Using the real time inventory to your advantage?

#1 Posted by Mobius1 (19 posts) -

During any melee animation, if you are quick enough you can open the inventory and combine bullets with weapons. Does anyone else do this?

#2 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -

yes, I do it during every animation. Picking up items, climbing ladders, meleeing, etc.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14341 posts) -

I haven't played RE5 yet, but are these animations either really long, or are you really quick?

#4 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"I haven't played RE5 yet, but are these animations either really long, or are you really quick?"
Animation varies, some are quick and some are slow. But opening the menu, clicking square/b on the ammo and then clicking your gun is pretty easy and  fast once you get the hang of it.
#5 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

The quick inventory system is so useful for reloading and mixing herbs

#6 Posted by Catbus (34 posts) -

Too bad most reviewers are bashing it because they don't know the proper time to open it.

#7 Posted by HiroSeven (215 posts) -

Cool, I never knew that was possible.

I usually just opened up the inventory and swapped items before a big fight or if I never knew what was coming, I tried to time opening inventory with the foe's attacks.

In that case, that would be a real advantage if you had lots of weapons to switch around on the go.

-hiro

#8 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Yeah, this is an excellent habit to pick up for both the harder campaign difficulties and Mercenaries. In the latter case, it can mean the difference between a solitary kill and the continuation of a combo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.