Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

How much is 70 to 85% the length of RE5?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I suck at math I guess, but I was just wondering, I mean, of course for Resident Evil 5 it totally depends because you can beat the game under five hours (there's even an achievement for it), but what's the typical length of that game, and what would 70 to 85 percent of that length be? I heard that's how long each separate campaign for the characters in RE6 is going to be. So with that, roughly how long will Resident Evil 6 be if that's true? Hopefully that question makes sense, or I asked it correctly. Also, watch this video for anyone that's interested or hasn't seen it yet over at GameSpot.

Edit - 70 to 80 percent.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran

I'm gonba say we're probably looking at a 15-20 hour game if that's the case.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@DoctorTran: If it is true, that'd be nice I think.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By John1912

That sounds like 12-15 hours. So about 6 per? Meaning you could prob beat both in 5-6 hours in a speed run.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

On average RE5 is probably an eight hour game, and each of RE6's campaigns are probably 4-6 hours each. Eiichiro Sasaki has said that altogether, compiling all of the campaigns (which may also count the rumoured fourth Ada Wong campaign), that it's 30 or so hours in total. No doubt an exaggeration for the sake of hype, but there;s going to be a lot of content in RE6 regardless when you also add in the mercenaries mode and the additional competitive stuff.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Geno

RE5 is about 6-8 hrs. 

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ADarkMatter

Is it just me or does the aiming/reticle or something is wrong on this game, I don't know, I noticed it first during the E3 demo it looks to me like the shooting is off, way less satisfying than how it was back in RE4 and 5, maybe I'll have to wait until I play the game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

@ADarkMatter: Yeah, it looks a little weird, but I'm sure when you play it it'll be different.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@ADarkMatter said:

Is it just me or does the aiming/reticle or something is wrong on this game, I don't know, I noticed it first during the E3 demo it looks to me like the shooting is off, way less satisfying than how it was back in RE4 and 5, maybe I'll have to wait until I play the game.

There's an option to use the classic laser-sight from RE4/RE5 if you so choose; you can even customise the colour in fact. Unfortunately, depressingly, after trying out both the reticule and laser the reticule actually fits the game more. The camera doesn't serve the laser-sight all too well from my experience and it's clear why CAPCOM are promoting the game with the default reticule in mind.

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ADarkMatter
    @Yummylee said:

@ADarkMatter said:

There's an option to use the classic laser-sight from RE4/RE5 if you so choose; you can even customise the colour in fact. Unfortunately, depressingly, after trying out both the reticule and laser the reticule actually fits the game more. The camera doesn't serve the laser-sight all too well from my experience and it's clear why CAPCOM are promoting the game with the default reticule in mind.

Those are terrible news, well at least they are trying to do something new, I hope that the gameplay clicks with me when I try it out because I really liked the way RE4 and 5 felt and the gunplay was so satisfying.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Also, here's something on Resident Evil: Damnation, which I can't say I'm too excited about 'cause Degeneration was pretty boring. Something does catch my attention though, why is Ashley's voice at the end (at 1:00)? I think it sounds like her, but is she really in it, is it a different character, or is Leon just remembering back to earlier times with Ashley?

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By biggiedubs

@NTM: I don't think I have ever been less pumped for a trailer in my entire life. That film looks awful.

Any idea if the big dude is Mr X, Nemesis or some new guy? Not that it actually matters of course.

I don't really know why Ashely's voice is in it, and I can't really tell when this game is set. In between 4 and 6? Maybe she's going to be an annoying sidekick or something, or they're just trying to get RE fans excited because they know it's a terrible trailer. Who knows. By the way, has there been a hard confirm / deny whether or not Ashley will be in RE6?

And I don't really want to play a Resident Evil game for 15-20. Especially if I've got to do around 6 of it with the generic third person shooting style of Chris and / or Wesker Jr.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VierasTalo
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By FateOfNever

I don't give developers throwing out numbers as meaning much. For example, if it's 70% as long, but 50% of it's total length is spent doing 'survival'/'stand-off' rooms where you do nothing but stand in one spot and shoot dudes as they come at you, that would be awful and wouldn't make the game feel that long while giving substantially less content (that's not to say that's what RE6 is, but it's an example of how they can throw out time numbers and give an impression that is misleading to what the actual experience of the game may be.)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By musubi

It just depresses me that even if RE6 has tons of content that most of it is going to be passable. Sigh....Really wish I could get behind this game. Demo just bums be out.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JasonR86

Well I beat RE 5 in about 6-7 hours. 100% of that would be 12-14 hours. So maybe 8-10 ish hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.