Get ''three new game modes first on Xbox Live''.

#1 Edited by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

Surprise! The 360 exclusive DLC deals rages on! And after all of CAPCOM's obvious favouritism towards the 360 already (or rather the additional money microsoft enjoy throwing their way), naturally Resident Evil 6's 360 version will be locking down some exclusive content. At least temporarily, I guess? And they haven't even specified what these 'modes' are anyway yet. Whatever, it's a bunch of fucking suck all the same.

Oh right, double surprise! Another Resident Evil 6 trailer!

I guess I kinda like this one since it's focussing on RE6's supposedly grim story, and they've been trying to portray this idea that the Resident Evil-verse is in some hard times for a while now, with the recurring motif of ''No Hope Left'' and all. And hey, I'm still actually looking forward to the story of it all, if only because this could finally be an RE game where we get some goddamn heroic sacrifices going on; a Resident Evil game where perhaps one or two major players will actually die for once--discrediting Steve Burnside... sorta. Given Chris' new self-loathing, drunken, sexist (of all the years...) outlook on life, I have to imagine that he's most likely who they're setting up to fall. It would be rather fitting, since Chris is the guy from the very beginning, so if this could actually finish up the current canon of the series, it'd be a bittersweet send off for Redfield to finally get his wish and end all of this B.O.W. malarkey. At the cost of his own life of course, because, y'know, heroic sacrifice and all that what what.

I do find it rather funny that this trailer focusses on the implied melancholy of RE6's fiction, only to then sneak a ''psst, 360 exclusive shit!'' at the end.

#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Eh, I wouldn't call leaving out an entire mode of SFXT out in the 360 port because programming for it is apparently hard "favoritism". But yes, I'm presuming a lot of money is flowing from Microsoft to Capcom for favours like this. You gotta wonder when Microsoft will realize people care about exclusive games, not timed exclusive DLC.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

Eh, I wouldn't call leaving out an entire mode of SFXT out in the 360 port because programming for it is apparently hard "favoritism". But yes, I'm presuming a lot of money is flowing from Microsoft to Capcom for favours like this. You gotta wonder when Microsoft will realize people care about exclusive games, not timed exclusive DLC.

I was more so talking about the temporary exclusivity for the first RE6 demo (lol) and the 360 exclusive multiplayer mode in Operation Raccoon City.

#4 Edited by GunstarRed (5296 posts) -

It sucks for people that get it on the PS3, but it's probably just going to be terrible versus modes of some kind. The game and Mercenaries will probably be all you need in the long run. Does anyone even play the awful versus modes in 5 anymore?

Edit - You know deep down the melancholy is all a lie. You should admit to yourself now that it's all about exploding planes, hanging off helicopters and motorbike chases whilst they all high five and fistbump each other... There really is no hope left.

#5 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

It sucks for people that get it on the PS3, but it's probably just going to be terrible versus modes of some kind. The game and Mercenaries will probably be all you need in the long run. Does anyone even play the awful versus modes in 5 anymore?

Yeah, I agree. And I guess there's still that Agent Hunt rubbish as well to tide people over. It's just the business practise itself that's ugh. I'm not exactly riveted at the idea of potentially paying for more RE6 gameplay anyway. That is unless they suddenly announce that the Ada Wong campaign is one of the three... Naaaaaah, even CAPCOM wouldn't be that slimy and deplorable.

#6 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

If the game has guns/shooting it, Capcom are going to get buddy with MS for more western attention. Seems like it's been that way since 09 at the latest.

#7 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@ExplodeMode said:

If the game has guns/shooting it, Capcom are going to get buddy with MS for more western attention. Seems like it's been that way since 09 at the latest.

Yeah, i know. As I said this is hardly surprising, but I just can't help but cringe a little every time yet another one of their deals pops up.

#8 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

Edit - You know deep down the melancholy is all a lie. You should admit to yourself now that it's all about exploding planes, hanging off helicopters and motorbike chases whilst they all high five and fistbump each other... There really is no hope left.

You shut your whore mouth! This is all I've got left!

#9 Posted by DarthOrange (3866 posts) -

Fucking Microsoft. I have all the main RE games on PlayStation consoles, and on PlayStation I will continue to buy them. Didn't RE5 sell way better on PS3? What the fuck is Capcom thinking?

#10 Posted by GunstarRed (5296 posts) -

@Yummylee:

This is a not-in-any-way-photoshopped screenshot of one of the exclusive modes.

#11 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

@GunstarRed: It's survival horror because you have to not die.

#12 Posted by falserelic (5464 posts) -

For some reason I have a feeling that RE6 is going to have a sad ending.

#13 Posted by Zacagawea (1599 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

Fucking Microsoft. I have all the main RE games on PlayStation consoles, and on PlayStation I will continue to buy them. Didn't RE5 sell way better on PS3? What the fuck is Capcom thinking?

That they are going to get paid?

#14 Posted by believer258 (11989 posts) -

@falserelic said:

For some reason I have a feeling that RE6 is going to have a sad ending.

I'd say it looks pretty sad thus far.

Note that I said looks - I'm aware that the game might turn out a whole lot better than I'm expecting it to. But everything I've seen so far looks uninteresting, plus the camera angle on characters still looks really, really, really bad.

#15 Posted by DarthOrange (3866 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

@DarthOrange said:

That they are going to get paid?

lol yea I posted my gut reaction. It makes since that they would want to get more people to buy on the 360. They already have the PS3 players by the balls.

#16 Posted by Lukeweizer (2706 posts) -

Capcom isn't the only accepting deals like this from MS. Still doesn't make it any better, though.

#17 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

@Yummylee:

AHA! That's a fake! And you want to know how I found out? Because it says ''Press 4'' for the PREDATOR MISSILE and the DLC is 360 exclusive. Better luck next time....

kiddo!

#18 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

Think of this way 360 exclusive games are a barren wasteland of generic trash.

#19 Posted by shivermetimbers (780 posts) -

All we need now is for some bullshit Kinect gimmick and we have the perfect Xbox experience.

*Better with Kinect for Xbox 360!*

#20 Posted by LazyChan (13 posts) -

Eh, the 360 library is pretty solid. Personally I was never a fan of console exclusive content but that's the direction the game industry has headed. As long as the exclusive stuff is throwaway and not too important then it shouldn't be a big deal.

#21 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@Yummylee: Cry me a river. Sony does the same shit. Street Fighter vs Tekken exclusive chars are just one example. (Not that I care for either game)

#22 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@CptBedlam: Your point? I would have made the exact same thread if this was an announcement for Sony-paid RE6 exclusives, albeit with some legitimate surprise given the 360 is currently the franchise's new leading platform. It would still suck regardless.

#23 Edited by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@Yummylee: Of course it's bullshit either way. But you made it sound like it's only MS who is paying 3rd party devs for exclusive stuff. You should primarily blame Capcom for whoring themselves out like that.

#24 Posted by supertuna (82 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@Yummylee: Cry me a river. Sony does the same shit. Street Fighter vs Tekken exclusive chars are just one example. (Not that I care for either game)

Exactly.

Besides, even as a huge fan of past RE games, I'll still be too busy playing Borderlands 2 when this comes out.

#25 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@CptBedlam: If you mean the line ''The 360 exclusive DLC deals rages on!'', again, I was specifically talking about their prior Resident Evil exclusivity stuff.

#26 Posted by Thrashmarshall (9 posts) -

It would be kinda nice for long time fans if Resi seriously impacted it's own narrative in 6. I mean besides the whole end of Wesker thing, all the main protagonists are alive and well. Chris is the right choice if we have to say bye to one of them, the dude has been in it from the start and his death would probably have the most impact. Kill Chris, make Leon president and then give us the Barry and Billy spin off game!

#27 Edited by DarthOrange (3866 posts) -

They have descriptions for the game modes on IGN:

• Survivors Mode will let players respawn as enemies when they’re killed and attack humans. Killing two characters will allow players to respawn as a human, and the last man or team standing wins.
  • Predator Mode has one player take the role of the Ustanak, a “fearsome B.O.W.” that other players will have to try to kill. Players will have to try to kill the Ustanak before time runs out, “or at least survive until the end of the session.”
  • Siege Mode will have two teams (one human, one enemy) and a single non-playable character. The human team will be tasked with protecting the NPC, while the other team will try to kill them. If the NPC is still alive when the game ends, the human team wins.

Looks like poop to me. I will not support poop DLC and therefore will not support this. I'll stick to mercenaries.

#28 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@DarthOrange: Yeah, they're not looking so enticing. I'm mostly just in it for RE6's story at this point, so frankly I'm happy that the three are just some meh multiplayer modes and not something to do with the campaign(s).

#29 Posted by Solh0und (1798 posts) -

This bothers me none. Seeing that I'm only interested in Campaign and Mercs

#30 Posted by ThePhantomStranger (377 posts) -

@Thrashmarshall said:

It would be kinda nice for long time fans if Resi seriously impacted it's own narrative in 6. I mean besides the whole end of Wesker thing, all the main protagonists are alive and well. Chris is the right choice if we have to say bye to one of them, the dude has been in it from the start and his death would probably have the most impact. Kill Chris, make Leon president and then give us the Barry and Billy spin off game!

Spin off series based off of the west wing and a quentin tarantino version of Air Force One in 3, 2, 1...

#31 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@Yummylee: you have no idea how evil CAPCOM can truly be. i once saw CAPCOM eat a baby.

that said, i fucking LOVE CAPCOM. im even thinking of getting a CAPCOM tattoo

#32 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99: Try harder.

#33 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

@Yummylee:

LOL!!!

#34 Posted by Zleunamme (686 posts) -

I look forward to Resident Evil 6 but I'm not surprised about the Xbox exclusive. The only way to play the demo months early was to own Dragon's Dogma on 360. Capcom has done bad job releasing DLC in the last few years. Their No Hope Left viral marketing campaign is lame. Capcom loves money and wants everybody to give them more.

#35 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@Yummylee: what?i really do love capcom that much.

#36 Posted by EXTomar (4843 posts) -

When I see something like this, my mind automatically rearranges it to "Three reasons to not buy the game at all since it isn't on the platform want".

#37 Posted by Jaytow (703 posts) -

HOW DARE XBOX PAY FOR EXCLUSIVE DLC!!! Sony have never paid for exclusives. Ps3 fans seriously need to get off their fucking high horse.

#38 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

This just makes me dislike the xbox even more

#39 Posted by Yummylee (22046 posts) -

@Jaytow said:

HOW DARE XBOX PAY FOR EXCLUSIVE DLC!!! Sony have never paid for exclusives. Ps3 fans seriously need to get off their fucking high horse.

lol

Your point? I would have made the exact same thread if this was an announcement for Sony-paid RE6 exclusives, albeit with some legitimate surprise given the 360 is currently the franchise's new leading platform. It would still suck regardless.

If you mean the line ''The 360 exclusive DLC deals rages on!'', again, I was specifically talking about their prior Resident Evil exclusivity stuff.

But no seriously, jump to conclusions some more, it always makes for a good laugh.

#40 Posted by EXTomar (4843 posts) -

@Jaytow said:

No it is more like "I was thinking about grabbing it on the PS3 but now that I know it is in the inferior version then I won't bother and play some DOTA2 instead".

#41 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

the reason microsoft gets so many exclusives is because people pay for xbox live. alot of people dont seem to realize that. when you pay for xbox live your not just getting a online service,your paying microsoft to get exclusives for games like skyrim,cod and re6. its fine not to like it but i also like knowing im getting content before other people do. i just wish people understood that. sure,360 owners dont get awesome games like last of us or uncharted but they also get exclusive content which is great as well.

#42 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

aww that sucks. o well it's exclusive for like a month.

now they just need a "great experience with kinect" on it.

crapcom should make a kinect resident evil exclusive.

#43 Edited by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99 said:

but i also like knowing im getting content before other people do. i just wish people understood that. sure,360 owners dont get awesome games like last of us or uncharted but they also get exclusive content which is great as well.

Yeah, no. I only care about when I get stuff, not about others getting it later. That'd be ridiculously childish. And I'm not okay with MS investing my dollars into buying timed exclusives when they could fund real games instead. And that is why I stopped giving MS my money for the clusterfuck that is XBL nowadays.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.