Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

New Game + ?

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mars

I dug around before posting so I apologize if I missed this. My brother and I played through RE5 3 or 4 times, each time buying upgraded weapons until we had maxed everything out. I've heard of the skill point system in this game but I'm not very clear on it. Is their a "standard" RE new game + option like in RE5; or has the skill point system replaced it? If it has been replaced by the skill points, how do they work?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

There's a NG+ mode that allows you to play right from the start with all of your unlocked weapons and skills. Though if you want, the game actually allows you to play through again resetting your progress with the weapons while still keeping all of your purchased Skills.

EDIT: Oh, but I should clarify. You don't upgrade nor even buy weapons in RE6. You'll simply find new weapons as the campaign progresses.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mars

What do the skills do?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Mars Passive buffs like more gun damage, more melee damage, more drops from enemies, quick reload, steadier aim etc. You can have multiple load outs but only 3 skills equipped at a time IiRC.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

They act as character buffs basically. There's stuff like increased firearm damage, critical damage, defence, ammo drops and so on. You can equip three at a time, and can also create eight different configurations which you can switch between mid-game.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mars

Well, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was looking forward to many play-throughs but this might be a deal breaker. I really enjoyed feeling all powerful after several runs and getting guns with infinite ammo.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@Mars: Oh don't worry. Once all four of the campaigns have been completed, you unlock for purchase infinite ammo skills per weapon type.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RAMBO604

@Yummylee said:

@Mars: Oh don't worry. Once all four of the campaigns have been completed, you unlock for purchase infinite ammo skills per weapon type.

What is the point of that when there is an option for infinite ammo when creating a game?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@RAMBO604 said:

@Yummylee said:

What is the point of that when there is an option for infinite ammo when creating a game?

That's not what that's for. I made the same assumption as well, but it's there as apart of the matchmaking filters. It's asking whether you want to be matched up with another player who is or isn't using infinite ammo.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

You intend to play RE6 more than once. Wow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.