is tihs game better than 4 and should i pick it up

#1 Posted by vuk49 (6 posts) -

please tell me

#2 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

well, imo it is better than RE4, but I would recommend you to wait since the gold edition is coming out in march and will include the new dlc.

#3 Posted by calidan777 (853 posts) -

It's a great game and definitely worth picking up, but I didn't think it was as good as 4.

#4 Posted by Drebin_893 (2915 posts) -
#5 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

It looks better, so of course it must be the better game, right?

Right?

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

it's a great game and i spent countless hours on it, and you should buy it, but i wouldn't say it's better than 4. 4 i found was so much more exciting and fun

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Yes, and yes. Resident Evil 5 is an awesome game, with a ridiculous amount of replay value. I'd ignore the people who have been bitching about the controls- they're fine, even though they aren't identical to Gears of War. The story is also great, but different.

#8 Posted by leky1 (829 posts) -

No and yes

#9 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

No and possibly.

#10 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Yes, you should get it.

#11 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Some people loved this game. I did not. I found it to be the biggest disappointment of 2009 and I had many problems with it. However, you may enjoy it so go ahead and try it out, it's cheap anyway.

#12 Posted by Siris (432 posts) -

The only thing that really makes 5 better.. is CO-OP. Play through this game on co-op, its mad fun.

#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Is it better? No. But RE4 is unquestionably one of the best games of last gen. I couldn't possibly imagine it being considered anywhere outside of last gen's top 5 overall games. Is it still awesome? Yes, totally. It doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's still an excellent game. If you're a long-time RE fan, you might not be too happy with the action-game-style direction, and may have some gripes about the story, but if you won't let those little things ruin it for you, you should have a wonderful time with it. It's good enough to be a GOTY contender this year. While I disliked the real time item and weapon exchanges at first, they really were a smart choice. The co-op stuff works great throughout, though keep in mind that it sort of hurts the game's fear factor since you're not completely alone. Also, for the record, Sheva is a pretty fantastic AI companion. People don't know what they're talking about. They apparently expect her to just hold weapons and health items and not use them, which is absurd. Yeah, she'll use the stuff, so the best solution is to just not give her the weapons and herbs you want to use yourself. Or simply play co-op with a friend. Sheva's also a total babe, but that's a topic for another day. Get RE5. If you want to wait and get the upcoming version with the added DLC, okay. Or if you're able to download DLC online, you might just want to get RE5 now and download the DLC later if you decide you want it.

#14 Posted by Yummylee (21643 posts) -

Please, RE5 is worse than all the past numerical RE's. 

Its still a decent game mind you, i'd advise you just wait for the alternate edition to come out. Its not that great ofa game that its hard to hold off till spring or whenever its released I'd say.
#15 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@leky1 said:
" No and yes "
Correct.  With the caveat that you should play it with a friend.  I make no guarantees about the quality of this game if played by yourself.
#16 Posted by pause422 (6187 posts) -

Its definitely not as good as 4 in so many ways. Regardless of it being identical gameplay to it, it just really isnt.

#17 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

*sniff sniff*  I smell flamebait.

#18 Edited by Jeust (10648 posts) -

Best Multiplayer: RE5
Best Singleplayer: RE4

So it depends largely on how you want to play it.

#19 Posted by AverageJoe (13 posts) -

The inventory system is a bit annoying this time around, but if you enjoyed Resi 4 and didn't mind all it's little nuances, Resi 5 is basically more of the same.

#20 Posted by FatJackieChan (12 posts) -

It may be worth buying, but 4 is much better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.