Playthrough online (not mine and no voiceover commentary)

#1 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

So far its about the first four hours or so. I'm on the fence it doesn't seem atrocious but not really all that good either http://www.gameanyone.com/game/X360/17621.html

If you want to check it out before buying, i'm thinking rental.

#2 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -

Yeah, it's gonna get pulled, isn't it? I'm tempted, but then again... It's also 1 in the morning.

#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Ill be getting the game but don't see any harm in watching the very beginning.

#4 Edited by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

Yeah, it's gonna get pulled, isn't it? I'm tempted, but then again... It's also 1 in the morning.

Its been up about 2 days with a few different upload times so maybe, maybe not,

#5 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Its been up about 2 days withe a few different upload times so maybe, maybe not,

Yeah, I actually watched a bit after posting that. It looks... meh. That's the impression I got from 15 minutes of footage.

#6 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

It's gonna be at Redbox...So yeah.

#7 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Its been up about 2 days withe a few different upload times so maybe, maybe not,

Yeah, I actually watched a bit after posting that. It looks... meh. That's the impression I got from 15 minutes of footage.

Yeah same here, it seems they are trying to be Kojima like with their cutscences which isn't necessarily bad I just don't think it fits RE.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

The prologue looked like I expected. Mainly a tutorial with some cutscens/qte, nothing offensive. Skimming around the stream looked pretty good though. Played the demo just a little bit ago and I have a strong grasp on the controls and actually really am enjoying gameplay. You can be pretty mobile and acrobatic once you get it all down. In general it's just fun to play, not a popular opinion as of now but oh well. I do miss my old re but that's why I bought a GameCube last year. Anyway lookin forward to it now.

#9 Posted by BBQBram (2291 posts) -

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Yeah same here, it seems they are trying to be Kojima like with their cutscences which isn't necessarily bad I just don't think it fits RE.

I've been thinking this since RE4. "I'm going to swat down a bothersome fly" was lifted straight from MGS1. Also their attempts to make every single character and game integral to the fiction no matter how forced it feels.

#10 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

@BBQBram said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

I've been thinking this since RE4. "I'm going to swat down a bothersome fly" was lifted straight from MGS1. Also their attempts to make every single character and game integral to the fiction no matter how forced it feels.

Well quite frankly at this point with how convoluted (IMO) everything about the story has become they might as well keep going over the the top with it because there is really no way to simplify it now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.