Bought resi 6 for 20 was that a good deal

#1 Posted by ArcHTecHGuY79 (22 posts) -

I just bought resident evil 6 for 20 for Boxing Day. I heard the reviews were pretty much negative but I still wanted to try it is 20 a good price for it.

#2 Posted by Atwa (620 posts) -

Nope, I would get payed to play that game. 

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

@ArcHTecHGuY79: Personally, I bought the game for full price and really loved it so at that price its pretty much a steal. I would really suggest you play all of the campagins in cronological order makes for a much better time than focusing on one campaign.

#4 Posted by Hunter5024 (5670 posts) -

Knowing Capcom, there will be a better version of this game out in like 6 months.

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -

paying for bad games is not a good deal

#6 Posted by MEATBALL (3238 posts) -

I think $20 is okay, Mercenaries is great (where the new mechanics really shine) and there's enough to enjoy with Leon's campaign (and certain moments of the others) that it's worth $20. The game is heavily, heavily flawed, but I don't think it's entirely without merit.

#7 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Knowing Capcom, there will be a better version of this game out in like 6 months.

Any by the looks of it the PC version will be just that but I don't know how much better it will be.

#8 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

That's the price I want to purchase it at....I might wait for the inevitable gold, complete, or whatever edition though.

#9 Posted by IBurningStar (2172 posts) -

20 dollars is a better price than I paid for it. I was dumb enough to buy it at full price when it came out. I'm not sure if you got a good deal because the game is flat out terrible, but at least you didn't get screwed as bad as I did.

#10 Posted by Lelcar (616 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@ArcHTecHGuY79: Personally, I bought the game for full price and really loved it so at that price its pretty much a steal. I would really suggest you play all of the campagins in cronological order makes for a much better time than focusing on one campaign.

I agree. I don't think RE6 is a bad game. In fact, I enjoyed my time with it. I didn't find it clunky or frustrating or anything like that. I also paid full price. So that's a pretty good deal.

#11 Posted by TruthTellah (9032 posts) -

Sure, why not? If you enjoy the game, then it's worth $20.

#12 Posted by GunGunW (60 posts) -

I bought RE5 for 20 bucks and I never looked back. I put in over a hundred hours on it.

I've put in about give or take a hundred hours on RE6 and I payed full price. Not regretting anything about it at all

#13 Edited by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

That game is an exhibition of shit, at least to me.

If you enjoy it, though, then good on you.

#14 Edited by Hector (3364 posts) -

I rented this game from Gamefly and returned it in like two days ago. I had a horrible experience with it, it's not the Resident Evil experience I want. Now I I had a great time playing RE: Revelations, now that is a solid RE game.

#15 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

My buy point would be about $0.25, or whatever pennies and nickels I have in my pocket. Whichever is lower.

But if you have fun with it, more power to you.

#16 Posted by LiquidPrince (15946 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Everything Demo said.

#17 Posted by Fearbeard (830 posts) -

If you enjoy it, then yes. If you don't enjoy it, then no.

Reviews should have you a bit wary about paying too much for it, but those are just other peoples opinions and all that really matters is your own.

#18 Posted by RecSpec (3816 posts) -

There is a lot wrong with that game but enough decent stuff to get your money's worth, especially for $20.

#19 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

if you enjoy it yes

if you dont, no

edit:

@Fearbeard said:

If you enjoy it, then yes. If you don't enjoy it, then no.

Reviews should have you a bit wary about paying too much for it, but those are just other peoples opinions and all that really matters is your own.

great minds etc

#20 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Personally no, not at all. I got to play it for free but it was a waste of 25 hours. A slog which is badly designed at every turn. To the point where each section is messed up in it's own special way.

#21 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2219 posts) -

Haven't played the game but $20 seems alright, one of the big complaints about the game was it was hard to aim because the laser sight would apparently sway so does anybody know if that is still an issue?

#22 Posted by Lazyaza (2180 posts) -

@ArcHTecHGuY79 said:

I just bought resident evil 6 for 20 for Boxing Day. I heard the reviews were pretty much negative but I still wanted to try it is 20 a good price for it.

Ahahhahahahahah oh man.

I think the one who got the "good deal" in your situation was Capcom. But it's ok, everyone makes mistakes I have so many games I wish I'd never bought its crazy.

#23 Posted by cosi83 (397 posts) -

It is fun funny on multiplayer split screen

#24 Posted by spankingaddict (2671 posts) -

Sure , it's OK .

#25 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Yeah. I enjoyed it for full price and that was before they patched the camera again and in the next patch they are also making QTEs optional which fixes right about everything with the campaigns. Mercs mode was already great.

#26 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

Resident Evil 6 is, probably, the best example of Budget=/=quality.

However, I've heard of a least a few people who enjoyed it, so for $20, as opposed to $60, I hope you do too.

#27 Posted by mikey87144 (1772 posts) -

There are people who really love RE6 so maybe you'll be one of them.

#28 Posted by Quarters (1698 posts) -

I paid full price and didn't regret a cent of it. You got a steal.

#29 Posted by Rafaelfc (1346 posts) -

you should have bought Too Human... copies will be worth hundreds if thousands in the future!

#30 Posted by Shaunage (708 posts) -

I played it to completion, as a massive fan of RE5, and I can honestly say that if someone paid YOU $20, you still got a bad deal.

#31 Posted by Swoxx (2999 posts) -

@Atwa said:

Nope, I would get payed to play that game.

Max Payed?

#32 Posted by Yummylee (21625 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

Yeah. I enjoyed it for full price and that was before they patched the camera again and in the next patch they are also making QTEs optional which fixes right about everything with the campaigns. Mercs mode was already great.

Wait, seriously? What the Hell happens when a QTE happens then, like when you're climbing up that friggen rope or into the cargo plane? You just.. sit there and watch? I guess the removal of the QTE's is still preferable but... whatever. Taking out the QTE's would most certainly not fix everything with the campaigns in any case, it would just tip the scale in favour of more boring than frustrating.

#33 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@Yummylee said:

@Jack268 said:

Wait, seriously? What the Hell happens when a QTE happens then, like when you're climbing up that friggen rope or into the cargo plane? You just.. sit there and watch? I guess the removal of the QTE's is still preferable but... whatever. Taking out the QTE's would most certainly not fix everything with the campaigns in any case, it would just tip the scale in favour of more boring than frustrating.

Yeah, the QTEs basically become cutscenes instead. I don't know when enemies grab you and such if it means you'll instantly break out, that seems a bit lame. 

But yeah I'd definitely rather have seen the part where you're almost falling out of the plane as a cutscene instead of a QTE for example, but the part with the rope will be long winded and boring whether it's a QTE or not.
#34 Posted by NTM (7377 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@ArcHTecHGuY79: Personally, I bought the game for full price and really loved it so at that price its pretty much a steal.

Yep.

#35 Posted by NTM (7377 posts) -

@Cold_Wolven: No, it's totally fine.

#36 Posted by ike7779 (315 posts) -

I nabbed 3 games for around $20 this week and RE6 is far and away the best so far. I've only played through Leon's campaign but as a RE4 fanatic, this is really what I wanted RE5 to be.

Haven't had anything to complain about so the patches must have really changed things for the better. Hopefully the other campaigns don't sour my opinion too much.

#37 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3364 posts) -

That's like asking If buying Inversion for 20 dollars was a good deal.

#38 Posted by Torrim (330 posts) -

$20 is the price I've got in mind for when it hits a steam daily deal on PC. It was also that price on a amazon gold box deal and just recently an Xbox Games on Demand deal and goddammit I missed both of those.

I know I've heard it's terrible, but I do want to play it. Yeah, yeah, I know what I'm getting in to.

#39 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2294 posts) -

Personally I would have waited for it to be at least $15.

#40 Posted by JasonR86 (9700 posts) -

It's too late now dude.

#42 Posted by zenmastah (912 posts) -

Bought this thru Steam for 30e, kinda having second thoughts already and i havent even booted the game up yet..

sigh.

Atleast the QTEs are fixed and theres some mods on the works i hope..

#43 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I bought it for $20 a couple months ago and definitely thought it was worth it.......I loved the game 5 stars from me.

#44 Posted by Corvak (1071 posts) -

RE6 wasn't a good game at $60, but at $20 it's great.

#45 Posted by mbkgen (37 posts) -

Its far better than Raccoon city. I enjoyed it and think its worth its money. Well every 20$ of it :D

#46 Edited by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

Oh you didn't get payed 20 bucks to play? Yeah you got ripped off.

#47 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

I've been staunchly against supporting this game since forever, but I'm kind of curious. I've been successful in talking myself out of buying it so far, but a part of me just wants to play through it.

#48 Edited by IrrelevantJohn (1070 posts) -

Ahahahahahaha oh God no. I streamed this game on Twitch and even my viewers were upset by the time the game ended and they weren't upset at me but the game lol.

#49 Posted by MegaLombax (390 posts) -

You've already bought the game, so why ask for opinions? Honestly, at this point, you would be a better judge than anyone else. For what its worth, I thought the game was okay. I didn't think it was horrible or anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.