g at a minimum.

zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zymase
    Demilich said:
    "farming the Lickers"
    Would make a great band name.
    shulinchung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By shulinchung

Actually I thought of this trick the first time I saw RE5 save charater status and check-point-based level progress separately. I believe that is actually a deliberate desigh decision. I think any one with some understanding of how games track player status and progress could think of this, not just me, let alone the people who made RE5. I mean, they design games for a living after all......

As a designer(of hardware or software), you must always assume that some of the people who buy your products are retards.......
    This saving system mechanism in RE5 is to make sure that people who spend all their in-game money on the wrong thing or waste too much ammo in previous level they've played are not stucked in the next level.
    Nowadays, most of the games avoid the old-day rule of forcing players to start a new game as a punishment.

I believe that's also why Dead Space is implanted with unlimited stasis supply stations and oxygen and stasis refill cheat codes, instead of forcing players to rely solely on recharge items, even though Dead Space is some what designed as a survival horror, the genre that build its tension upon strategic use of limited supply.
    Since RE5 leans towards co-op shooter genre and doesn't quite treat itself as a survival horror, it's natural for me to see RE5 includes such saving system mechanism to prevent trigger itching shooter players from stuck and to off-set AI partner using up too much ammo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.