Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 6

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 02, 2012

The technically eighth entry in the popular horror series features the return of leading protagonists Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield, along with new character Jake Muller, to combat against the latest B.O.W. manufacturer Neo-Umbrella.

Resident Evil 6 disappointment

• 60 results
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#51  Edited By Yummylee

@msavo: lol are you seriously asking me, or just pouring salt over the wound? X_X

The answer's no in any case. No Barry, no Rebecca, no Billy, no Carlos - so many characters left to mystery for the sake of more Leon and Chris.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By RE_Player1

@Yummylee: Sorry :P As much as I feel Capcom panders to fans anytime this character is in a game what about H.U.N.K?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By falserelic

@Yummylee said:

@msavo: lol are you seriously asking me, or just pouring salt over the wound? X_X

The answer's no in any case. No Barry, no Rebecca, no Billy, no Carlos - so many characters left to mystery for the sake of more Leon and Chris.

For some reason I have a feeling they might have a secret campaign DLCs for some of those characters.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#54  Edited By Yummylee

@msavo said:

@Yummylee: Sorry :P As much as I feel Capcom panders to fans anytime this character is in a game what about H.U.N.K?

Nope. He's not even in the Mercenaries mode far as I know. So weird why they'd create all of these new characters--Helena, Piers, Jake--when there are so many other characters with history within the series they could have implemented instead.

@falserelic said:

@Yummylee said:

For some reason I have a feeling they might have a secret campaign DLCs for some of those characters.

I highly doubt there's going to be any campaign DLC... I know they've got that 360-exclusive multiplayer crap brewing, but I can't imagine there's going to be a lot of support down the line for this game. Least nothing of the calibre like another campaign.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sasnake

@QuistisTrepe: Jim Sterling, lol

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AltonBrown

Although I agree with a lot of the criticisms leveled at RE6, I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. To each his own, I guess.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DoctorDanger99

Resident evil is so stale and predictable!they need the update it!resident evil 5 is terrible!they need to make it like the old ones! resident evil 6 is the worst game ever game! ive played every game ever made and this one is the worst. the WORST!

i swear people dont know the diffrence between an amazing game and a good game. not eveyr game has to be spectacular.not every has to be the greatest game of all time. if RE didnt change and evolve we wouldnt even be playing it.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By kmg90

I think the problem this game has is its a blatant cash in on the recent casual popularity of Resident Evil (the movies, the terrible Slant Six Squad Shooter, RE5 which arguably, was the Gears of war like RE at the time of release) . The RE5 ENDED all if not most of the story arcs that the RE series has had. The game had the ENTIRE timeline of the RE universe!

My interpretation of the reason why this game was trashed on during QL, was the due to the facts previously mentioned. This game has NOTHING of interest to those who have enjoyed the franchise up to this point. After all the games in the series and the (terrible0 movies in the series, at no point is their a hint of Wesker ever having a son; It's the good ol' secret kid of one of the main antagonists trope. How convenient!

Resident Evil is mostly revered for its story NOT gameplay, remember the tank controls from the original PS1-N64 era?

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@kmg90 said:

I think the problem this game has is its a blatant cash in on the recent casual popularity of Resident Evil (the movies, the terrible Slant Six Squad Shooter, RE5 which arguably, was the Gears of war like RE at the time of release) . The RE5 ENDED all if not most of the story arcs that the RE series has had. The game had the ENTIRE timeline of the RE universe!

My interpretation of the reason why this game was trashed on during QL, was the due to the facts previously mentioned. This game has NOTHING of interest to those who have enjoyed the franchise up to this point. After all the games in the series and the (terrible0 movies in the series, at no point is their a hint of Wesker ever having a son; It's the good ol' secret kid of one of the main antagonists trope. How convenient!

Resident Evil is mostly revered for its story NOT gameplay, remember the tank controls from the original PS1-N64 era?

I have loved all the main line Resident Evil games including both of the Outbreak games and I am liking this one so far. I could be wrong in this but I want to say in one of the previous games I read something about Wesker having a son. I think this was mentioned so they didn't pull this one out of their ass.....I think. It has been a while so sorry if I am wrong. I love the games but I never go back to them. That would just ruin the memory.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By IBurningStar

@Yummylee said:

Also Chris & Leon don't team up. I don't even.

This sums it up right here. This is them missing out on the most obvious thing possible. This is like MGS4 minus the part where you are piloting a Metal Gear. You know, the one thing the fans have wanted for OVER A FUCKING DECADE. In a game that is all about fan service and bringing characters together, it baffles me that they didn't do this. I think this game should have been a series celebration like MGS4. Wrap up anything left unanswered and close out all storylines. Pack it with subtle nods to the past and give the fans their dream scenarios of things like a Chris and Leon scenario. Basically, finish the series up and then reboot it. But with good gameplay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.