Share Your RE5 Tips Here

#1 Edited by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

Well guys I found out this really great thing this morning and I decided to let all of you know about it. After getting the infinite rocket launcher, I went to chapter 5-1 on Pro and you can get through it in about 7 minutes, and collect about 20K worth of treasure (Lion hearts, cash, and a money safe) and the best part is when you beat the level on Pro and you get an S rank you will get 2,500 Special Points. So you get all that in about 7 minutes. The lickers all die almost instantly with the launcher, and the boss only needs 2 hits to die.

Edit: What's a great tip you have to share with the community?

#2 Posted by Superchris129 (379 posts) -

Upgrade the magnum.

#3 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -

kill the zombies

#4 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -

If you want a better place to farm, go to the 5-2 area where lickers are in the U shaped room. It saves right when you enter that room so after you kill all the lickers there, you can quit and redo that same section over and over. Easy 20-30k in just 2-3 minutes, which includes how long it takes you to quit, and continue.

If you want to solo professional, have infinite rocket launcher, and give the S&W M500 (hand cannon) to the AI.

#5 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -
suneku said:
"If you want a better place to farm, go to the 5-2 area where lickers are in the U shaped room. It saves right when you enter that room so after you kill all the lickers there, you can quit and redo that same section over and over. Easy 20-30k in just 2-3 minutes, which includes how long it takes you to quit, and continue.If you want to solo professional, have infinite rocket launcher, and give the S&W M500 (hand cannon) to the AI."
Yeah that's probably a way better way to make cash but my way has 2,500 special points ever 5 minutes. I think I might try to solo professional so thanks for the tip.
#6 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

Google the egg glitch to get moar money.
Get infinite ammo for the magnum.
Play through the chapter with the giant spider at the end for easy Exchange points, 6-2 works as well if you have good weapons.
Blow through amateur in under 5 hours (to unlock the infinite RPG) before trying Professional. RPG + Handcannon = win.

#7 Posted by HistoryInRust (6317 posts) -

Blah. I always feel guilty stooping to a lot of these tips--the magnum/infinite rocket launcher/quick cash business. If only because I feel the game deserves more than simple grinding.

For first timers: Don't sell weapons after you find another of the same class, and avoid redundancy between Chris and Sheva's armaments. It's unnecessary for the both of you to have machine guns, shotguns, rifles, and handguns. Aside from the handgun, divvy responsibilities between the two. Since the AI is reasonable with a fuckload of ammunition, I'd suggest giving them the machine gun. 

#8 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I wouldn't recommend gold farming to be honest. You're still going to have to play through the game to get battle points.

#9 Posted by DarkGamerOO7 (574 posts) -

Do a barrel roll!!!!

#10 Posted by HistoryInRust (6317 posts) -
Sleepy_Insomniac said:
"I wouldn't recommend gold farming to be honest. You're still going to have to play through the game to get battle points."
Not necessarily true. Mercenaries, I'd argue, is a more efficient way to get Battle Points if you're really in the market for them.

But, then again, I'm something of an addict for Mercenaries and I had gained almost a hundred thousand Battle Points without realizing it.
#11 Edited by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Sleepy_Insomniac said:
"I wouldn't recommend gold farming to be honest. You're still going to have to play through the game to get battle points."
Not necessarily true. Mercenaries, I'd argue, is a more efficient way to get Battle Points if you're really in the market for them.But, then again, I'm something of an addict for Mercenaries and I had gained almost a hundred thousand Battle Points without realizing it."
It'd probably take longer with all the time extensions. Personally, I can blaze through Chapter 1-2 on Veteran in under four minutes and an easy 2,000 BP. Compared to Mercenaries, which doesn't have scripted events and has a higher possibility of dying, I think going through single player is a better option. But, meh, I suppose it's up to the person playing.
#12 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

If playing solo, don't give Alyx any items that require your personal attention.  Like red herbs, grenade launcher ammo or whatever.  Easier to manage inventory while on the go.

Also if you don't have infinite ammo.  Don't use the same ammo as Sheva.  Don't give her a machine gun ammo if you need it.  Enough wont drop for both of you.  She is one trigger happy babe.  If she has it, she will pop it off.

Make good use of Shiva's optional attack modes.  Cover and Attack.  Keep her close in certain fights, where she is more vulnerable.  But let her go, when it's safe by using attack.  Give her a upgraded rifle and she will pop some heads.

Also, upgrade Sheva's guns.  The more ammo capacity and firepower they have, the less inventory they will need.

Don't scavenge for everything the first time through! Just play!   RE 5 is a great game, but has a ton of draw backs.  That can kill the pace and action driven tension.  Like inventory, to many secondary menus or the control scheme.  Just go.  Enjoy the ride.  Worry about all the OCD crap later.  Scavenging for every little drop of health and ammo, will drain you.  It totally kills the action.

I promise if you run and smell the roses, you'll be glad you did.

#13 Posted by darktower (4 posts) -

sheva=moving storage

#14 Posted by BBQBram (2236 posts) -

Immediately switch to controll type A.

#15 Posted by AzureSupernova (191 posts) -
  • Flash Grenades make for easy kills against any Plagas, also using a melee such as Throat Slit or Neckbreaker prevent a majini from mutating in the first place
  • Take your time! There's no rush through it. Once you've got through it once, you can use Chapter Select to lower your overall time to unlock the Infinite RPG. So don't go in all guns blazing if you're not confident
  • Make use of Melee attacks! They're there for a reason and they're great for reserving ammo, kneecapping one enemy in a group and then uppercutting sends the whole group into the air, also weakens them too
  • Firepower first, capacity later. Whats the point in being able to fire 100 shots at a majini if they're not going to kill him (but of course 100 shots will). Besides as long as you utilize melee attacks and keep your gun loaded then you you should never have to reload in the face of an enemy, cause that leaves you open
  • If you can knife an enemy, do it. Again it saves ammo and could set you up for a melee if you aim at the right place
#16 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

#17 Posted by nawal (13 posts) -

i just run away from those monsters , it works

#18 Edited by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Infinite Rocket Launcher for you
Infinite Fully Upgraded Magnum for your AI partner

#19 Posted by AzureSupernova (191 posts) -
@nawal said:
"i just run away from those monsters , it works "

Very nice tactic Nawal... but you can only run so far xD You need me to shoot whilst you run =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.