RE4 better than 5.

• 113 results
#101 Posted by Yummylee (21643 posts) -

RE4 is better than RE5 sure...but RE2 is better than both..as is RE3...and RE...and Veronica...annd u get the picture.
#102 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
#103 Posted by agentboolen (1786 posts) -

RE5 was geared more for online co-op play just because of the fact that no one buys single player games for $60 anymore.  RE4 came from a generation of systems where we weren't yet spoiled with online play.  Times are changing and game companies have to come up with other ideas to sell there games, and yes not always will it be for the better.  With that said I did end up enjoying playing RE5 online with people.

#104 Posted by TMThomsen (2074 posts) -
@Kombat said:
" They're the same game with different characters and settings.  "
Correct, and I prefer the RE5 setting.
#105 Posted by agentboolen (1786 posts) -
@clubsandwich said:
" jakob187 said:
"...and Dead Space is better than both of them."
this is the correct answer. "
Don't totally agree with that answer.  I am at the end of Dead Space right now and just for the fact that every section of the Space station look the same made me feel like the game could have used a little more differences through level design.  With that said I do think Dead Space had some interesting ideas like 0 gravity but in the end I just think it could have been a little more better.  Its a great game don't get me wrong but I will not say it is better then RE4 or RE5 for those reasons.
#106 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

Definitely

#107 Posted by ascholzk (261 posts) -

both are well made games, personally i liked RE4 better, and RE5 should have fixed some things that are incredibly frustrating, like the inventory system. but regardless i did enjoy the both games,

#108 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" If we're talking about the Wii version, I'm with you. If we're talking about the GC/PS2 one, I'm not. "
#109 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

Easily the better of the 2

#110 Posted by D (234 posts) -

RE 4, I just loved the story alot more and setting aswell.
#111 Posted by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -
@lemon360 said:
" Who is with me here? "
Not me.
#112 Posted by Limpiz (20 posts) -

Resident Evil 5 is a good game yes.
But compared to Resident Evil 4 it's not that good.
The story in RE5 is so damn predictable. And Sheva, God I hate that girl.

The controll worked out with 4, but one generation later, its too slow.

#113 Posted by PhaggyBigNastyMcKill (564 posts) -

Nah man its all about RE2 for the N64, that had the best controls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.