Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Resident Evil 5 deal of the week! Few problems.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mwng

Resident Evil 5 is deal of the week on Xbox Live so I figured it was high time I got the DLC. 

Anyway, the problem I'm having is if I try and start the mercenaries reunion it just slaps me with a "disc unreadable" error and throws me back to the dash board. Now I know for a fact the disc is not scratched, I've played it many times before with no problems. I've tried it with the game installed, without the game installed and even a friend's disc, I've come to the conclusion that something is just broke. Anyone else having this issue if you've taken advantage of the deal of the week and have you had any luck fixing it?

(Using an Xbox "S" and downloaded the "Untold Stories Bundle").

Edit: Crisis over. Seems I just had to delete the "Extra Figures" DLC I'd downloaded ages ago and forgotten about. As for the 2 new chapters, they're both pretty fun, well worth the 560 points. Thinking about it I could've probably just spend 480 points and got the chapters indivdually... Oh well.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I just noticed the Deal of the Week.  I was thinking about getting the DLC a few weeks ago.  Glad I didn't.

I might as well get the Versus Mode DLC as well.     :/

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I got that same error as well.  I guess the Extra Figures DLC doesn't like the other DLC.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

The DLC pack has the extra figures DLC along with it.  They should have fixed that bug by now though.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJOR64
    @Diamond:   It does?  Didn't know that.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Note to self: Buy the RE5 DLC. Also, finish RE5. By the way, you're looking really good. Have you been working out? Yes. Yes I have been.

Thanks.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mwng

I am sorely missing my unlimited RPG on desperate escape professional...

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By sixdemonbag

I didn't want to start a new topic, but I have some points laying around after buying Shadow Broker and considered getting the deal.  I got RE5 when it came out but moved onto other stuff before I beat it.  Now that I have some time I was thinking about going back.  Is the DLC worth it?  About how much content does it add?

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Legxend

Are the character packs on sale too? wouldnt mind picking up the last one i need.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
    @mwng:
    Same thing happens to me, its nothing to do with the deal of the week as I downloaded it ages ago. Everything works fine except the mercenaries reunion and viewing figurines. Its usually something to do with corrupt data. 
    Try re-installing it :) 

PS. Ive never tried to fix mine yet so I have no idea what works, I could never be bothered. If you find anything that works let me know please. 
    EDIT: Nvm, I read the end of the thread :P Ill try that.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mwng
    @sixdemonbag: Adds about 2 hours, more if you want to mess around on the new merc characters too, well worth the 480 points (assuming you buy the 2 story bits and avoid vs mode). EVEN MORE if you insist on playing through on hard. It was very fun, running out of ammo and having to dodge zombies rather than mowing them down like in the main game, it's almost survival horror again.

@Legxend: They are if you buy them as part of the untold stories bundle, but not by themselves.

Also, MOTHER OF FUCK DESPARATE ESCAPE ON PROFFESIONAL DONE, AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! NEVER AGAIN!!!111
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Jackel2072

well i missed the deal of the week, but i saw the untold stories bundle after i had already started downloading Lost in Nightmares... fuck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.