How many weapons?

#1 Posted by Thechildren (14 posts) -

In resident evil 4 there were a good chunk of weapons, how many of you wish a bigger selection in resident evil 5? I know i do!

#2 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Lol JK

Maybe about 15?

#3 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

1 - a wrrrrrrrrench

#4 Posted by Cowman (676 posts) -

I'll be happy if they cover all of these guns.

• Pistol
  • Sub Machine Gun
  • Assault rifle
  • Sniper Rifle
  • Clip Loading Shotgun
  • Grenade Launcher
My list is pretty basic but I think the level of weapons is diverse enough.
I suppose a clip loading shotgun behaves like a sub machine gun for the most part but they could be different enough in how they fit in an inventory menu.
#5 Edited by Lonewolftom (19 posts) -
BFG 9000
BIG FUCKIN' GUN

#6 Posted by darth723 (10 posts) -

well

i wanna see some sniper guns in this game

it'll be fun to shoot them that way, and i doubt it, but i wanna see a famas in this game!!

#7 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12106 posts) -

The triumphant return of the grenade launcher, with explosive, acid, and napalm rounds. It is an RE mainstay after all. 

#8 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

a big shiny desert eagle and perhaps an assortment of assault rifles and shotguns. Flamethrower would be good.

#9 Posted by MEBs (188 posts) -

Chainsaw.

-Evan

#10 Posted by pause422 (6240 posts) -
Lonewolftom said:
"BFG 9000
BIG FUCKIN' GUN

"
bad fucking movie.

anyway, in one of the EGM's or GI's can't remember, it was several months ago though at least.. I saw they said they were going to make sure to add a ton of weapons, some pretty crazy as well, so lets hope they hit their mark... I'll imagine they'll keep the same struction they did in RE4 for the weapons, just include more. I actually hope the "Whaddya buyin" guy returns, he was awesome.
#11 Posted by Tomzombie (401 posts) -

enough

#12 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

either dual wielding pistols or a VERY large knife

#13 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -
Stevokenevo said:
"either dual wielding pistols or a VERY large knife"
Doesn't Chris have a machete on his back? Either way, I hope that there's a variety of each category (maybe more than 1 smg type gun would be nice.... also an auto shotty like a 12 gauge would kick ass) like in RE4.... and yeah a Deagle would be great.... or... like... dual wieldable automatic nail guns........yeah.
#14 Edited by Icemael (6364 posts) -

Someone hacked the demo, and this is apparently the full list of weapons:

Handguns

Beretta M92f
H&K P8
Sig P226
Beretta M93r
Beretta PX4
S100
Samurai Edge

Magnums

S&W M29
Desert Eagle
S&W M500

Shotguns

Ithaca M37
Benelli M3
Striker
"Mad Max"

Sub-machine guns

MP5A5
Skorpion

Assault Rifles

AK74
SIG 556
Gatling gun

Sniper Rifles

Sako
Dragunov
PSG1

Explosives

Flash grenade
Explosive greande
Flame grenade
Grenade launcher
Grenade launcher "I", "S", "N", "L", "H", "F"
Rocket launcher (RPG-7)
Noctovision rocket launcher
Infinity rocket launcher

Miscellaneous

Egg
Stunrod
Flamethrower
Bowgun

Scripted

Lamp
Satellite laser
Gun emplacement
Jeep machine gun
Jeep grenade launcher
Jeep gatling gun
Torpedo

I you feel like spoiling yourself, there's also a full list of all enemies, NPCs, bosses and playable characters in Mercenaries mode.

#15 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Icemael said:
"I you feel like spoiling yourself, there's also a full list of all enemies, NPCs, bosses and playable characters in Mercenaries mode."
  Mercenaries mode confirmed! Excellent! I loved that mode.
#16 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

I loved it too, but the Mercenaries characters in RE5 aren't nearly as good as in RE4.

#17 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Icemael said:
"I loved it too, but the Mercenaries characters in RE5 aren't nearly as good as in RE4."
Well I don't want to be spoiled about who it is, but how many characters are there this time?
#18 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

There are only 4 characters in Mercenaries, and two of them are obviously Chris and Sheva. Some guy who claims his brother works in the industry said there was gonna be DLC though(If they release Mercs characters as paid DLC I sure as hell ain't buying. It's like how Namco released the exclusive SW characters in SC4 as DLC).

#19 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
Lonewolftom said:
"BFG 9000
BIG FUCKIN' GUN

"
Loved the movie
#20 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I don't know how anyone could pay for a character to use in Mercernaries, even if the character came with an exclusive weapon. That's pretty lame. I don't see what other DLC they could release. More weapons to use in the campaign? Blargh. Somehow I think if they do have DLC, they will go way too far with it and have ridiculous things for sale.

#21 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

The triumphant return of eggs! RE4's most entertaining weapon!

This reminds me of GTAIV, where you can lock onto others while eating a hot dog, but unfortunately you're unable to throw it at them. Talk about a missed opportunity!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.