Which RE 5 DLC did you enjoy more?

#1 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
#2 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I prefer Desperate Escape because it had more action.

#3 Edited by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

DE could have been better imo.  There was some funny stuff in it but overall it felt mediocre compared to a lot of chapters in the regular game.  If I didn't play Mercs so much I think I might have enjoyed it a bit more though.  I like the bonus characters in LiN more as well.  Plus DE upsets me because it's a perfect Mercs mode map but it's not in Mercs mode.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (21243 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
"I prefer Desperate Escape because it had more action. "

Same, Lost In Nightmares was an otherwise fantastic throwback, though sometimes it was a lil too thrown to your face. But it was far too short, even though they both are of similair length, Lost In Nightmares mostly has you simply taking in the atmosphere and appreciating all the references to the older games. Which loses its appeal after a first few playthroughs, Desperate Escape is still fun after I've played it around 5 times now.
#5 Posted by Ulong (444 posts) -

I wouldn' t bother to ever play through lost in nightmare a second time.
I might play through desperate escape a second time with a friend on professional or something though.

Also rebecca is my favourite mercanaries character and she came from desperate escape. (All that ammo she starts with, 2 first aid sprays, and that splash aoe on her 1 hit kill melee's)

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

Desperate Escape was fun as hell. while Lost in Nightmares was a nice treat and throwback to the old RE games, i really liked how action packed Desperate Escape is. it has tons of replay value compared to lost in nightmares, too. 

#7 Posted by WizardShazam (135 posts) -

I actually liked Lost in Nightmares more because it wasn't action scene after action scene like Desperate Escape.  It was closer to what I once expected out of a Resident Evil game.  Plus, it included the Barry Burton mercs character.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

I still need to buy these.           :(

#9 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

none of the above?

#10 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Lost in Nightmares was definitely my RE5 DLC of choice.  With Desperate Escape, I got the feeling was they just wanted to throw everything at you, no matter what.

#11 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4884 posts) -

Lost In Nightmares, and I haven't played Desperate Escape. Because... it probably sucks.

#12 Posted by laalipop (50 posts) -

LiN caused me to go play the rest of the series again.

#13 Posted by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -

I prefer Lost in Nightmares. It has that classic RE feel to it.

#14 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Lost in Nightmares was a nice change of pace, though I did enjoy both very much.

#15 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@laalipop said:
" LiN caused me to go play the rest of the series again. "
@Alphiehyr said:
" I prefer Lost in Nightmares. It has that classic RE feel to it. "
This, specially REmake, made me beat it again 2 times.
#16 Posted by giancarlo123x (69 posts) -

LiN, it scared the crap out of me and I loved hearing my friends sound like girls.

#17 Posted by Spartan1down (15 posts) -
@AgentOrange said:
"I actually liked Lost in Nightmares more because it wasn't action scene after action scene like Desperate Escape.  It was closer to what I once expected out of a Resident Evil game.  Plus, it included the Barry Burton mercs character. "

Indeed.  Having played through RE5 which is solely based in Africa and its parts, it was refreshing to get a throwback to the good RE1 days.  It's a little taste of what's to come.  Perhaps, RE6, retro style again?  Let's hope.  My pick, easily, Lost in Nightmares.
#18 Posted by psmgamer (112 posts) -

Lost in Nightmares was a throwback to the first RE game wasn't that action packed like Desperate Escape though. Desperate Escape was good felt like Mercenaries Mode with enemies coming at you from all directions.

#19 Posted by Josma (3 posts) -

Lost in nightmare simply because of the atmosphere, although i would have liked it better if it stayed on the mansion rather than going underground.

#20 Posted by DarkGamerOO7 (574 posts) -

I haven't played Desperate Escape yet, but Lost in Nightmares scared the shit out of me. I loved Resident Evil 5, but Capcom, I would love you forever if you made Resident Evil games more like Lost in Nightmares.

#21 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

Desperate escape, purely for the nostalgia.

#22 Posted by Creamypies (4050 posts) -

I preferred Lost in Nightmares, but I think that's purely because I have fond memories of playing the original RE. With that said though... I think Desperate Escape was a much better co-op experience.

#23 Posted by blitzwing13 (14 posts) -
@Josma: same id prefer that and the old zombies and not the anchor executioner majini wannabes need more puzzles
#24 Posted by blitzwing13 (14 posts) -

i would want them to make the whole re1 but with re5 graphics and view over the shoulder jill would be so hot in her stars costume oh and her samurai edge or play re1 in weskers rebeccas or barrys side of it

#25 Posted by purpleinsect (57 posts) -

Desperate Escape. Never finished LIN. Seemed boring

#26 Posted by MightyDuck (1501 posts) -

I just finished Desperate Escape (bought it on PSN now that it's on sale for $2.99).  I really enjoyed it.  

However, Lost in Nightmares reminded me of the original RE which I played a ton as a kid so I have to go with that one.  The nostalgia factor wins it.

#27 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Whichever one was the throwback in the Spencer Mansion. I have literally no memory of the other one, despite having played through it.

#28 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Oh man. I bought both and still haven't played either!!

#29 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

@TheGreatGuero said:

Oh man. I bought both and still haven't played either!!

They're both really short. I think I cruised through the two of them together in, like, three hours.

#30 Posted by MightyDuck (1501 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok

That would be the Lost in Shadows one.  I agree, the whole mansion vibe is a blast.  If they would make another Resident Evil or remake that goes back to that original game, I'd buy it in a heart beat.
#31 Posted by Chop (1994 posts) -

Desperate Escape 

The puzzles in Lost in Nightmares were laughable and none of the enemies posed any challenge. It was a nice throwback but it was also boring as hell. 

#32 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

@Afroman269 said:
"I prefer Desperate Escape because it had more action. "

Same, Lost In Nightmares was an otherwise fantastic throwback, though sometimes it was a lil too thrown to your face. But it was far too short, even though they both are of similair length, Lost In Nightmares mostly has you simply taking in the atmosphere and appreciating all the references to the older games. Which loses its appeal after a first few playthroughs, Desperate Escape is still fun after I've played it around 5 times now.

This. I would've enjoyed Lost in Nightmares much more if it wasn't so short. Desperate Escape was a little too straight-forward though. I wish they made some more DLC though.

#33 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Lost in Nightmares just because it had actual atmosphere unlike any other part of RE5 and it was a great throwback to RE1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.