Resident Evil 5: Can I use upgraded on subsequent plays through?

#1 Edited by Superchris129 (379 posts) -

Hey, I'm playing RE5, and am about half way through the game. It doesn't seem like I'm going to make enough money to buy every weapon AND upgrade them all (for achievements.)

Is this one of those games like Dead Space, where I can carry over everything onto subsequent play through, or is it a game like Bioshock, where you've got to start from scratch each time?

Thanks.

Edit: It looks like I forgot to say "Resident Evil 5: Can I use upgraded weapons on subsequent plays through?" It's too bad you can't edit the thread titles... ha.

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (16119 posts) -

Yes.

#3 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

You'll pretty much be chapter jumping, and yes you can carry everything with you after each time you save. You never have to create a new game, just replay the same levels using chapter select on different difficulties.

#4 Posted by Superchris129 (379 posts) -

Ha, thanks Liquid, your answer was short and sweet, just like your... woah, nevermind.

#5 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

You keep all your shit; yes, sir.

#6 Posted by shulinchung (181 posts) -

Not only can you carry over everything onto subsequent play through in this game like Dead Space, but you can also carry over everything onto different difficulties, which Dead Space doesn't allow you to. Hooray!

#7 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

As it's already been stated; you carry over every weapon (and upgrades), as well as every single item, through subsequent playthroughs. It doesn't matter if you change difficulty, or jump over chapters...you always keep every single item you own. I don't know how Professional Mode would be possible if this wasn't the case :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.