dancingphlower's Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360) review

Not scary, but a ton of fun.

Resident Evil 4 is my all-time favorite game. I played it nonstop for about three years. Okay, it's a bit of an exaggeration, but I still love that game to death. So naturally I was looking foward to playing this. And I was not disappointed in the slightest. From the trailers I figured the game wouldn't be that scary, so I didn't expect it to be. But as an aciton game? That's where this game truly excels.

The story won't win any awards, but it's passable, at least by Resident Evil standards. The set pieces are truly amazing, as one jaw-dropping sequence leads to another. Needless to say, I had a lot of fun with this one. The gunplay is awesome, and it makes you forget that you can't move and shoot at the same time. Melee combos are a lot of fun as well.

Perhaps the greatest feature this game has to offer is the Mercenaries mini game. My favorite feature from Resident Evil 4 returns, albeit with co-op. And that makes it twice as fun. I swear, this mode never gets old. Not when you're playing with a friend, at least. This mode alone is worth the price of admission. If you don't already have this game, get it. It's that good.