cylemoore's Resident Evil 5 (PlayStation 3) review

Still enjoyable despite not being as great as RE4.

I wanted to say I really enjoyed this game, even though it wasn't as amazing as Resident Evil 4. But beside that fact it was still a great game, one of the things I still loved about this game was that during the cut scenes you always had to pay attention or you would die. It is a great way to keep the gamer into the game and it still caught me off guard a couple of times. The gameplay from RE4 was brought back for this game and I still love it. I know they have went away from some of the more scarier parts which made Resident Evil great in the first place, but I still found myself nervous with a few parts in the game and nothing is worse than running out of ammo when a ton of enemies are out there. I felt for about 3/4 of the game though that ammo was everywhere to be found but then towards the end I found myself trying to ration all of my ammo and I did most of that by not letting Sheva have a lot of ammo due to the fact that she was trigger happy. The story was hard to follow at first cause I forgot what the hell was going on from RE4 but once I realized what was going on I got excited and the memories became flowing back. But it was great seeing El Gigante back again even though it was called Ndesu in the game but I still thought it was him and that was enjoyable. I still wish they would've brought Leon into the game since he was my favorite character of the series, but Chris did well in the role, even though he looked like a steroid baseball player. The one thing I would like to finish with is that the final boss in RE5 was far superior to the one in RE4, I can't even remember who he was, but all I remember is that it just took one rocket to the chest and he was dead. Well in RE5 it was far hardly and far longer, which was a great way to end the game. In the end RE4 is better than RE5 but RE5 is still very enjoyable for all of the Resident Evil fans that are out there.