New Resident Evil 6 trailer

• 86 results
#1 Edited by SkyTown_Drifts (47 posts) -

New captivate trailer

New October release date can either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Edit: It worked in another forum should work now.

#2 Edited by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

Oh gawwwwwd. I was in the middle of writing up my OP for it too :P Oh well, I'll just copypasta it over here in any case.

So... well, where to begin? The mysterious duo has at least been finally unveiled; petite little blonde is Sherry Birkin (I told you son'bitches!) and ginger buzzcut is Albert Wesker...'s son. Alex Wesker then? Ermmmmmmmmmm Ada Wong looks like she may starring in the cast list once again, now looking like all of that annoying cryptic 'behind the scenes' stuff she was doing in previous games has finally lead somewhere--which from the looks of things is as some villainous bitch, but of course I'm willing to bet there's some morally ambiguous ulterior motive behind it all and she'll probably die trying to save Leon yet again, but then isn't really dead and then the cycle starts a new. Oh, and Chris & Leon staring each other down - FUCKING COSMIC!! Oh, and of course there's yet another virus to add to the ever increasing alphabetised chemical set across Resident Evil fiction. C-Virus... Convoluted-Virus maybe...

And to top it all off, the release date has even been pushed forward? That is probably the biggest revelation of all to do with this new trailer.

I have to admit, as someone who is unexplainable-y so enamoured with the RE fiction, each and every new RE6 trailer gives me a metaphorical nerdgasm larger than the last. I just can't help myself. But still, I'm just glad there's still something that can get me excited like this. Reminds me of a simpler time.

#3 Edited by SkyTown_Drifts (47 posts) -

@Abyssfull: yeah sorry about that, I decided that I wanted the glory.

#4 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Eh. I really didn't like 5 and I'm going to bet this is more of that.

#5 Posted by Shookems (473 posts) -

RE5 was a blast co-op and RE4 is one of my favorite games ever. RE6 looks like it will be pretty awesome as well.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

@SkyTown_Drifts said:

@Abyssfull: yeah sorry about that, I decided that I wanted the glory.

Only seems fair. Besides, the conversation will more than likely shift over to the videos page when Jeff posts the trailer anyway =(

#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (7561 posts) -

Fuck yes! That was AMAZING!

Did Chris put on some weight?

#8 Posted by RobotHamster (4156 posts) -

That damn giraffe...

#9 Posted by SkyTown_Drifts (47 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: More like they added more muscle to him

#10 Posted by SlashDance (1758 posts) -

Capcom can still make a good trailer.

#11 Edited by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

I bemoan the absense of Ashley and presence of Sherry.

Also Leon continues to look less and less like Leon.

But the game should be sweet.

#12 Posted by Wampa1 (592 posts) -

I'm hoping the main game keeps the co-op option in there, Made RE5 great to play with mates on a Friday night.

#13 Posted by august (3811 posts) -

The people who live in the Resident Evil universe gotta be pretty tired of bioterrorism by now.

#14 Edited by themangalist (1675 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

Oh gawwwwwd. I was in the middle of writing up my OP for it too :P Oh well, I'll just copypasta it over here in any case.

So... well, where to begin? The mysterious duo has at least been finally unveiled; petite little blonde is Sherry Birkin (I told you son'bitches!) and ginger buzzcut is Albert Wesker...'s son. Alex Wesker then? Ermmmmmmmmmm Ada Wong looks like she may starring in the cast list once again, now looking like all of that annoying cryptic 'behind the scenes' stuff she was doing in previous games has finally lead somewhere--which from the looks of things is as some villainous bitch, but of course I'm willing to bet there's some morally ambiguous ulterior motive behind it all and she'll probably die trying to save Leon yet again, but then isn't really dead and then the cycle starts a new. Oh, and Chris & Leon staring each other down - FUCKING COSMIC!! Oh, and of course there's yet another virus to add to the ever increasing alphabetised chemical set across Resident Evil fiction. C-Virus... Convoluted-Virus maybe...

And to top it all off, the release date has even been pushed forward? That is probably the biggest revelation of all to do with this new trailer.

I have to admit, as someone who is unexplainable-y so enamoured with the RE fiction, each and every new RE6 trailer gives me a metaphorical nerdgasm larger than the last. I just can't help myself. But still, I'm just glad there's still something that can get me excited like this. Reminds me of a simpler time.

You deserve the post. Technically this is youtube spam but it seems that the mods are more tolerant towards video game trailers. But then ya, Jeff has to post this trailer anyways.

#15 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

It also looks like Leon will yet again lose his jacket sometime during the story... again! And that leather jacket of his is so bitchin'.

#16 Posted by Hailinel (22711 posts) -

But will they actually explain where the hell Sherry has been all this time?

#17 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

As someone who started Resident Evil at number 5, this one looks like it'll be a fun romp. Carry on with your hating.

#18 Edited by nohthink (1222 posts) -

Hahahaha they delayed the game.... That bums me down but oh well

edit: never mind.... Europe's way of writing the date confused me. They're releasing the game a month earlier!

#19 Edited by Hector (3346 posts) -

Couldn't help but see that stupid giraffe again when the logo popped up at the end.

#20 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Abyssfull: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. DUDE, ADA WONG IS BAD. LIKE, SHE'S REALLY BAD. GODDAMN IT. FUCKING GODDAMN IT.

#21 Posted by 71Ranchero (2580 posts) -

@august said:

The people who live in the Resident Evil universe gotta be pretty tired of bioterrorism by now.

They have to be running out of pure humans at this point.

#22 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

But will they actually explain where the hell Sherry has been all this time?

No doubt. Whether any of it will make sense is another question.

#23 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

MOTHER OF GOD! This game looks absolutely spectacular! So Wesker's son eh? I hope he remains neutral and refrains from following in his "fathers" footsteps. Awesome trailer all in all, but I'm waiting for more gameplay.

#24 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Abyssfull: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. DUDE, ADA WONG IS BAD. LIKE, SHE'S REALLY BAD. GODDAMN IT. FUCKING GODDAMN IT.

She won't be the true villain, though. No doubt the next in kin for ''mysterious evil person plotting it all behind the scenes'' with the accent during the beginning is what our heroes eventually set their sights on. I'm sure Ada will reveal herself to be working undercover or something just to get close to him so she could finally put an end to 'evil corporation #3332'.

But if she really is just an evil cow and has been all along, then Hell yes!

#25 Posted by vorpalparasite (259 posts) -

That trailer definitely got me super excited! October can't come soon enough.

#26 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Abyssfull: Dude, she just turned Chris's team into monsters! She's bad!

#27 Posted by AdzPearson (201 posts) -

Nice to know it'll likely come out this year. Can't wait to see what RE6 has in store. RE5 wasn't quite as good as 4, but it by no means put me off the series. The pacing has been great in recent Resi games.

#28 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

Leon and Chris meet face to face... Game of the Year every year.

#29 Posted by Jamakan_Inc (81 posts) -

I just came.

#30 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Abyssfull: Dude, she just turned Chris's team into monsters! She's bad!

I'm... sure it was for a good cause! >_> <_<

Ah well. I do hope that she'll inject herself with a virus and morph into some shapeless blob like everyone else does in this series. As long as she isn't anything like the Wesker or Jill boss battles from RE5... although with the increased mobility, maybe that style of boss battle won't be so aggravating.

#31 Posted by kishinfoulux (2077 posts) -

No gameplay equals not interested.

#32 Edited by NTM (7033 posts) -

Whoaaa! Wow, that trailer gives a lot away! That's so exciting! Thanks for posting! I hope Leon and Chris meet up.

Edit - I couldn't help but post when I heard Wesker jr. So seeing the rest of it with Leon and Chris? THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! AHHHH! First day buy. So awesome. So awesome, so freaking awesome!

#33 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

@NTM said:

Whoaaa! Wow, that trailer gives a lot away! That's so exciting! Thanks for posting! I hope Leon and Chris meet up.

Did you watch it, or you avoiding for spoilers sake? Because Chris & Leon totally do meet up finally; they even have themselves what will no doubt be a short-lived Mexican stand-off

#34 Posted by NTM (7033 posts) -

@Abyssfull: I just edited it. As I said, I was excited even before the end, I had to respond. I did watch it. So exciting!

#35 Edited by NTM (7033 posts) -

I don't dislike the old survival horror style RE's, but I think the newer action oriented take on Resident Evil (four and five) is awesome. As long as they can bring the beloved character back and still have a quality game no matter what, I'm in. I thought it was awesome seeing Chris and Leon do a little battle, it reminded me of the great Krauser battle and some of the small Wesker fights in five. I feel like playing five again. Also, there are a lot of character in Resident Evil, so she's not one I think of a lot, but I do wonder if they bring back Sheva too. When the heck is there going to be a Metal Gear Solid 4-like Resident Evil game where they bring every single living character back into one, and they all eventually cross paths with one another?

#36 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -

Cool trailer but I hope they don't put too many out. Capcom went overboard with the RE5 trailers and ended up showing way too much of that game.

#37 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

How and when did Wesker get a kid :S? I guess they will probably explain that in 6, but still feels kinda forced, or am I the only one who feels that way? But then again, this is a RE game so :P. 

But I feel kinda hyped now after watching that, I loved 4 and 5, even the old ones were pretty awesome back in the day. One of the few horror games I could play without turning off the console 5min in.

#38 Posted by supamon (1325 posts) -

Man did that trailer give away some of the plot. Noticed it was all CG though which is weird considering they showed gameplay on the previous one. It looks like it'll be similar to RE5 two man co-op style since they're all in twos.

#39 Edited by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

@NTM said:

I don't dislike the old survival horror style RE's, but I think the newer action oriented take on Resident Evil (four and five) is awesome. As long as they can bring the beloved character back and still have a quality game no matter what, I'm in. I thought it was awesome seeing Chris and Leon do a little battle, it reminded me of the great Krauser battle and some of the small Wesker fights in five. I feel like playing five again. Also, there are a lot of character in Resident Evil, so she's not one I think of a lot, but I do wonder if they bring back Sheva too. When the heck is there going to be a Metal Gear Solid 4-like Resident Evil game where they bring every single living character back into one, and they all eventually cross paths with one another?

RE4 was great for what it was, but RE5 was a clusterfuck. I still miss the ye olden ways of RE, but that's never going to come back so I've learned to suck it up and stick to what I get. And RE6 looks like it'll fantastic. The entire game looks like it'll take place at night time; none of that suntan shit.

And I think this could be the 'MGS4' of Resident Evils... deja vu... pretty sure I've most likely already had this conversation with you ;P But yeah, to (possibly) reiterate, since Ada Wong and Sherry Birkin are back--the two most prominent missing links within the fiction--I think this could be the perfect opportunity to give a big farewell and just cram everyone in, for cameos at least. Been still no mention of Jill as well, and I'm sure she'll be in here somewhere, just not as prominent as she was in RE5. Billy Coen I doubt will be resurfacing, though. He doesn't exactly fit in anywhere, so it wouldn't be a huge loss if his whereabouts are still left unknown. Barry and Rebecca... maybe, considering the increased awareness with their mercenary appearances. But again, cameo roles at best I think.

Sheva... who knows. I'd imagine she's still back at the West African branch. But maybe we'll get a call back from her down the line. I certainly hope they go this route anywhoo; after this, where could the series go from here?? I'm sure CAPCOM would find a way, but given how much things are coming together, this looks like the perfect place to finish the primary arc of the series.

@supamon said:

Man did that trailer give away some of the plot. Noticed it was all CG though which is weird considering they showed gameplay on the previous one. It looks like it'll be similar to RE5 two man co-op style since they're all in twos.

Yeah... for better or worse (in my case, worse), they're going to be sticking very closely to cooperative play in RE6.

#40 Posted by Demoskinos (13856 posts) -

Really excited to get my capcom on this year between DMC and RE6!

#41 Posted by EuanDewar (4509 posts) -

Yo who did Wesker fuck

Like, seriously, what

#42 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1348 posts) -

We've already had viruses and parasites, isn't it time for a change? Bacterial infection? Mycetoma even? AT LEAST GIVE IT A PROPER FUCKING NAME FOR CHRIST.

#43 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Yo who did Wesker fuck

Like, seriously, what

Well, he has had Sherry locked up in his little dungeon filled with Billy Idol posters everywhere for the past fe-OH GOD NO.... I think he's meant to be a clone in any case.

#44 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

CG trailers always fills me with confidence the game will be good.

#45 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1348 posts) -

Yea what do we think of Wesker Jnr? Surely he's not his literal son, more like a Wesker experiment that left him with WEskerish powers or something. Indirect progeny.

#46 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

@WalkerTR77 said:

Yea what do we think of Wesker Jnr? Surely he's not his literal son, more like a Wesker experiment that left him with WEskerish powers or something. Indirect progeny.

Complete... Global... Procreation.

#47 Edited by Encephalon (1176 posts) -

GODDAMMIT ADA I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING

#48 Posted by Yummylee (20571 posts) -

Also Mercenaries Mode is returning (shocker), and... Jake Muller? Is that the name of Wesker's offspring, or whatever the hell?

#49 Posted by NTM (7033 posts) -

@Abyssfull: I agree, but I disagree about RE5. I didn't like it when it came out, but I noticed later on that I stopped caring for the changes and liked it for all of its qualities. I'm glad it's part of the main story, but I'm also happy it wasn't the last. I think I've already said this to you before, but I think the latest animated movie they're making, will feature Billy Coen and Leon. That's what I thought I had heard the last time I saw the trailer for it, which was a long time ago it seems, and reading on the wiki just now, there's no mention of Billy, so I don't know. What about Carlos though? Just kidding.

#50 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1348 posts) -

Is that Nemesis standing on Wesker Jnr?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.