Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Resident Evil 5 Collector's!

Avatar image for chris313allnight
    Chris313AllNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Chris313AllNight

Today, I went and got my Resident Evil 5 Collectors Edition from my local Gamestop. I even got money back that I used to put down on Halo 3: ODST when it comes out in a few months. I wasn’t even there 20 minutes before I was walking out with the goodies and on my way home. Upon un-boxing the game when I got home, the game was perfect and I enjoyed the hell out of what little playtime I’ve had with the game so far, but the thing that caught my eye was the guide. I paid for the limited and got the standard guide.

Guess that’s what I get for going to do things when tired. I called up the store and they have the guide I ordered there and will hold it for me until I can get it tomorrow.

A few little goodies I noted when unboxing, and thanks to The Wesker, I know what's going on, were a mini Chris Redfield figurine that reminded me a lot of the one in his RE Collection video, a BSAA patch, Tricell bag and a keychain

All in all, not a bad day so far. I’ll be back to update this after I get some more action with the game.

Chris313AllNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Chris313AllNight

Today, I went and got my Resident Evil 5 Collectors Edition from my local Gamestop. I even got money back that I used to put down on Halo 3: ODST when it comes out in a few months. I wasn’t even there 20 minutes before I was walking out with the goodies and on my way home. Upon un-boxing the game when I got home, the game was perfect and I enjoyed the hell out of what little playtime I’ve had with the game so far, but the thing that caught my eye was the guide. I paid for the limited and got the standard guide.

Guess that’s what I get for going to do things when tired. I called up the store and they have the guide I ordered there and will hold it for me until I can get it tomorrow.

A few little goodies I noted when unboxing, and thanks to The Wesker, I know what's going on, were a mini Chris Redfield figurine that reminded me a lot of the one in his RE Collection video, a BSAA patch, Tricell bag and a keychain

All in all, not a bad day so far. I’ll be back to update this after I get some more action with the game.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Guides are for noobs.

Chris313AllNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chris313AllNight

Noob or not, I think it helps. Especially first time players like a few of my friends or ones that are tired like I am right now. But if you're a hardcore gamer or just lucky to find all the goodies without it, more power to you.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

How big is the Chris figure? Is it tiny?

Chris313AllNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chris313AllNight

Yes it is. It's small, like a miniature model figurine. I'd post a picture, but my camera's not setup right now.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DoctorTran

It's like... 3 inches... It's a bit smaller then those 3"3/4" GI Joe figures from the 80's and 90's.

Also... for anyone curious on the size of the bag.

No Caption Provided

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

^ Nice..um..bags. Seriously, they the GTA one does own the other.

I don't have an interest in the collector's edition because it looks $30 too much for stuff I will never use. My favorite limited edition is still Bioshock. It was only $10 more and came with a bonus DVD, soundtrack, and the BIG DADDY figurine. It is still on my shelf to this day and it is an excellent figure.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I think RE5's collectors edition could have been a lot better .

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By DarkGamer007
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "I think RE5's collectors edition could have been a lot better . "
    Yeah the $90 price was a set off, really it should have been no more than $70.
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DoctorTran
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "^ Nice..um..bags. Seriously, they the GTA one does own the other.I don't have an interest in the collector's edition because it looks $30 too much for stuff I will never use. My favorite limited edition is still Bioshock. It was only $10 more and came with a bonus DVD, soundtrack, and the BIG DADDY figurine. It is still on my shelf to this day and it is an excellent figure."
    Thank you... my dickies bag now has a NIN Year Zero patch sewn onto the center, as well as the patch that came with RE5 off to the right.

The Bioshock CE was indeed great. My Big Daddy is currently towering over Chris Redfield.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Wolverine
    Chris313AllNight said:
    "Noob or not, I think it helps. Especially first time players like a few of my friends or ones that are tired like I am right now. But if you're a hardcore gamer or just lucky to find all the goodies without it, more power to you."
    The collector's edition sounds pretty cool. I only used guides for really difficult games. I'm sure the guide helps a lot though when it comes to RE 5. I don't blame you for picking one up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.