Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Impressions of the RE5 special edition swag.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yes, I did pay $30 extra for the Resident Evil 5 collector's edition. Thankfully I did it so you wouldn't have to. Let's go through all the swag, shall we?

Tricell Messenger Bag
    The bag itself is smaller than I expected. It is brown and has the logo of Tricell, which is the evil corporation in the game. I will probably use it, but it feels kind of thin, like it couldn't support much weight. Maybe I will put my Fallout 3 lunchbox in it for a metagame party. Verdict: Meh.

Chris Redfield Figurine

Also smaller than I expected. It doesn't really do anything, but at least it's made with hard plastic and I can put it next to my Fallout 3 bobblehead for display purposes. It would be very hard to break. Verdict: Sure.

BSAA patch and Kijuju necklace

The patch is pretty sweet, but I don't know how to sew, so I really can't use it. I really won't wear the necklace either, because necklaces are (mostly) for girls and nobody will get it. Maybe I will wear it and say it's a Save Darfur necklace in order to be obnoxious. Verdict: No

Steel Case
    Ironically, the best part of the entire package (besides the game itself) is the case. It is black with all the crazy Kijuju writing with a giant 5 in the middle and on the back is some Chris and Sheva Artwork. It feels tough enough to withstand a beating, but unfortunatley it really doesn't fit in with all the green plastic that the other game cases I own are made of. Verdict: Yes.

Obligatory Bonus Disk
    The disk contains a 30min documentary on the making of the game, or more specifically how the game's awesome cutscenes and musical score were made (there is no mention of gameplay). On watching this, I realized that RE5 had an insane budget, because all the crazy mo-cap cutscenes are constantly reinforced as being state of the art and expensive. In addition there is an art gallery, which has stills from the game and some concept and production photos thrown in for good measure. I could care less. There are also trailers for Resident Evil Degeneration (the CG movie) and Resident Evil Extinciton (the garbage Live Action movie). For these, I could also care less. Verdict: Ok.

Overall Verdict: If they had made it $80 instead of $90, I would have had a higher opinion of it. Just get the regular edition. But the steel case is pretty rad.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#1  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yes, I did pay $30 extra for the Resident Evil 5 collector's edition. Thankfully I did it so you wouldn't have to. Let's go through all the swag, shall we?

Tricell Messenger Bag
    The bag itself is smaller than I expected. It is brown and has the logo of Tricell, which is the evil corporation in the game. I will probably use it, but it feels kind of thin, like it couldn't support much weight. Maybe I will put my Fallout 3 lunchbox in it for a metagame party. Verdict: Meh.

Chris Redfield Figurine

Also smaller than I expected. It doesn't really do anything, but at least it's made with hard plastic and I can put it next to my Fallout 3 bobblehead for display purposes. It would be very hard to break. Verdict: Sure.

BSAA patch and Kijuju necklace

The patch is pretty sweet, but I don't know how to sew, so I really can't use it. I really won't wear the necklace either, because necklaces are (mostly) for girls and nobody will get it. Maybe I will wear it and say it's a Save Darfur necklace in order to be obnoxious. Verdict: No

Steel Case
    Ironically, the best part of the entire package (besides the game itself) is the case. It is black with all the crazy Kijuju writing with a giant 5 in the middle and on the back is some Chris and Sheva Artwork. It feels tough enough to withstand a beating, but unfortunatley it really doesn't fit in with all the green plastic that the other game cases I own are made of. Verdict: Yes.

Obligatory Bonus Disk
    The disk contains a 30min documentary on the making of the game, or more specifically how the game's awesome cutscenes and musical score were made (there is no mention of gameplay). On watching this, I realized that RE5 had an insane budget, because all the crazy mo-cap cutscenes are constantly reinforced as being state of the art and expensive. In addition there is an art gallery, which has stills from the game and some concept and production photos thrown in for good measure. I could care less. There are also trailers for Resident Evil Degeneration (the CG movie) and Resident Evil Extinciton (the garbage Live Action movie). For these, I could also care less. Verdict: Ok.

Overall Verdict: If they had made it $80 instead of $90, I would have had a higher opinion of it. Just get the regular edition. But the steel case is pretty rad.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_
    ArbitraryWater said:
    "necklaces are (mostly) for girls."
    Ding-dong, it's the real world, where many, many people of both genders wear necklaces! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.