Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Leave Leon S. Kennedy out of this!

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

Edited By JTB123

OK, this is just a rant from an RE fan about the RE films. I was reading up on the upcoming (and shitty) afterlife film and apparently a sequel to that is already being discussed. I can't understand how these movies keep making money, I mean no RE fan could possibly enjoy them and even the dumbest of movie go-ers can't either so how do they always earn 3X their production costs in revenue.

Anyway my point being, Leon could appear in the 5th film and this simply cannot be allowed to happen. I mean come on, they have already turned Jill "the master of unlocking" Valentine into a hooker, turned Chris Redfiled into a pussy and turned Claire Redfield into a steaming pile of shit.

What's Leon going to be in the 5th film going by these examples, I wouldn't be surprised if Vin Diesel was cast in the role and killed zombies with wrestling moves, although apparently Mr. Diesel enjoys video games, so lets hope he'd have more respect.

The unfortunate thing is that nobody seems to care about the RE franchise being butchered by its movie counterparts because the earlier games weren't that popular. So here's something to think about....

All you Starcraft, GTA, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty, Legend of Zelda and Mario fans. Imagine if these were made into films where every single character was replaced with Heidi Montag. 

Now you have some idea of how much I hate the RE films.

Peace.  

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JTB123

OK, this is just a rant from an RE fan about the RE films. I was reading up on the upcoming (and shitty) afterlife film and apparently a sequel to that is already being discussed. I can't understand how these movies keep making money, I mean no RE fan could possibly enjoy them and even the dumbest of movie go-ers can't either so how do they always earn 3X their production costs in revenue.

Anyway my point being, Leon could appear in the 5th film and this simply cannot be allowed to happen. I mean come on, they have already turned Jill "the master of unlocking" Valentine into a hooker, turned Chris Redfiled into a pussy and turned Claire Redfield into a steaming pile of shit.

What's Leon going to be in the 5th film going by these examples, I wouldn't be surprised if Vin Diesel was cast in the role and killed zombies with wrestling moves, although apparently Mr. Diesel enjoys video games, so lets hope he'd have more respect.

The unfortunate thing is that nobody seems to care about the RE franchise being butchered by its movie counterparts because the earlier games weren't that popular. So here's something to think about....

All you Starcraft, GTA, Final Fantasy, Call of Duty, Legend of Zelda and Mario fans. Imagine if these were made into films where every single character was replaced with Heidi Montag. 

Now you have some idea of how much I hate the RE films.

Peace.  

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

Yeah, pretty much.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I'm sure they'll get right on it. 

PEACE!!!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

Leon is dead in the Resident Evil movie canon. For the best, really.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, if they're going to get someone to do wrestling moves, they might as well get someone who knows how to do them and cast The Rock.  ;)  

And no, I will not call him Dwayne Johnson. Why the hell would he want to be called something normal like that, when he has such a cool wrestling nickname? 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " Leon is dead in the Resident Evil movie canon. For the best, really. "
    lol... 
    Was he the black guy from the 2nd RE movie?
    Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Linkin10362

I remember when that pile of shit move franchise was only suppose to be 3 movies. *sigh*

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    lol... Was he the black guy from the 2nd RE movie? "
    When Jill turns up, she says she was discharged after the death of her partner. Leon Kennedy.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    When Jill turns up, she says she was discharged after the death of her partner. Leon Kennedy. "
    Doesn't the plot of the new one revolve around cloning? There's no reason why they couldn't clone him back to life, with wrestling moves. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    When Jill turns up, she says she was discharged after the death of her partner. Leon Kennedy. "
    So Leon was a STARS member in the movies??..Frankly, I'll pray with all my heart that every other RE character taken from the games will suffer the same fate. I'm probably not far off, either I'll bet. They'll just have a whole cast list of Alices diving at each other eventually.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    So Leon was a STARS member in the movies??..Frankly, I'll pray with all my heart that every other RE character taken from the games will suffer the same fate. I'm probably not far off, either I'll bet. They'll just have a whole cast list of Alices diving at each other eventually. "
    Honestly, I have no idea. I saw it once and remember that line as just being the final nail in the coffin for me. In fact I think his name was the highlight of the entire film.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.