One major let down for Mercenaries Reunion

#1 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Why on earth can't you mix and match characters and locations?  The "new" maps and characters can't be played on the old maps and you can't play as old characters on the new map.  If the issue was that the old merc mode was closed and couldn't be updated, I wish they had designed Reunion to import all of the old stuff. 

This really bugs me and I don't think i'll be purchasing future character packs because of it.  I doubt they'll fix or change it anytime soon since it took them about a year to do DLC.  Who at Capcom thought this was a good idea?

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

I think its because of the announcers, since for the original Mercs it has Josh while Reunion has Jill. Both of whom aren't playable in each others mode, its just down to lazyness really.

#3 Posted by roylink (128 posts) -

Wait! I haven't play much of the Mercenaries Reunion but aren't they the same maps?

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

can't be played on the old map? Isn't mercs reunion old mercs with the same characters, and the same levels, only with added characters?  

anyhow, RE5 and DLC have not been going well so far. 

#5 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:

"can't be played on the old map? Isn't mercs reunion old mercs with the same characters, and the same levels, only with added characters?   anyhow, RE5 and DLC have not been going well so far.  "

Its the same maps, but there are a few differences like the location of the time boosts. Some new enemies are added in too, like dogs for the Mine and those hairy spider things in the Assembly map. Theres also a different theme song, but overall its essentially the same.

Well besides the experimental facility, that has you swarmed by Lickers right from the start O.O 

Oh and no, its not simply new characters added into the overall roster. There both seperate modes >=/. So no teaming of both Wesker and Barry I'm afraid.

#6 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

The enemy respawning was fixed as well. Normally, you'd have to clear out areas before more enemies would appear.

#7 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

You can't mix and match the characters? That's actually really disappointing.

Whatever, you can still play as Barry, so I'm happy.

#8 Edited by GaZZuM (443 posts) -
@benjaebe said:

" You can't mix and match the characters? That's actually really disappointing.  Whatever, you can still play as Barry, so I'm happy. "

/agreed!

Dude, if you don't wanna play as Barry, Excella, Josh or Rebecca then don't buy the DLC... all I know is me and my friend had a blast playing the hell out of RE:union last night.
#9 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

I'm not saying that I hate the new characters and I'm not sure where you got that from in any of the posts in here.  I'm saying that with new stages it would be nice to play them with the old characters as well as the new ones and do co-op with old and new characters. 

It's not as crazy of an idea as you make it out to be... especially considering that all of the assets needed to do it, just like the actual stages themselves, are already there.

#10 Posted by Lazlow (105 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @AjayRaz said:

"can't be played on the old map? Isn't mercs reunion old mercs with the same characters, and the same levels, only with added characters?   anyhow, RE5 and DLC have not been going well so far.  "

Its the same maps, but there are a few differences like the location of the time boosts. Some new enemies are added in too, like dogs for the Mine and those hairy spider things in the Assembly map. Theres also a different theme song, but overall its essentially the same.

Well besides the experimental facility, that has you swarmed by Lickers right from the start O.O 

Oh and no, its not simply new characters added into the overall roster. There both seperate modes >=/. So no teaming of both Wesker and Barry I'm afraid.

"
Damn! no Barry and Wesker team. I suppose the ass kicking potential would just be too much
#11 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

Here's Barry!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.