holy shit, new trailer!

#1 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Looks intense, but truth be told I don't think anybody hates you for admitting an impressive game impresses. Is that Wesker at the end? If not then I'm a fucking idiot, but if so, what a badass. All that with one arm? Guess that's where Auron got his skills.

#3 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

The one on Gametrailers is better in my opinion.

  
#4 Edited by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Still looks amazing, the intro is a bit similar to the RE4's. Woot Wesker's back and better than ever ^_^

#5 Posted by HistoryInRust (6403 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"Woot Wesker's back and better than ever ^_^"
I love it when trailers spoil plot points like this.  I mean, I knew Wesker would be involved directly, but I wish Capcom would have kept him in the dark.  Would make his in-game appearance all the more engaging. 

But now, they've telegraphed the son of a bitch.
#6 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -

Meh.

#7 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

That was a great new trailer...I don't know if other people experience this, but GameVideos usually doesn't run as smoothly for me as GameTrailers or other video sites.

#8 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Best trailer I have seen in a long while. The music at the end is intense and the cinematic direction is amazing.

"They're like those Ganado's from the Kennedy report!"

EDIT: Am I right in presuming Sheva is British too?

#9 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"Best trailer I have seen in a long while. The music at the end is intense and the cinematic direction is amazing.

"They're like those Ganado's from the Kennedy report!"

EDIT: Am I right in presuming Sheva is British too?"
She sounded African to me. At least, that's what people from Africa sound like when they speak English... from the few people from Africa I've heard speak English.
#10 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Fucking gardner's, I can't hear the trailer.

/waits impatiently

#11 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Gardners*

Come on, guys! Can we please get the edit-post fixed?

#12 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
PureRok said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Best trailer I have seen in a long while. The music at the end is intense and the cinematic direction is amazing.

"They're like those Ganado's from the Kennedy report!"

EDIT: Am I right in presuming Sheva is British too?"
She sounded African to me. At least, that's what people from Africa sound like when they speak English... from the few people from Africa I've heard speak English."
She didn't seem to have the twang I expect from an African speaking English. Like the other girl - she had the twang. Sheva sounded British.

Urgh I don't know. More info please Capcom?!
#13 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Cool trailer.  The sound wasn't that good but it was better on the other one.  Anyway, it is cool that Wesker is there and now all we need it is Ada Wong to make it awesome.  

#14 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"Cool trailer.  The sound wasn't that good but it was better on the other one.  Anyway, it is cool that Wesker is there and now all we need it is Ada Wong to make it awesome.  "
I want Jill to be in it. So much. But like with logical reason. Not just shoehorned in there.
#15 Posted by Sledgemeyers (40 posts) -

Weiiiiiiiiiiird. Sheva kind of looks like Selena from 28 Days Later.

<3

#16 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

This game looks really really confusing.

#17 Posted by Virago (2487 posts) -

it looks super!

#18 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

That gameplay was fucking sweet, but I sure hope that chainsaw death animation is only for promotional purposes. I want my gore.

#19 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Environments look really good. Perhaps there will be more horror elements in this than RE4. Ooh, reference to Leon, awesome. :D Looks like there may be a few collision detection issues with Sheva, but not too bad. New chainsaw guy looks like he has worse aim than the one in RE4... But it looks like his head got cut off, why didn't they show any blood? That's totally lame. If Leon had his head chainsawed off, blood went everywhere. Hopefully that was just the position of the camera at the particular location. No blood spewing when getting chainsawed would be uber lame.

Jun Takeuchi has gained more respect for me as her referenced both Kamiya and Mikami in his interview with EGM. <3 Also, is it just me or does Wesker look like kinda weird in high def?

#20 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

WESKER!

#21 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

WESSKERRRRRRRRRR

#22 Posted by Solid_SnakeXx (1771 posts) -

Mehh.. been there done that in 1000 other different games, but  i m still getting it.

#23 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
Solid_SnakeXx said:
"Mehh.. been there done that in 1000 other different games, but  i m still getting it."
You're so hard to please.

EDIT: The explosions in the chainsaw video were amazing.
#24 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

what really get's me sad is that Jill could be dead. :(

#25 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
clubsandwich said:
"what really get's me sad is that Jill could be dead. :("
Ugh. Maybe Capcom is just trying to pull a Kojima on us. If she is dead, I want many details, because she survived both the Tyrant and the Nemesis, what could possibly have killed her?!
#26 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

I love how you can strafe now.

#27 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

Weskeeeeeeer! :D. Awesome trailer and just refuels my personal hype :P.

#28 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"I think that footage is from a trailer, It does after all say "Coming Soon" at the end. The camera was intentionally at his feet, but in other videos I have seen Decap's galore."
Oh okay! That's good then.
#29 Posted by zitosilva (1841 posts) -

I really wish I could be excited as most of you are, but I don't know why the more I see about RE5 the less interested in it I am.

Those Wesker's moves... why would they do something like that? Resident Evil meets animes meets the matrix... looked just plain silly to me.

#30 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"clubsandwich said:
"what really get's me sad is that Jill could be dead. :("
Ugh. Maybe Capcom is just trying to pull a Kojima on us. If she is dead, I want many details, because she survived both the Tyrant and the Nemesis, what could possibly have killed her?!"
Yeah they better show us and explain us how she died, or else, this will probably be the biggest disappointment in video games history for me.
#31 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

This makes me wonder if Code: Veronica X is canon. Wesker mentions about his last encounter with Chris being at the Spencer Incident, but the Spencer Mansion was Resident Evil 1 and Wesker fought Chris in Antarctica in CVX. Unless Spencer owned that facility too and the Ashfords were just in charge of it.

#32 Posted by zitosilva (1841 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"This makes me wonder if Code: Veronica X is canon. Wesker mentions about his last encounter with Chris being at the Spencer Incident, but the Spencer Mansion was Resident Evil 1 and Wesker fought Chris in Antarctica in CVX. Unless Spencer owned that facility too and the Ashfords were just in charge of it."
Yeah, you're right. But I see no reason for Veronica X not to be cannon.

Just add it to the list of "Resident Evil plot holes". It's not like it would be the first time.
#33 Posted by HistoryInRust (6403 posts) -
zitosilva said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"This makes me wonder if Code: Veronica X is canon. Wesker mentions about his last encounter with Chris being at the Spencer Incident, but the Spencer Mansion was Resident Evil 1 and Wesker fought Chris in Antarctica in CVX. Unless Spencer owned that facility too and the Ashfords were just in charge of it."
Yeah, you're right. But I see no reason for Veronica X not to be cannon.

Just add it to the list of "Resident Evil plot holes". It's not like it would be the first time."
As much as I liked Code Veronica, I never assumed it was canon.  Even as its own entity, it just didn't seem to fit in line with the rest of the mythos.  It just crams new material into the backstory that we, as the audience, have to reconcile on our own. 
#34 Posted by MaceWisdom (57 posts) -

The Main Trailer and the Alternate trailer are both stunning. Wesker is all Dante-like! There's so many new characters. This game might top Resident Evil 4.

#35 Posted by BloodCurse (35 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"zitosilva said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"This makes me wonder if Code: Veronica X is canon. Wesker mentions about his last encounter with Chris being at the Spencer Incident, but the Spencer Mansion was Resident Evil 1 and Wesker fought Chris in Antarctica in CVX. Unless Spencer owned that facility too and the Ashfords were just in charge of it."
Yeah, you're right. But I see no reason for Veronica X not to be cannon.

Just add it to the list of "Resident Evil plot holes". It's not like it would be the first time."
As much as I liked Code Veronica, I never assumed it was canon.  Even as its own entity, it just didn't seem to fit in line with the rest of the mythos.  It just crams new material into the backstory that we, as the audience, have to reconcile on our own. "
I always assumed it was canon, but I agree that it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb.  I recently got done re-playing all the RE games and in many ways CVX just feels like it has aged the worst.

As far as Jill goes though I hope she's still alive, she's my fav along with Leon.  They have said there'll be playable flashbacks in the game so if she, indeed, is dead maybe that's how we'll find out.  I believe I did see a translation where the date on the tombstone is 2006.  I've also heard some people speculate that the cloaked horn-masked figure in the trailer may infact be Jill.  Who knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.