Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Early adopter impressions?

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By stryker1121

Thanks for the updates,

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#52  Edited By Yummylee

@razkazz said:

Also, @Yummylee: I've gotta know, are there still creepy readable documents in the environments?

Sorry, I musta missed this! And no unfortunately, literally no memo/diary/itchy tasty whatsoever I regret to say. There have been a few puzzles, but they were pitifully easy. Still, it was a welcome change of pace all the same. And at least the game exudes some self awareness concerning how simple the puzzles are, as Leon says ''Even a fifth grader could figure this out''

Anywhoo I also gave Mercenaries a whirl; apparently there's only 3 maps?? Least that's all that shows. One's unlocked from the outset whereas there are two clearly locked maps and... that's it. Thing is I also received codes as a preorder bonus for 3 additional merc maps, so I have to imagine there's so few because CAPCOM are planning on selling most of em as DLC. The Mercenaries mode itself is quintessential Mercenaries; 2 minute time limit, time bonuses to acquire throughout the map, kill combos, and you still receive bonus time for finishing enemies with melee attacks.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Yummylee

And for some inexplicable reason, RE6 features an underwater segment complete with a QTE boss battle against a giant underwater monster shark thing.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By bed

@Yummylee said:

And for some inexplicable reason, RE6 features an underwater segment complete with a QTE boss battle against a giant underwater monster shark thing.

is that during the Chris segment? it's just sounding better and better

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Bocam

@Yummylee said:

That just seems par for the course

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe
    @Yummylee said:

If it's anything close to this I will be satisfied.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Yummylee

@AjayRaz said:

@Yummylee said:

is that during the Chris segment? it's just sounding better and better

Nope, Leon's. I couldn't be bothered anymore with Chris' after about a half hour =/ But no, the underwater segment really wasn't all that great because when I say underwater segment, I mean you're literally swimming underwater. It wasn't particularly fun. Chapter 3 overall was still pretty good, though. It was primarily based within a series of Catacombs with traps, skeletons wrapped with dynamite (who does that?!) and rickety bridges; basically Resident Evil spliced with Indiana Jones... or, y'know, the RE5 Cave chapters.

RE6 appears to be getting easier and easier the more it goes on, however. I mean I'm constantly finding new weapons and you can carry them all at once; it's not quite like it was back in the beginning just with a pistol and a shotgun and so, so many zombies. Now at Chapter 4, I've just gone through one of the game's story intersections where Leon & Helena meet up with Jake & Sherry to fight Ustanak. That too wasn't all that fun. There's not much of a pattern to it besides continually shooting at the fucker. But actually shooting him feels like you're shooting a brick wall and it's very hard to tell just how much progress you're making.

I'm still enjoying Leon's campaign, it's just steadily starting to go downhill from here.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Yummylee

CAPCOM has also apparently gained some sort of new-found sympathy towards chickens, as this particular RE game won't let me kill them and steal their eggs.

EDIT: False alarm, the chickens are totally killable. No egg looting, however.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DoctorDanger99

resident evil sucks,they need to update everything! resident evil 5 sucks! they need to go back to basics! resident evil 6 sucks! they need to make it more like RE5!!

i know it cant be true but i swear video game fans are the most angry and depressing types of fans there are.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By bed

@Yummylee: man.. that doesn't sound so hot. i already had the demo to tell me that, but still. carrying all of your weapons doesn't sound like Resident Evil to me. in fact, i'm playing through Resident Evil 2 on my Vita currently and it's a lot more thrilling dealing with weapons and ammo shortage.

also, no egg looting? disappointing. i guess that means no rotten eggs to throw at enemy faces to kill them.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Yummylee

@DoctorDanger99: Hmmm. Nope, your trolling techniques still aren't quite there yet. But keep making more overly-reductive and moronic generalisations and I'm sure you're bound to improve!

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By M_Shini

The game handles pretty fun and i generally like it, not being able to "activate" zombies by shooting them is lame, and also theres a bunch of instances where an object like a car will burst into the environment with no warning and cover quite a or chance to dodge and will just run you over and kill you.

Aside from that, the game is solid and fun to play so far.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee said:

@razkazz said:

Also, @Yummylee: I've gotta know, are there still creepy readable documents in the environments?

Sorry, I musta missed this! And no unfortunately, literally no memo/diary/itchy tasty whatsoever I regret to say. There have been a few puzzles, but they were pitifully easy. Still, it was a welcome change of pace all the same. And at least the game exudes some self awareness concerning how simple the puzzles are, as Leon says ''Even a fifth grader could figure this out''

You do unlock documents and back-story through the Emblem's you destroy..

Also I tried the Infinite Ammo option and I believe its just you allow it so if other players who have unlocked it join they can use it

Also I didn't find Chris's chapter 1 so bad, the enemies and the low ammo you find where annoying and it defiantly wasn't as good as Leon's at all but it was alright and fighting the spider-men things was kinda cool (if not a chore by the end)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Genkkaku: How have you been enjoying the game? If I remember correctly you started a last night? (well last night for me in the states)
    razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#65  Edited By razkazz
    @Genkkaku: Thanks, that's good to know. Like a lot of other changes, it doesn't seem quite as awesome but I'm glad there's sort of something there to make up for it.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Yummylee: What platform are you playing on and how is it technically and graphically?
    Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Genkkaku

@Sackmanjones: Only managed to do chapter 1 of both Leon (started chapter 2 but jumped out at a point) and Chris before bed, Really enjoyed Leon's opening and wheres his may go, I enjoyed Chris's more than sopme people have, I thought I'd hate the action-ning of it but I didn't mind it to much by the back end of the chapter.. I really like it, more than I thought I would, was probably having more fun with 5 at this point but still want to see where it goes from here and what Jake's story is about.. But unfortunately I have work and can't jump back on till later..

@razkazz: Thats also how you unlock the figurines this time as well..

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By nightriff

@AjayRaz: How did you get RE2 on your Vita? I just got mine yesterday and it only allows me (out of the PS games I have) to put FF7 on it. Would like to finally play RE2 and 3 on the system if I could

@Yummylee: How many hours have you put into it? Kinda curious how long the game will actually be.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Genkkaku

@Nightriff: For me anyways it took a little over 2 hours for Leon's Ch1 and 1 hour for Chris's Chapter 1 and I believe theres 15 chapters total..

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nightriff

@Genkkaku: That is a lot longer than I would've thought if its around an hour per chapter. RE4 was like 14 hours first time and RE5 was like 8 or 9 first time

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bed

@Nightriff: NA only gets like, nine games to choose from if you want to download PSone game to your Vita. although i wasn't taking any of that and eventually found another, really unnecessary method of doing it. you need to download RE2 to your PS3 (if you have one) and without installing it, transfer it to your Vita where it'll install there.

if you don't have a PS3, then you're pretty much boned until Sony gets their shit together and let you download it straight to your Vita.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By nightriff

@AjayRaz: So delete it off my PS3, download it again, DON'T install, and how do you transfer it over to the Vita? The content manager only affects media (pics, movies) from what I saw, not games. It sucked because I had to re download LBP Portable and FF7 to the Vita

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Nightriff: The estimate I've seen a lot for people who have beaten the game are 7-10 hours for the 3 main campaigns and 5-6 for the other one. Its a meaty game and it does suck that there are really only 3 base mec maps, I'd rather have 30 hours of campaign.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Genkkaku: Thats good to hear and I agree that I could enjoy the actiony section of Chris. To me it feels natural, he is heading up the frontal attack on this incident and its gonna be actiony. Plus after getting used to the controls, rolling and diving while shooting enemies is a ton of fun. Still hoping that Chris's will get a bit more atmospheric but so far it sounds good. Now if Amazon would just send me the damn game... 

Also wanted to ask you the same question I asked @Yummylee, what system are you playin on and how is it graphically and technically?
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bed

@Nightriff: nono you don't have to delete your installed version. just download a new one, don't install it and connect your vita to your PS3 through the USB wire (should be part of your charging adaptor).

from there, go to content manager and i think it's "access applications on PS3" or something like that, and it'll be under "Playstation applications" or something like that. i honestly don't remember because it's all so poorly designed, but it's not too hard to find once your vita has access to the PS3.

you can't transfer games that have already been installed to your PS3. you need to download it again if you want to transfer em.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Genkkaku

@Sackmanjones said:

@Nightriff: The estimate I've seen a lot for people who have beaten the game are 7-10 hours for the 3 main campaigns and 5-6 for the other one. Its a meaty game and it does suck that there are really only 3 base mec maps, I'd rather have 30 hours of campaign.

Yeah I'm hoping that the fact's that there's 3 campaigns doesn't dilute the story because it's not as focused on 1 character as the last games have been, I so far anyways don't like the bigger/better approach to storytelling.. I liked the small story of 4.. 30 hours of RE man that'd be awesome

At least this time round Chris has a knife for a knife..

I have the Xbox copy and it looks pretty good, the Xbox demo was pretty representative, tho I didn't notice the Zombie/Enemy deformation stuff in the demo.. Shooting the chest and parts of the chest go, it's pretty cool to headshot now when you're tearing them apart.. The camera shake was also more pronounced in the demo and not as bad in the game as I've noticed

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee said:

@razkazz said:

You do unlock documents and back-story through the Emblem's you destroy..

Also I tried the Infinite Ammo option and I believe its just you allow it so if other players who have unlocked it join they can use it

Also I didn't find Chris's chapter 1 so bad, the enemies and the low ammo you find where annoying and it defiantly wasn't as good as Leon's at all but it was alright and fighting the spider-men things was kinda cool (if not a chore by the end)

1. Yes, but not during the campaign, which is what he was asking..
    2. And yes, it's already been cleared up earlier that I was wrong concerning the infinite ammo option.
    3. Finally... well, nothing else can be said there I guess. I still think what I have played of Chris' campaign was rather poor.

@Sackmanjones said:

@Yummylee: What platform are you playing on and how is it technically and graphically?

PS3, and it runs fine. Some occasional frame-rate drops, but nothing especially noticeable. Oh, and the graphics are... attractive. Some wonky animations here and there as already demonstrated by Conan :P But yeah, this game had a lot of money put behind it and it shows.

@Nightriff said:

@Yummylee: How many hours have you put into it? Kinda curious how long the game will actually be.

Each chapter is roughly around 1-2 hours long; 5 chapters per campaign; 4 campaigns! Trust me, this game's big. Compiling four campaigns, along with multiplayer (regardless of its quality, it's still in there) and Mercenaries ect., nobodies going to complain about the amount of value you get with RE6, believe me.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By nightriff

@AjayRaz: Thanks for the info, I'll play around with it tonight and try and get it to work.

Now back on topic

@Genkkaku: 30 hours of RE might be too much, 15 hours of RE4 was about perfect and I personally love REmake and 0 which were around 8 hours.

@Sackmanjones: I know Yummylee is on PS3, he stated that earlier, graphically I don't remember reading anything in the thread

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By nightriff

@Yummylee: Nobody will complain about quantity of the game, it's quality that will be up for debate. I wonder if the game will be as repayable as 4 and 5 were, 4 more so but 5 I replayed a handful of times.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee: Yeah sorry I read through the comment's but couldn't see the Infinite Ammo.. Yeah but thought I'd mention it anywasy, like 5 had the unlockable readable ones.. It doesn't play as well as I'd like but the moving while shooting and cover mechanics make it play fine, and I think it is inferior to Leon's segment in most ways but, I want to save that for last and it is the eventual end of what RE5 was to RE4..

How do you go with each dog encounter? I forgot I had a shotgun in the graveyard and ended almost every encounter with a dog almost dead

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Yummylee

@Nightriff said:

@Yummylee: Nobody will complain about quantity of the game, it's quality that will be up for debate. I wonder if the game will be as repayable as 4 and 5 were, 4 more so but 5 I replayed a handful of times.

Well there's ranks to attain and all that, so that alone could inspire replay value. Though there's no guns you can buy, nor even upgrade, there's still a lot of expensive Skills in there that would require quite a bit of grinding to afford more than likely. Besides that you've still got two different characters per campaign as well. But frankly when you've got a game that's spanning around 25-30 hours, whether or not it has any replay value isn't so much of an issue :P

Plus Mercenaries is always there, though with a noticeable shortage of maps, however...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Yummylee

@Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee: Yeah sorry I read through the comment's but couldn't see the Infinite Ammo.. Yeah but thought I'd mention it anywasy, like 5 had the unlockable readable ones.. It doesn't play as well as I'd like but the moving while shooting and cover mechanics make it play fine, and I think it is inferior to Leon's segment in most ways but, I want to save that for last and it is the eventual end of what RE5 was to RE4..

How do you go with each dog encounter? I forgot I had a shotgun in the graveyard and ended almost every encounter with a dog almost dead

Yeah, the dogs can be a bastard. They're pretty easy to avoid once you get that dive maneuver nailed down, though. Far as I can tell you're invincible for like a split-second when you're going through the animation, so it's an absolute life saver.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee: Oh yeah I kept forgetting there is a dodge/dive mechanic, I'll have to give that a shot.. You tried Jake's campaign yet? As long as his isn't constantly running from the guy from the demo then that'll be more interesting than Chris's

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Yummylee

Also just completed Leon's chapter 4. The Boss battle was pretty fun, even if again much like with Ustanak, there's not a whole lot of feedback for when you're doing damage to it. Though what I really liked about Chapter 4 is another story intersection that brought in Chris & Piers.

So Leon & Helena are in one room whereas Chris & Piers in the opposite--they're both completely oblivious to each other at this point, too--and to get out of their own respective prison they each need to hack this computer. However, there are these weird little droid things that explode, so I had to safeguard Leon by shooting the things away, but that's all I could do - deter them. Thing is shooting them invariably leads them to heading into Chris' area, who is going through the same situation, so it was a clever mix of semi-competitive play as we're both inadvertently shooting the little robots into each other's room so our partner can hack the door open.

@Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee: Oh yeah I kept forgetting there is a dodge/dive mechanic, I'll have to give that a shot.. You tried Jake's campaign yet? As long as his isn't constantly running from the guy from the demo then that'll be more interesting than Chris's

Nah, not yet. I'm probably at least going to get Leon's outta the way first before I move on to any others. Only reason I headed in to Chris' campaign was just to see if perhaps the full game's J'avo-based combat was better than it was in the demos.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Genkkaku

@Yummylee: Ahhkay fair.. I think I'll save Leon's for last because his seems the most interesting.. Have you unlocked any of the lower skills to see what they might be

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Genkkaku said:

@Yummylee: Ahhkay fair.. I think I'll save Leon's for last because his seems the most interesting.. Have you unlocked any of the lower skills to see what they might be

Have you been playing Chris's? How do you think Jake's is? That one seems to be the most mixed by people who have the game
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Yummylee

OK, I'm up to what I have to assume is the end boss for Leon's story. And it's fucking awful. In fact the villain himself is kinda shit, too... he just keeps on coming back again and again, and the boss battles themselves are always far too long. Leon's campaign has frankly started to take a complete nosedive during Chapter 5.

EDIT: Right, it's done. Ending was pretty meh. But I imagine they all will besides Ada's, which will most probably feature the 'final' ending of the game.

EDIT2: Elo elo, after-credits bonus. Alright, that was somewhat more satisfying in closing up Leon's story. Still just need to complete the other three to come to a final judgment concerning the story.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By foggel

Labeling oneself as an "early adopter" reminds me of Phil in Modern Family. I don't mean to say there's anything wrong with it, but the associations towards that term is more on the comical side.

After trying the demo, and reading these impressions, I've decided to wait until the price drops.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BBQBram

I'm really on the fence; I loved RE4 and, to a certain extent, 5. This seems to have what I want (more variety in the environments, atmosphere, Leon, actual darkness) and what I don't want (generic action, convoluted globe-trekking plot, wonky camera and controls). Thing is, I'd really like a new game to play this week while waiting for Dishonored to drop. However, if I save my money I could get both Dishonored and XCOM next friday. I played the demo a few times, and it really didn't help me make up my mind, as it was equally exciting and frustrating.

Ah well, I've got until Tuesday to decide.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Yummylee What did you think overall? Sounds like it was pretty good with a few missteps, the biggest being the prologue.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#91  Edited By Daveyo520

I know I should really get this day one but I have so many games I need to play. I can't put off more. But Leon...

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @BBQBram I was too but I've decided to get it. There is a great thread on gaf with a lot of great impressions on it. Just be weary you may have to dodge a few spoilers but people are pretty good at pointing em out.

Dusk golem gave the best impressions on the thread I think.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Yummylee

@Sackmanjones said:

@Yummylee What did you think overall? Sounds like it was pretty good with a few missteps, the biggest being the prologue.

Of Leon's? Strong start, but it all starts to fizzle nearing the end. And it can't work without the other campaigns because of its length and the story is of course purposely abstracted here and there. One such strand is annoyingly enough still left unresolved, being the Leon & Ada arc. However, because I've only seen one side to the story I can't throw around such judgements as of yet. I've got to play through em all and then decide where this game stands with me. In all honesty I'm envisioning a 3 star user-review...

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#94  Edited By Zleunamme

A question I have is that anybody who has played the demo or the full game. Have changed the brightness of their TVs? The game display is too dark to see anything and I had to adjust the brightness setting on my tv. Just wondering.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Klei

I always loved RE5, as much as 4, and never understood why people complained. They wanted to get rid of the tank controls.

And now, we have RE6. And now people like RE5 again. I'm not talking about you TC but gamers in general.

I really loved RE4 and really hated RE5 because RE5 lost any semblance of a sense of dread or fear. I never once felt like I was in danger because if I got grabbed The Incredible Chris-Hulk would punch the enemies into the stratosphere and I have no desire to play the series if it continues to go down that path, which is sad because I've really loved RE since 2.
    ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#96  Edited By ProfessorK

@MariachiMacabre: As opposed to Leon roundhousing and suplexing the villagers? If that's what you didn't like about 5 then why did you like 4?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @ProfessorK

@MariachiMacabre: As opposed to Leon roundhousing and suplexing the villagers? If that's what you didn't like about 5 then why did you like 4?

Because I still felt vulnerable most of the time for whatever reason. The addition of a co-op AI was also a major factor in my dislike of RE5.
    JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By JackOhara

The more I hear about this game the less it sounds like a Resident Evil game

Soap_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Soap_of_Death

@Yummylee said:

OK, I'm up to what I have to assume is the end boss for Leon's story. And it's fucking awful. In fact the villain himself is kinda shit, too... he just never keeps on coming back again and again, and the boss battles themselves are always far too long. Leon's campaign has frankly started to take a complete nosedive during Chapter 5.

That's a pretty good summary of how I felt after finishing Leon's campaign, I couldn't believe how often you had to fight that boss.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Capcom must have the best video editors in the business cause RE6 had some great trailers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.