More Resident Evil 6 spoilerific trailers!

#1 Edited by Yummylee (22062 posts) -

Or... one more to be specific.

Man oh man, just what is there left of the story? The conclusion I suppose?? They're maybe taking this a little too far, but if the game is as 'big' as they've said (roughly around 30 hours long altogether), then maybe it's a smart strategy to show off the biggest story strands since there'll be so much story for them to lead into.

Also, Ada Wong now officially confirmed. Chris & Sherry working together in Europe? And from what I can tell, the stories will actually collide and you'll get to see certain events from a different perspective. Like when we see both Leon and Jake fighting against 'Neo-Umbrella''s (lol) latest frankenstein... 's monster. That is unless the story will dictate just which two characters are paired. That could create some minor fubbles concerning inventory if true, though. I guess they could just import whatever you had as Helena for example onto Jake mind you.

Plenty of Leon/Chris cohort-ing too, which I'm liking. <3

Also, y'know, given the topic: What did we all think of the gameplay showing without all of that pesky editing to stand in the way? Honestly, it looks a little... rough, to say the least. The movement animations in particular almost remind of the Yakuza games. UI isn't the most attractive either. I think they're primarily pushing the story for this game more than anything because maybe the actual gameplay won't be quite up to same standards. Can't judge too harshly at this point, though. And I'm still undeniably excited regardless; the story looks absolutely bombastic (Fan-tas-tic...), and I'm eagerly awaiting to see how all of this will come to an end. I mean, this pretty much has to be the end of the current canon... surely?

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (16016 posts) -

Looking good.

#3 Posted by GunstarRed (5305 posts) -

Wow, That looks fan fucking tastic, but swimming sections UGH!. I HATED the sections in revelations. Can't wait for the demo in a month.

#4 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

I am going to avoid any news about this game now. I'm already know I want to play it.

#5 Posted by Yummylee (22062 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

Wow, That looks fan fucking tastic, but swimming sections UGH!. I HATED the sections in revelations. Can't wait for the demo in a month.

Yeah, that left a sick feeling in my stomach =X The trailer bit, not during Revelations - to which I unfortunately still haven't played yet. The lack of a 3DS has made it quite difficult...

#6 Edited by believer258 (11995 posts) -

I thought RE5 was supposed to be the end of the current canon.

But no, there will always be more BOW's to shoot and corrupt stupid corporations to make them as far as Resident Evil goes (and as long as money keeps coming in). I just hope that this game doesn't put as much focus on co-op. And, frankly, I wish they would have kept the "no move and shoot" thing in RE4 and 5. I found that added an interesting dimension to the combat that you don't see anywhere else.

#7 Posted by TheHT (11524 posts) -

Dude that looks amazing.

#8 Edited by Yummylee (22062 posts) -

@believer258 said:

It's not like they're contriving stuff out of their ass, though. Ada Wong has been a mystery since the very beginning, and it's only now that they've finally decided to elaborate on what she's after. Admittedly her arc and Wesker's would have been better suited in reverse (This as RE5, and Wesker's death for for RE6), but after this then they'll really have to dig deep and pull something supremely stupid to carry on with these characters and this canon. Nicholai Ginovaef, HUNK, Barry Burton and Billy Coen open up their own B.O.W. bustin' agency... I guess, that's always on the table.

They could always purposely leave some gaping holes open to fill with sequels, but... this all feels very climatic and to be the end-all for this current canon of the series. I mean we finally have Leon and Chris in the same game. It really doesn't get anymore 'final' than that.

#9 Posted by IBurningStar (2187 posts) -

I almost feel like I know too much about this game's story. The trailers have revealed so much stuff. 

I just hope this finally wraps up the Leon/Ada thread. It could be nice if they addressed what Claire, Rebecca, Barry, etc. have been doing since their last appearances.

#10 Posted by believer258 (11995 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@believer258 said:

It's not like they're contriving stuff out of their ass, though. Ada Wong has been a mystery since the very beginning, and it's only now that they've finally decided to elaborate on what she's after. Admittedly her arc and Wesker's would have been better suited in reverse (This as RE5, and Wesker's death for for RE6), but after this then they'll really have to dig deep and pull something supremely stupid to carry on with these characters and this canon. Nicholai Ginovaef, HUNK, Barry Burton and Billy Coen open up their own B.O.W. bustin' agency... I guess, that's always on the table.

They could always purposely leave some gaping wholes open to fill with sequels, but... this all feels very climatic and to be the end-all for this current canon of the series. I mean we finally have Leon and Chris in the same game. It really doesn't get anymore 'final' than that.

As long as a franchise remains a money-maker I don't see Capcom letting it go.

#11 Posted by Yummylee (22062 posts) -

@believer258: Yeah, I never said Resident Evil would be finished, just the current fiction they have. A reboot will no doubt be in order once RE6 is all dusted and they've squeezed it dry with DLC.

#12 Posted by EpicBenjamin (627 posts) -

Loving these crazy-ass bombastic trailers so far. Also really liked the first minute of this trailer, kinda reminded me of Kane & Lynch 2 for some reason.

#13 Posted by Yummylee (22062 posts) -

Also, speaking for when the stories coinciding, it'll apparently open up some opportunities for 4-player coop. Which.... sure, whatever. They've nailed what they're going for (unlike in RE5), so as long as they're at least going to follow through in this direction, then fine, I can live with it. Given how Shinji Mikami is aiming to make a new 'pure survival horror experience', I'm more comfortable in recognising Resident Evil as an action-focussed shooter.

#14 Posted by IBurningStar (2187 posts) -

Guys, I think we are all over looking something really important here. Neo Umbrella. I want you to say that out loud a couple of times. There is an actual organization called Neo Umbrella.

Godammit Resident Evil, I love you and your goofy as hell storylines.

#15 Posted by axx1000 (37 posts) -

racoon city was the first resident evil game that i didnt buy... either way this game looks good, as long as they dont press me for a pre order exclusive and the combat isnt busted im going to get this game and im going to love it.

#16 Posted by Yummylee (22062 posts) -

@IBurningStar said:

I almost feel like I know too much about this game's story. The trailers have revealed so much stuff. I just hope this finally wraps up the Leon/Ada thread. It could be nice if they addressed what Claire, Rebecca, Barry, etc. have been doing since their last appearances.

Speaking for Claire, there's apparently going to be a 3DS game starring her that'll lead up to the events of RE6. I would imagine they'd release it maybe a year or two after RE6 sorta like how they did with Revelations, considering that it still hasn't been announced yet, and I think their mind is understandably dead-set on RE6 at the moment.

Rebecca, Barry and Billy, though... maybe they'll earn a cameo spot somewhere in RE6 (or act as a surprise reveal), but I doubt they'll be putting much effort into shedding light on to just what the Hell they've been up to over the past 15 years. It'd be cool if there were at least some unlockable epilogues like in RE3 that brief you where they've been.

#17 Posted by MiniPato (2743 posts) -

I'm not sure I like the way the shooting looks. It's ditched the laser sight focus for a more action oriented reticule, yet the enemy reactions to getting shot is still like the past 2 RE titles. Maybe they just went with the crosshairs because there are too many explosions and flashing lights to notice a laser sight. WHO KNOWS.

The best part of the demonstration was the part when that horde of torch weilding zombies were running up the stairs. Great lighting and impressive amount of characters on screen. It was very atmospheric and almost terrifying were they not so easily dispatched.

Overall, I liked the demo they showed. Sure, it's not horror or anything like the RE games of old, but if you were still holding out for true horror after RE4 and especially RE5...well I don't know what to tell ya.

#18 Posted by Yummylee (22062 posts) -

@MiniPato: I noticed the crosshairs during the gameplay demo too, but during the trailer in my OP it shows the laser sight. - specifically during the part when Leon & Helena are in an aeroplane. Maybe it's now an attachment you have to buy? Or one or the other is the place-holder for when they get the... other to be in full working condition.

#19 Posted by Melanon (58 posts) -

I'm so hype for this game. The visuals look great, the combat looks fun, and even the story seems interesting.

#20 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

it looks good. i hope that it is better than 5.

#21 Posted by RichMeisterMan (70 posts) -

@Yummylee: It doesn't make sense to have that game on a nintendo console considering the game it would lead into wouldn't be appearing anytime soon on one of their consoles. If anything it seems it would be on the Vita ...or maybe a facebook game. lol

Anyway, does anyone know what kind of gimmick the game will have? I found the treasure/upgrade and mission bullshit of RE5 to be boring. I enjoyed though the gun powder in RE3, Attache case and stranger in RE4.

#22 Posted by Yummylee (22062 posts) -

@RichMeisterMan: Since when do CAPCOM ever make sense these days? :o Anywhoo they have stated in the past that after the, supposed, success of Revelations that they'd want to release another on the 3DS. And really it's not very different from CAPCOM leashing RE0 and the remake (and RE4... temporarily) to Nintendo on the gamecube & wii.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.