I Can't Figure Out Brad...

• 83 results
#1 Edited by algertman (852 posts) -

...On the Quicklook.

Is Brad actually that bad or was he playing horribly on purpose? Did he not ever think to look at the menus to see what the controls were? It looks like at the end he deliberately misses shooting the dog. That quick look is bizarre. He claims to have dumped, I think, 12+ hours in it and he's playing like he never touched the game.

This isn't about the quality of the game. This is about the Quick Look.

#2 Posted by Strife777 (1573 posts) -

I don't think he was that bad. Missing the dog a dozen times at the end was pretty awful, but overall, it seemed more like the game was the problem.

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5321 posts) -

I watched the quick look and I can't remember if he played poorly or not. Maybe it's the pressure of playing in front of a camera but I can't remember it being that bad.

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

Well, he does have a reputation for being "bad" at games, whether he deserves it or not.

#5 Posted by Scrawnto (2445 posts) -

There was also that whole thing where they said the game plays like garbage, so maybe that had something to do with it.

#6 Posted by Karkarov (3098 posts) -

Well he had complaints about the games handling and when you are recording your footage you can run into a minute delay which most of the time is no biggy but in twitch moments can bite you on the ass. In some respects it was also clear he was frustrated with the game and not having fun. It is hard to be adept at something when playing it isn't fun and irritates you.

#7 Posted by wjb (1661 posts) -

He's getting paid off. It's a conspiracy.

#8 Posted by ripelivejam (3920 posts) -

did you really have to make a thread for this?

#9 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

IM SO GOOD AT PLAYING VIDYA GAMES OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE IT WHEN SOMEONE DOESNT PLAY AS WELL AS I DO.  HOLY SHIT THEY SHOULD HIRE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  I WOULDVE SPENT 30 HOUR PLAYING RESIDENT EVIL 6.   

This is what I read whenever people criticize Brad on how he plays video games.  

#10 Posted by handlas (2678 posts) -

mmm based on the demo I remember missing zombies quite a bit even tho I was clearly aiming directly at them. So I see no problem with his playing in the quicklook. Perhaps the problem is the game? I mean... you see him shoot a zombie at one point that disappears in front of him down a ladder.

#11 Posted by ripelivejam (3920 posts) -

by all accounts brad plays much better than me overall (he definitely spends a lot more time playing games than i do, i'm sure)

#12 Posted by TheHT (11225 posts) -

Brad was purposefully playing bad because he was butthurt about not getting invited to the Capcom party.

#13 Posted by IBurningStar (2171 posts) -

How long until we have a thread that declares that Brad's review is wrong and HE IS JUST BAD AT GAMES AND YOU SHOULD TOTALLY REREVIEW THE GAME BECAUSE THE SCORE IS WRONG AND LOST PLANET 2 WAS A GOOD GAME TOO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS RAWR!!!!

#14 Posted by Barrock (3531 posts) -

The aiming in RE6 is shit. Brad isn't to blame.

#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I think after the dog got him down and out, he checked out and stopped trying. Before that he was playing fine, well... he looked like he was trying to do things, but the game was very picky and choosey about when it would let him do those things.

#16 Posted by The_Nubster (2129 posts) -

Brad is, by no means, the world's best RE player, and he doesn't claim to be. But even if he misses some easy shots (not like you ever do that, you handsome and talented man, you), there were clearly parts of that game that were broken, or poorly made. The zombie disappearing down the ladder, for one. Running out of ammo while fighting enemies that aren't susceptible to melee while using a character whose focus is melee combat. Enemies which respawn infinitely and have invincible frames, like in Leon's campaign. Several times as Jake he was hit by an explosion caused by who-the-fuck-knows-what. Framerate issues. QTE instant-kills missing. And mentions missing zombies he was aiming at, which I can back up; the laser/reticule in that game is swimmy and unstable in the game.

You can shove that on Brad all you want, but the game has issues. Brad isn't the only one being sour about the game, and many of the people who don't like it are having the same problems as he is.

#17 Posted by Hunter5024 (5667 posts) -

Attempting to decipher the enigma of Bradley Shoemaker would unravel the mind itself, so I suggest you stop now.

#18 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

#TeamBrad

#19 Edited by aceofspudz (938 posts) -

I think Brad just didn't care about Resident Evil 6, and didn't attach any value to trying to do well because he was already sick of it.

#20 Posted by MrSlapHappy (182 posts) -

He was just frustrated and irritated, thats it. I am sure he is a decent enough player. Besides, he was replaying a section he had already played, that he had previously disliked, going through it while talking to two different people, on camera, trying to explain what he doesn't like about the game in terms other than "this games blows." You don't like it, don't watch it.

#21 Posted by EXTomar (4711 posts) -

So why not complain about Patrick as well? He seems to have played a bunch of it and seems to agree with a lot of the points Brad makes.

#22 Posted by Arrangers (15 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

Well he had complaints about the games handling and when you are recording your footage you can run into a minute delay which most of the time is no biggy but in twitch moments can bite you on the ass. In some respects it was also clear he was frustrated with the game and not having fun. It is hard to be adept at something when playing it isn't fun and irritates you.

Pretty much this I think.

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9694 posts) -

@algertman said:

...On the Quicklook.

Is Brad actually that bad or was he playing horribly on purpose? Did he not ever think to look at the menus to see what the controls were? It looks like at the end he deliberately misses shooting the dog. That quick look is bizarre. He claims to have dumped, I think, 12+ hours in it and he's playing like he never touched the game.

I bet he was probably playing horrible on purpose. Clearly.

#24 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@algertman said:

...On the Quicklook.

After making no less than 10 comments on the Quick Look, you went and made this thread. That's really desperate, man. Now don't go look at the Gamespot review or you might have a heart attack. Ha ! Ha !

#25 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Grissefar said:

@algertman said:

...On the Quicklook.

After making no less than 10 comments on the Quick Look, you went and made this thread. That's really desperate, man. Now don't go look at the Gamespot review or you might have a heart attack. Ha ! Ha !

EXPOSED  
#26 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@Grissefar said:

@algertman said:

...On the Quicklook.

EXPOSED

Hot

#27 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4350 posts) -

lol

#28 Posted by ajamafalous (11988 posts) -
@MrSlapHappy said:

You don't like it, don't watch it.

Your post was going well until you said this, which happens to be the dumbest case anyone has ever tried to make to support anything ever.
#29 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

No no no, you guys are all dismissing too quickly here! I think he might have seriously stumbled onto some Illuminati type shit here man!! Someone bust out the cyphers!!!!!

A stupid .jpg dream - or the terrifying reality in which we live???

#revealthetruth

#30 Posted by spankingaddict (2668 posts) -

He's a puzzle .

#31 Posted by Milkman (16771 posts) -

Oh cool, another "Brad is bad at games" thread. These never get old. #teambrad

#32 Posted by Castiel (2598 posts) -

God it must be getting old, you know working on this site, and constantly seeing threads like this.

I think Brad did fine, I'm also not the biggest fan of the controls or how the shooting feels, so I get where he is coming from. RE 6 is a very divisive game and I could probably get good at it, but I just don't want to anymore. For the last couple of years RE has felt a little outdated and there are simply better controlling games out there, that are much more fun to play imo.

Some will say that the "bad" and awkward controls is part of the RE series, well then if that is the case I just don't care about RE anymore.

#33 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

Brad is bad at games. This is known.

#34 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

The game I like can't be bad! It must be the person playing it that sucks! There's no way the game franchise that I love could ever put out a bad game!

#35 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5428 posts) -

Brad is not particularly good at Resident Evil in general if you watch the RE4 quick look, or the 3DS mercenaries quick look it's not hard to see. Now to be fair in RE5 you could basically play like a dumbass and eventually get infinite ammunition so maybe that's just an aftereffect of that (though the game still rewarded intelligent usage of melee).

#36 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

Have you played the game?

#37 Posted by geirr (2561 posts) -

Brad.

#38 Edited by Chaser324 (6507 posts) -

I've heard multiple reviewers complain about the aiming in the game, many of them saying that it forces you to rely often rely on melee. In my own experience with the demo, I recall having a lot of difficulty with aiming and would often just run at guys and pound on the right trigger.

Add into it that Brad is frustrated as hell with this game and is known to not necessarily perform all that well in public gameplay demos...I really don't think he was intentionally playing poorly.

#39 Posted by Nightriff (5074 posts) -

Just watched the QL, he was fine, he doesn't enjoy playing the game and he is also talking to people, it is hard to talk about a game while you are playing it.

#40 Edited by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Castiel said:

God it must be getting old, you know working on this site, and constantly seeing threads like this.

Yep, agreed. First course they teach you in journalism is apparently having a thick skin, because I would never be able to shrug off constant shit like this. It seems that every other day a loud, obnoxious minority is spewing shit over something new; anything from games being scored too high / too low, people reviewing games not knowing how to play "properly", and generally just acting like total dicks about everything.

Internet is anonymous, we get that, but just because you can act like a dick, doesn't mean you should act like a dick.

#41 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

@Castiel said:

Yep, agreed. First course they teach you in journalism is apparently having a thick skin, because I would never be able to shrug off constant shit like this. It seems that every other day a loud, obnoxious minority is spewing shit over something new; anything from games being scored too high / too low, people reviewing games not knowing how to play "properly", and generally just acting like total dicks about everything.

Internet is anonymous, we get that, but just because you can act like a dick, doesn't mean you should act like a dick.

It's a gaming press and review site. Journalism has nothing to do with it. Same with every other game related site.

#42 Posted by TheVideoHustler (406 posts) -

I don't think that Brad is as "God awful" as everyone believes.

A lot of people play like him, Hell I know that I'm not Jeff when it comes to shooters. I'm fucking terrible, especially online.

#43 Posted by TwoLines (2810 posts) -

Oh. This thread again. Great.

#44 Posted by BSw (252 posts) -

@algertman said:

@Cincaid said:

@Castiel said:

It's a gaming press and review site. Journalism has nothing to do with it. Same with every other game related site.

Really? Press and journalism are unrelated? Could have fooled me.

#45 Posted by Daiphyer (1337 posts) -

Fuck off, I am with #TeamBrad

#46 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

#TeamBrad forever

#47 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Have you played this game, its fucking terrible and really hard work to play, I can see exactly why he got into the problems that he did and I understand his opinions too.

#48 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

@BSw said:

@algertman said:

@Cincaid said:

@Castiel said:

Really? Press and journalism are unrelated? Could have fooled me.

They can be completely unrelated.

#49 Posted by voltan (103 posts) -

I would love to see you play on camera and talk at the same time. Then we would see how good you are.

#50 Posted by stryker1121 (1434 posts) -

Another one of these threads. Conspiracies abound in Giant Bomb Town, obviously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.