Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Vlog 03/28/09 (Resident Evil 5, Subjectivity VS. Objectivity)

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Edited By Slunks

Typically, I hate any video blog that's past ten minutes long. I'm sorry for making this lengthy, so bare with me when I say it's a topic that can't really be shoved into a short video for my case. Also, sorry for not following through with my general editing style. It takes time that I wasn't up to spending, so the footage is mostly raw. I hate anything that involves me talking and raw footage -- I tend to get pretty sloppy as it goes along, and words are harder to find. I guess that's why I stick with writing. ;)

Anyway, I think it's an interesting topic. Feel free to provide insight.

Edit: To put the ending sentence from me in a clearer presentation: "Game reviewing is essential to [the] realization of how games-as-art is growing. Maybe if we looked at things a little bit more objectively, and not as subjectively, it would help [that realization] grow."
    Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Slunks

Typically, I hate any video blog that's past ten minutes long. I'm sorry for making this lengthy, so bare with me when I say it's a topic that can't really be shoved into a short video for my case. Also, sorry for not following through with my general editing style. It takes time that I wasn't up to spending, so the footage is mostly raw. I hate anything that involves me talking and raw footage -- I tend to get pretty sloppy as it goes along, and words are harder to find. I guess that's why I stick with writing. ;)

Anyway, I think it's an interesting topic. Feel free to provide insight.

Edit: To put the ending sentence from me in a clearer presentation: "Game reviewing is essential to [the] realization of how games-as-art is growing. Maybe if we looked at things a little bit more objectively, and not as subjectively, it would help [that realization] grow."
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By gearhead

I am also somewhere between Adam Sessler's opinion on the game, and Brad's opinion on the game. I enjoy Resident Evil 5 for what it is, because of how much fun it is to play the game, though I see problems in the game when looking at it. The thing is though, is that I don't see those problems when I am playing the game itself. There I find the issue if I was to ever put a score on the game. Resident Evil 5 to me is a game of paradoxes, it's good but it's not good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.