Is gold edition worth it-

#1 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

hey i saw the Gold Edition of Resident evil 5 at a gamestore for 69$ and the main game for $49, is the gold edition worth it?

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21243 posts) -

At that price?? O.o No I wouldn't say so. The GOLD edition is supposed to be priced a little under the usual retail price I thought.
#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

Yes.  Get Gold Edition over the regular edition.  GE has all the new DLC while the regular edition does not.

#4 Posted by mattbirdy1986 (107 posts) -

depends  

The 2 DLC add-ons are 400 MSP each if your talking bout 360 but im sure its the same for PSN 
and there a costume pack for 1600 MSP so if your really wanting those costume packs then yeah if not  
pick up a used copy and Download them 

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -
@Abyssfull:   I think the OP lives in Australia.
#6 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

no its still a bad game. 

#7 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

Yeah im an aussie, normal retail price for new games is about $110

#8 Posted by Pazy (2561 posts) -

Assuming the game is appropriatly price at half (or a little over) half the normal retail price and you havent played the normal RE5 then Id say its worth it. I co-op'd the entire RE5 campaign with a friend locally and had a lot of fun and looking at getting a cheap copy of gold or a cheap preowned RE5 so I can get at the DLC with him as well. As a single player im not sure if id recommended it so highly, its still a lot of fun if you like the style of control but the campaign is not really all that special of a game.

#9 Posted by psmgamer (112 posts) -

Gold Edition is worth getting if you haven't played RE5 thats assuming you haven't. You get all of the DLC on the disc if you have the PS3 version or if you get the Xbox 360 you have to download it all. You can probably find a regular copy of RE5 used for cheap thats what I did got RE5 for $28(US) and got the DLC for $12.

#10 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@psmgamer said:
" Gold Edition is worth getting if you haven't played RE5 thats assuming you haven't. You get all of the DLC on the disc if you have the PS3 version or if you get the Xbox 360 you have to download it all. You can probably find a regular copy of RE5 used for cheap thats what I did got RE5 for $28(US) and got the DLC for $12. "
listen to this man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.