Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Is the full release really that awful?

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By xshinobi

I have played the demo a few times and I really enjoyed it and I'm wondering if the demo isn't a true representation of the final release given all the poor feedback it has been receiving. Is the game really that bad of a train wreck? I think the controls and shooting is way better than RE5.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

There is a quicklook, a review on this site and most, if not all, major review sites have their opinions up. Watch all that and make up your own mind

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TruthTellah

@Xshinobi: Oscar's right on this one. There is plenty of content out there about it. A lot of people dislike it, but some people on here like and/or tolerate it. I'd check out the Quick Look and maybe give it a rental if you can.

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xshinobi

I have read the review and watched the QL. That is mainly why I'm asking I wanted to get some feedback from other giantbombers who have played the final release and how it compares to the demo. I would rent if it was a option but as it stands I just wanted some user feedback on the final product.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By M_Shini

Rent it if possible since theres a bunch of people that like it, and plenty of peeps that hate it.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By MEATBALL

@Xshinobi said:

I have played the demo a few times and I really enjoyed it and I'm wondering if the demo isn't a true representation of the final release given all the poor feedback it has been receiving. Is the game really that bad of a train wreck? I think the controls and shooting is way better than RE5.

If you enjoyed the demo I think you're pretty safe with the full game. My personal experience with the game hasn't been as bad as Brad and Patrick's, it has problems but can also be really fun at times.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Wemibelle

The second I played it for myself, I knew that I hated the way it controlled. It just feels bad, at least to me it does. If you enjoyed the demo, you might like the game. It sounds like the more frustrating parts come later on though, so you may want to take that into consideration.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TruthTellah

@Xshinobi: If you loved the demo, then give it a shot. If -possible-, I'd rent it. I am not a fan of the game. It just feels muddled and half-baked. It's like they spent tons of money on making a kind of bad game look amazing.

But, again, I know people who do enjoy it. So, if the demo intrigued you, I'd rent it. You should know within a hour or two if it's for you.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones

I enjoyed the demo and I've really been likin the game. But do what everyone else has said, rent it or read a bunch of reviews on t

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By Danteveli

If you liked the demo they you should be ok with the full game.

JBrighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JBrighty

@Xshinobi said:

nope, and yes its way better

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Game's fine

Fine as in it's not really resident evil but I wouldn't have called 5 RE either.

It's also better than 5.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RAMBO604

The demo is a pretty bland group of segments. The game is good with problems. Much of the major issues stem from contemporary Japanese game development (i.e. animation priority). Overall I think it is more fun moment to moment than RE5 while being a less technically proficient game.

And none of it is offensive as reviews are making it out to be.

Case in point I am absolutely baffled as to why Brad and Patrick were so offended by the rope climbing segment, that was ridiculously easy. The button prompts actually show exactly that the triggers must be held down then lifted one by one. And its not even the first time the OTE is encountered.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14  Edited By impartialgecko

@Xshinobi said:

ARE. Dammit, are better. Also the world seems to be down on RE6 and there's no smoke without fire. Haven't played it myself, but objectively speaking I've seen an overlong game with a bad framerate and a load of co-op doors. That's pretty damning regardless of how it plays to me.

Fawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fawkes

I didn't like either of the demos, but the game is kind of growing on me. It's QTE hell, but other than that I'm enjoying it.

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xshinobi

Well I picked it up on PSN last night and I gotta say I'm really enjoying myself. I just finished chapter 3 of Leon's campaign and it is pretty fantastic so far. I find it a lot more enjoyable than RE5 and it is the first RE game to actually control well.

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By flakmunkey

I'm really liking it so far

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By SpudBug

I think you have to make up your own mind. It's very polarizing, but realize that the people who do like it will enjoy it a lot. Sure, it's kind of shallow, but what did you expect from modern resident evil? Even RE4 had a stupid as stupid plot, just great settings and pacing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.