Resident Evil Noob Question

#1 Posted by ZOOMER_ZERO (36 posts) -

I’m just new to the world of Resident Evil and I’m currently playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii and loving it.

I really want to play Resident Evil 5 after hearing so many good things about it but I’ve heard it ties up all the loose ends in the story through out the past series. So my question is, could I just read the story section on all the Resident Evil pages and learn all there is to know in the story in order to really understand what’s going on in RE5

I know it sounds like a stupid questing but I just want to make sure.

#2 Edited by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

from what i heard, RE4 was like a side story in a RE series story line. there's actually no connection bewteen RE4 and RE5. however, i think instead of reading the story for RE4, i suggest reading for RE1 -RE3. 

#3 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

It never hurts to read up on the stuff that happened before RE5. Although I don't think you'd be as lost as a game like MGS4, but there will be stuff you won't understand.

#4 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

As someone who has only played RE4 and RE5 out of the series, I understood the plot without even reading much. RE5 even has a little history section on disc if you don't understand something.

#5 Posted by ZOOMER_ZERO (36 posts) -

Cool, Thanks for all your help guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.