RE5 Versus Impressions

Posted by EpicSteve (6494 posts) -

I think we can all agree Mercs is fucking awesome. Well, if you liked that, Versus is essentially an addition to that mode. I originally had the impression this DLC was straight-up deathmatch, but it's not. Imagine Mercs with other human players. It can get awkward when you actually encounter another person, and it boils down to whomever saw the other guy first. The new mode also has some sweet techno music...which does get annoying after you've had a two-hour play session, but whatever. Considering you're paying 5 bucks, it's not a bad deal. Now I got a whole new set of achievements to hunt for!

#1 Posted by EpicSteve (6494 posts) -

I think we can all agree Mercs is fucking awesome. Well, if you liked that, Versus is essentially an addition to that mode. I originally had the impression this DLC was straight-up deathmatch, but it's not. Imagine Mercs with other human players. It can get awkward when you actually encounter another person, and it boils down to whomever saw the other guy first. The new mode also has some sweet techno music...which does get annoying after you've had a two-hour play session, but whatever. Considering you're paying 5 bucks, it's not a bad deal. Now I got a whole new set of achievements to hunt for!

#2 Posted by DarkEnzanArikado (189 posts) -

Any new weapons unlocked for single player or is that all IGN bs?

#3 Posted by EpicSteve (6494 posts) -

Uh, I haven't noticed anything. Did they say their were new weapons?

#4 Posted by EpicSteve (6494 posts) -

Yeah just double checked. Nothing new in the store.

#5 Posted by HistoryInRust (6347 posts) -

Are all the characters and their respective armaments available in this mode?

If so, then Battle Suit Jill and the Two Weskers are going to be fucking indomitable.

#6 Edited by EpicSteve (6494 posts) -

Yes. All the characters are the same as they were in Mercs. From what I've seen at least. Haven't unlocked everyone, yet.

#7 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

Looks pretty awesome...

#8 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

all of the characters inventory has changed like sheva lost her sniper and machine gun and chris lost his shotgun

btw how do you unlock characters?

#9 Posted by EpicSteve (6494 posts) -

You go to the special features, and buy them just like you buy the action figures.

#10 Posted by bennym6 (417 posts) -
@EpicSteve:
is re5 versus worth it for more fun

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.